SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-09, 06:58 PM   #466
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

No it doesn't. OLC removed the files responsible for the "depth-charge shake" effect. The following files have been removed:

data\sound : Sh3.sdl, shake,shake2,shake3

data\library : Cameras.dat, particles.dsd

If you want the effect back you must place these files to the corresponding directories. If you just want the effect and not the rest of OLC's mod or even the LRT mod itself then i think that making a JSGME-ready mod with the contents of data\sound and data\library will do the job.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 08:28 PM   #467
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
If you want the effect back you must place these files to the corresponding directories.
That would be a really bad idea.
Old 08-28-09, 02:17 AM   #468
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
That would be a really bad idea.
Now that i had a second though on this, yes, it would be a bad idea.(:rotfl
On the other hand i just wanted to say that its possible to use the effect, only. If so, then he shouldn't use it with your mod enabled or incorporate these files to your mod, ok that's fair. Besides, that's how you made LRT compatible with your mod ; by removing these files. right?

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
Old 08-28-09, 05:59 AM   #469
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0

its been a while since i used this mod but how do i re-enable contacts to appear on the map when zoomed in?
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 06:02 AM   #470
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig View Post
its been a while since i used this mod but how do i re-enable contacts to appear on the map when zoomed in?
In short: If you can't live without ship icons on a map, better don't use this mod yet
Old 08-28-09, 02:12 PM   #471
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

oh go on the then contact, make me feel like a right noob why dont ya

nah seriously though, i remember a while back bein told how do it, just cant remember how though.
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 10:23 AM   #472
tomfon
Grey Wolf

This mod has reached 900+ downloads.

Mods for SH3
Old 08-31-09, 10:49 AM   #473
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
Spotted a graphical issue when observing smokes coming from a damaged ship in a distance.

I spotted a convoy, unfortunetlly I was short in torps only with two left at stern. I took an aim at 09 Tanker and fired one at it, after I fired I noticed that convoy is changing course but luckily I managed to hit Granville in the way. The bloody granvilles ain't sinking from one torp as ussuall for me

So it strated spliting black smoke up in the air. I kept monitoring whether she will sink or not, but she kept going, badly listed to port and managed to keep up the speed of the convoy Visibility was good so I continued monitoring her smokes high in the horizon, when suddently smokes started to flicker before vanishing. I assume this happened because even smoke has reached it's visibility limit ? However I was waiting for a nice fade out of the smokes.. Well it is small thing of course, but still looks weird
Did the ship sink? Or perhaps, they put the fire out.
Old 08-31-09, 01:34 PM   #474
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958 View Post
Did the ship sink? Or perhaps, they put the fire out.
No he did not sink.. He got away spiting black smokes.
Old 09-01-09, 01:50 PM   #475
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
This mod has reached 900+ downloads.
Heh, cool... but not really true. The subsim download counter doesn't reset when I upload a new version. So the downloads of MkII plus the downloads of MkIIa, MkIIb and MkIIc is 900 total. The MkIId update at my FF account (which is the only place you can get MkIId) had been downloaded I think about 200 times last time I checked, so probably less than a hundred people are actually using the mod...

...but I like to think they're extremely happy with it.
Old 09-01-09, 01:54 PM   #476
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well.. I'm sure happy I learned manual targeting with it
Old 09-01-09, 02:23 PM   #477
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
Heh, cool... but not really true. The subsim download counter doesn't reset when I upload a new version. So the downloads of MkII plus the downloads of MkIIa, MkIIb and MkIIc is 900 total. The MkIId update at my FF account (which is the only place you can get MkIId) had been downloaded I think about 200 times last time I checked, so probably less than a hundred people are actually using the mod...

...but I like to think they're extremely happy with it.
Yeah, i thought that the figure can't be really true but i didn't know that subsim doesn't reset the counter. And yeah, we wouldn't ever bother to download the newest versions of this mod if we weren't really happy with it. Bottom line, the 900+ downloads may be telling the truth after all...

Mods for SH3
Old 09-02-09, 04:12 AM   #478
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

TMT goes after OLC gold, yes?
Old 09-02-09, 04:16 AM   #479
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosje View Post
TMT goes after OLC gold, yes?
Should be no difference here.
Old 09-02-09, 10:45 AM   #480
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

thanks Contact, helpful on one thread, trolling on the next, lol

ok this is my first go with the OLC GUI so please bear with me people...

no bearing ring around the boat at the navmap where you can draw a plot, is that correct? there is one on the attackplot if you click the '?' but you can't plot there.
is that how it's supposed to be or have I missed something?

I have option 2 (with LRT) and fatigue turned off atm. no effeciency bars are shown in the crew management and my torpedo load time is 12 minutes with a full forward torp compartment with all the qualified guys. is that about right? or will it be better once we get some medals and stuff?

lastly for now, I can't get my head around this one: small merchant (edit) in the scope. count the vertical bars, drag that value to 90, look at 19,5 (mast height) on the outer ring, tool says range 1500 which checks out nicely. Now, click and hold at 19,5 and drag to 78,5 (length) and count horizontal bars which in this case was 22. look at 22 on the inner ring.... and the 22 mark is just left of the 90 mark on the AOB finder...

try again and again and again and again and each time it gives me a reading outside the tool (-> to the left of the 90 mark)
I hope i was clear in my description of the problem and I wonder how stupid I must sound right now... but please explain that one to me
(ps I fiddled with the attackdisk to get his true heading for plotting purposes. should I not have done that? should I reset the attackdisk before touching the AOB finder? how do I do that?)
when I get a new target in the scope it works fine again -> reading between 90 and 30 AOB but the first one is still screwed i think
*sits down scratching head*

thanks

Bosje

pps i don't think I mentioned that this is one fine piece of modding! hats off to OLC

Last edited by Bosje; 09-02-09 at 10:55 AM.
Bosje is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gold, gui, olc, olce2, ubermod