SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-12, 07:05 PM   #466
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.0.27.0 released. See post #1.

This version adds support for magnetic detonator range defects. When enabled there is a 10% chance that the torpedo has a magnetic detonator defect that causes it's sensing range to be less than actual.

If the torpedo has a defect and does not detonate because of this defect when under a unit there will be NO reports from anyone saying torpedo is a dud or the likes The torpedo will just continue on it's merry way!

Looking into adding an impact angle calculator for the magnetic torpedoes.

Spoiler: if you have the round torpedo circles enabled, when the torpedo's head is right in the middle of the first circle (1) it has reached arming distance and is live....found that by accident today!

TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 07:28 PM   #467
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

TDW you're just one man team.
I haven't time to manage the changes

EDIT:
Quote:
Looking into adding an impact angle calculator for the magnetic torpedoes.
Where to look?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel

Last edited by volodya61; 05-22-12 at 08:16 PM.
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 01:01 AM   #468
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
double click on the sh5patcher\file\open\TDW_SH5_Patches.s5p
select path to sh5exe ending with silent hunter 5
click ok
make all False
do the same for all the patches

Extract the new patcher to your sh5 main game folder overwriting the old patcher . Repeat the process to enable true on all the patches . Copy the blue exe icon (4.17mb) to your desktop and launch from that .
Thanks, sober, and you too, Kurtz!

Now it makes perfect sense!

Now, next silly question: The "dud fix", does that mean that now magnetic detonators might actually work occasionally too? Because up until now I haven't really needed a fix to make some of my magnetic eel duds since they all were. Never once managed to get one to detonate under the keel, and I've tried many times, including using test missions with stationary targets firing the whole load at different depths under the keel.
Old 05-23-12, 02:28 AM   #469
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
Thanks, sober, and you too, Kurtz!

Now it makes perfect sense!

Now, next silly question: The "dud fix", does that mean that now magnetic detonators might actually work occasionally too? Because up until now I haven't really needed a fix to make some of my magnetic eel duds since they all were. Never once managed to get one to detonate under the keel, and I've tried many times, including using test missions with stationary targets firing the whole load at different depths under the keel.
If you enable magnetic torp fix patch the magnetic detonators will work (your sub will also take hull damage from DCs with this patch)!
The dud fix fixes the problem with impact duds
I added a new patch that will give a 10% chance for magnetic 'duds' It's available in newest version released.
Old 05-23-12, 03:02 AM   #470
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
...Never once managed to get one to detonate under the keel, and I've tried many times, including using test missions with stationary targets firing the whole load at different depths under the keel.
Hi Misha!

Try to use Magnetic detonators set to 4m at the bottom of the post #1. If you use FX Update let them overwrite FX Update's files.

my post about this problem - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=336

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel

Last edited by volodya61; 05-23-12 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-23-12, 03:11 AM   #471
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Found a medium sized convoy at night . Fired a fan of 4 magnetic torps . No external cam so all i can report is 1 hit . Then fired 4 impact torps . No problems .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 11:00 AM   #472
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Found a medium sized convoy at night . Fired a fan of 4 magnetic torps . No external cam so all i can report is 1 hit . Then fired 4 impact torps . No problems .
Are you saying there is a problem with the magnetic torps? Depth keeping and guidance problems are probably why 3 of them never 'hit'. Since you couldn't view them that was probably why.
Old 05-23-12, 01:57 PM   #473
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Tested the new dud version in historical mission, and still some problems, am I doing this right?

-No more freezing
-Every hit is a dud!
-Torpedoes continue their path, they bounce to the ships hull and after a while continue forward. Normally they should stop and fall to the bottom of the sea.

Any ideas?
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 02:39 PM   #474
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Tested the new dud version in historical mission, and still some problems, am I doing this right?
Tested in game (Baltic Operations, OH-II)

Quote:
-No more freezing
No more freezing, no more hanging

Quote:
-Every hit is a dud!

Any ideas?
40/60 - (40% dud or premature detonation, 60% - OK)

No ideas, just for information

Old 05-23-12, 02:53 PM   #475
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

-No more freezing
-Every hit is a dud!
-Torpedoes continue their path, they bounce to the ships hull and after a while continue forward. Normally they should stop and fall to the bottom of the sea.

Any ideas?
Sounds like you are not using the newest version of the patcher (because you say every hit is a dud).

The torpedoes will not stop and fall to the bottom anymore when they are a dud. They will continue on as you've seen
Old 05-23-12, 03:14 PM   #476
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Are you saying there is a problem with the magnetic torps? Depth keeping and guidance problems are probably why 3 of them never 'hit'. Since you couldn't view them that was probably why.
They didnt hit because it was a fan shot and 3 missed there target . Bad captain , great mod .
Old 05-23-12, 03:15 PM   #477
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Sounds like you are not using the newest version of the patcher (because you say every hit is a dud).

The torpedoes will not stop and fall to the bottom anymore when they are a dud. They will continue on as you've seen
Ok, thanks for the info. Must double check all the settings concerning the dud ratio, must have messed something up. But the torpedo behaviour (when it's a dud) is a pretty strange looking and it makes a quite awful noise when in camera mode and underwater, just keeps clanging to the hull. Is this more realistic behaviour, and if so, is there a way to make the noise more subtle? Small things, I know!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 05:06 PM   #478
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the info. Must double check all the settings concerning the dud ratio, must have messed something up. But the torpedo behaviour (when it's a dud) is a pretty strange looking and it makes a quite awful noise when in camera mode and underwater, just keeps clanging to the hull. Is this more realistic behaviour, and if so, is there a way to make the noise more subtle? Small things, I know!
I have no idea currently. I'm trying to figure out what tells the torpedo to 'die' when it impacts something so that I can setup some kind of random thing that will determine whether torpedo continues on it's merry way when a dud or stops and sinks to bottom when a dud.

Good news on the problem I was looking into regarding setting % chance of duds to 100 in the torpedoes .sim file and still getting impact detonations: the reason for the impact detonations was the magnetic detonator triggering Makes total sense! Sometimes when the game says torpedo collision is a dud it checks to see if magnetic detonator detects the unit, if so then torpedo impact! I need more people to test this to ensure 100%. To test: edit the torpedoes .sim file and set the % dud chances all to 100. Set Magnetic detonator to No. You have to do this for all entries of that torpedo. Now everytime you fire a torpedo it should be a dud no matter what.

EDIT:

some posts back I mentioned something about following something dealing with is tutorial mission in the torpedo initializer. It checks to see if tutorial mission because if so the game totally disables any chance for premature detonations. So tutorial mission = no premature detonations.

EDIT2:

Anyone interested in a patch that would remove the torpedo speed ability? I found where it multiplies this ability by the torpedo's selected speed in the torpedo initializer. What I would do is remove this multiplication of selected torpedo speed by ability in the code.

EDIT3:

Is there an ability that can increase the maximum range of the torpedo? It appears there is because I found another thing that looks like an ability.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-23-12 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-23-12, 06:00 PM   #479
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Looking at the torpedo sim file with S3D i see there is wave heights that impact on duds chance , nice feature . Also no duds after a certain date .
Old 05-23-12, 06:05 PM   #480
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Looking at the torpedo sim file with S3D i see there is wave heights that impact on duds chance , nice feature . Also no duds after a certain date .
Wave heights should only be influencing premature detonations. Where are you seeing wave heights influencing duds chance?