Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
HERE WE GO AGAIN

come on man blame the Jews

You know they want to.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 07:57 PM   #4682
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Then why is he telling people what their God is feeling?
He'll have to answer that himself, but it's a fair question.

Quote:
And why do you choose to attack me instead of him?
Also a fair question. First, I don't "choose" to attack anyone, any more than we "choose" who we like.

Quote:
Is it ok to criticize believers but not unbelievers?
I didn't really see it as an attack so much as a counter-attack. And no, it's not OK to attack anyone, ever. Disagreeing with someone might be taken for an attack, but scrapping over an idea is not the same thing. Putting the shoe on the other foot, is it alright for a believer to criticize a non-believer but not another believer? Setting aside for a moment ideas about fairness and intellectual honesty, it would be a little silly to take the other side in a heated argument (though that might make some of us think more carefully).

So no, it wasn't an attack, any more than anything you've said has been an attack.
Old 08-16-20, 08:09 PM   #4683
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
I had a flu shot last year in October and in March I got the flu for 6 weeks, at least I think it was the flu.

This is the posting that started it all, but all I wanted to do is point out that if you can't cure everyone with the flu even though there is a vaccine ...

How can you cure everyone with Covid-19 (or even stop it) after there is a vaccine?

You can't ... This thing, this fear thing, will be with us even after there is a vaccine.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 08:43 PM   #4684
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Then why is he telling people what their God is feeling? And why do you choose to attack me instead of him? Is it ok to criticize believers but not unbelievers?
What attack? Thin skinned these days?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 09:13 PM   #4685
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
This is the posting that started it all, but all I wanted to do is point out that if you can't cure everyone with the flu even though there is a vaccine ...

How can you cure everyone with Covid-19 (or even stop it) after there is a vaccine?

You can't ... This thing, this fear thing, will be with us even after there is a vaccine.
And I'll take that poster as demonstrating the effectiveness of the measures that have been taken, not a condemnation of taking them.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 11:26 PM   #4686
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
He'll have to answer that himself, but it's a fair question.

Quote:
Also a fair question. First, I don't "choose" to attack anyone, any more than we "choose" who we like.

Quote:
I didn't really see it as an attack so much as a counter-attack. And no, it's not OK to attack anyone, ever. Disagreeing with someone might be taken for an attack, but scrapping over an idea is not the same thing. Putting the shoe on the other foot, is it alright for a believer to criticize a non-believer but not another believer? Setting aside for a moment ideas about fairness and intellectual honesty, it would be a little silly to take the other side in a heated argument (though that might make some of us think more carefully).
Quote:
So no, it wasn't an attack, any more than anything you've said has been an attack.

Sure thing Steve...

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 12:10 AM   #4687
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

I'm offended that no one even snickered at the joke I stole from Greg Gutfeld.
Old 08-17-20, 01:35 AM   #4688
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

This thread has gone viral.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 01:46 AM   #4689
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:

Well, you failed and the poster does not aim to explain the limitations of vaccination. It was put together to trivialize COVID-19. We both know that.
We both noticed the hashtag in the bottom right corner.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 04:43 AM   #4690
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
What do you know about God?

Well, he does know his version of God doesn't tolerate lying...

...what about yours? How does He feel about lying?...

Regarding death rates, comparison to the flu or any other disease is fallacious on its face; its an apple and oranges situation, sort of like comparing stomach cancer to stomach ulcer; both affect the same area of the body, but are widely and wildly different in what they do to a human body...

Covid-19 is not "just like the flu", nor is it "gong to magically disappear", and nor, in particular, is "just the sniffles"...

Consider this: if, say, a food contamination killed almost 10,000 in the US in the space of just week, we'd see a call of alarm and a demand for action from a responsible government; if it killed over 17,000 in a week, imagine what the uproar would be; yet Covid-19 did just that in the weeks of 4/4 & 4/18/2020, respectively; in fact, since March 28, 2020, there has yet to be a week without at least 1,000 US deaths:

Daily Updates of Totals by Week and State (CDC) --

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Add to the above all the cases worldwide and it is a bleak situation...

Or, how about this: if a situation, say a disaster like a flood killed 1,000 US citizens in a week, would we find find it acceptable if the response was "Well, it was just a light shower..." and a cold shoulder...?...

Instead of trying to twist the facts (also known as lying, BTW) by those in political power and them wondering why a suffering populace doesn't like them, maybe they should just twist less and do the damned jobs they were elected to do...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 08-20-20 at 06:05 AM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 05:02 AM   #4691
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

When "God" is brought up about a scientific issue, than all is lost. Becasue then it is never about scientific reason, but about "Why is it that God wants it so?" I strictly recommend to stop bringing religion into this. If you go it all the way, you necessarily end up trapped inside the mental void where the Taliban came from.

Psychology. Struggling to cope with reality. Defence mechanisms.

With so much information available about the severity of the coronavirus and the need to follow guidelines, some people still refuse to accept reality. The denial manifests itself in many ways, whether that be refusing to wear a mask or attending large gatherings.

Using denial as a coping mechanism is not always a bad choice. Short-term, it gives someone the time to adjust to a situation. When it becomes a long-term crutch and puts others in harm's way, it can be dangerous.

There's also a psychology term called rationalism, which people often confuse with denial. It's a defense mechanism where people try to justify unacceptable behavior.

Both denial and rationalization are considered to be maladaptive, meaning they don't help the individual adapt to the source of the threat. It can actually expose them to an even greater chance of whatever that threatening thing is.

Full interview with a psychologist:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/16/h...ess/index.html
Old 08-17-20, 05:26 AM   #4692
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Some 315 people connected to South Korea's Sarang Jeil Church test positive in the county's biggest outbreak for months.

New Zealand's general election is postponed by a month because of a fresh Covid-19 outbreak.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is under pressure to end row over A-Levels in England amid growing anger.

Japan's economy - the world's third biggest - suffers the biggest contraction in modern history.

The scaled-down Democratic party convention begins later in the US, largely held online.

Globally more than 775,000 people have died and 21.6m cases have been reported, according to Johns Hopkins University.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 05:46 AM   #4693
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Peru registered its highest number of daily cases on Sunday with 10,143 confirmed infections. In total, there have been more than 525,000 cases. Health Minister Pilar Mazzetti said that without the strict lockdown the government imposed early on in the pandemic, more than half a million people would have died rather than the 26,000 who have lost their lives until now.

Bolivia, Peru's southern neighbour, passed the 100,000 total cases mark on Sunday - but experts warn that the pandemic there is not expected to reach its peak until September. Among the more than 4,000 people who have died of Covid-related diseases in Bolivia is Esther Morales, the sister of former President Evo Morales, who died in hospital on Sunday.

The government of Chile has launched a $34bn (£25.9bn) recovery plan, which aims to create 250,000 jobs to counteract some of the losses incurred during the pandemic. The number of jobs lost during the pandemic in the country is estimated at 1.8 million.

South Africa is beginning to ease coronavirus restrictions today, allowing sales of alcohol and cigarettes to resume.

Lebanon’s caretaker health minister has called for a two-week lockdown after a resurgence of Covid-19 in the wake of the devastating explosion in Beirut on 4 August.

Authorities in Jordan sealed off the northern town of Ramtha, which is close to the border with Syria, following a spike in new Covid-19 cases.

Iraq barred foreign tourists from entering the country to help limit the spread of coronavirus ahead of the Shia Muslim religious rituals of Ashura, which start at the end of August. Millions of people traditionally gather at shrines and mosques in the city of Karbala and elsewhere.

On Sunday Malaysia’s health ministry said it had detected the now globally dominant D614G mutation of the coronavirus, warning in a post on Facebook that it was “10 times more infectious”. But an infectious diseases expert says there is “no basis” to that figure.

Old 08-17-20, 07:34 AM   #4694
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-17-20, 07:35 AM   #4695
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Damage to liver more serious than previously thought, new cohort study from Yale reports.

https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wile...1002/hep.31487

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan