Old 01-21-17, 12:03 PM   #451
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=Platapus;2459599]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
If it is coming from News media it is manipulated. Much like the rest of the news that is presented to the public by News media.

Fixed that for ya.

All news-as-profit media stynks these days.
Particularly internetz media and those claiming to have all the facts. They make their money by the number of clicks they get. They target particular audiences basically reporting exactly what they want hear so they keep right on clicking away.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 01-21-17, 01:32 PM   #452
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Basically:

Old 01-21-17, 02:03 PM   #453
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

[QUOTE=Rockstar;2459617]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

Particularly internetz media and those claiming to have all the facts. They make their money by the number of clicks they get. They target particular audiences basically reporting exactly what they want hear so they keep right on clicking away.
It's pretty much what daddy Soros wants you too hear in the main stream media.
Old 01-21-17, 02:22 PM   #454
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589 View Post
The last speech of the Inauguration should be an announcement that:

"Mr President, you have a maximum of 8 years to see how badly you can balls this country up. Your time starts.....now!"
And make no mistake about that, we have great examples from history beginning with Andrew Jackson:

Jackson somehow got the idea that national banks and mints were evil. Not thinking too much about why economies work and how, he closed the National Bank and shut down the mint, leaving private banks to print all money. Well, what could POSSIBLY go wrong with that plan?

A merchant in Florida had no way of knowing whether that dollar bill issued from the First Bank of Atlanta was any good or not. That's a propblem.. NO, that's a GREAT OPPORTUNITY. Suddenly more than half the money in circulation was conterfeit. And because that was most of the money that was, the populace supported counterfeiters. All money was just about worthless and even with the counterfeiters, there wasn't enough to buy anything. For 20 years middle class people actually starved to death in our largest cities. In addition, Jackson's parrot swore so colorfully he had to be ejected from Jackson's funeral. Trump's chances of living down to that standard are about zero.

Woodrow Wilson

This guy walked into a pretty well designed government. One if its better features was that the individual states had actual representation in the Legislature. There was no such thing as an "unfunded mandate" where the legislators, unable to figure out a way to fund what they wanted, just hands it over to the states, "you are required to do and pay for this!" That was because each state appointed two representatives from state legislatures to sit on the, you guessed it, United States Senate.

Totally removing all direct state influence on the Federal Government, Wilson remade the Senate into nothing more than a duplication of the functions of the House of Representatives, permanently destroying the carefully contrived balance of power and establishing the Imperial Federal Government, which rules unchecked over the affairs of states.

Trump could run on the premise of the "forgotten Americans" because Woodrow Wilson remade our Republican form of goverment in his own image, making us into two countries, each fighting for our lives: inside the beltway and outside the beltway. The haves and the flyovers.

Thank you Woodrow Wilson. Second worst president in history.

But number three is the only one who could reasonably be accused of treason and genocide: Andrew Johnson, president right after Lincoln was shot. Thanks to Lincoln's policies of reconciliation plus rigid enforecement of emancipation, meaning that former slaves had rights to equal respect, responsibility, consequence and reward as any southern plantation owner, governments from local to state to national had great representation from black mayors, black assemblymen, black representatives and senators on the state and national levels from the entire south.

However, Andrew Johnson was an unreconstructed Rebel. And his constitutional duty was to administrate and enforce the laws of the United States of America. He did no such thing. He declared a national holiday on civil rights, giving reactionary southern bigots the green light to murder, lynch, disenfranchise, and worse. Overnight, black representation in all levels of government fell to zero. Again, a black man had no rights a white man was bound to respect. What ten years ago was the defeat of a morally bankrupt southern plantation system turned into a Confederate rout. This wasn't victory, it was eradication. Southerners everywhere rejoiced. Principled Yankee senators (real senators in those days) and Representatives impeached Johnson for his heinous acts. The conviction failed by one vote, which John F Kennedy celebrated in his famous book Profiles in Courage. Kennedy cast it as "one courageous principled vote kept an innocent man from being railroaded." I'll choose to think that Kennedy was merely ignorant of the facts.

If you want to dub Johnson as worst president in history I won't stand in your way. He sucked worse than Trump even has any opportunity to screw the pooch.

I'd mention Obama and cite the 90 million people not part of the workforce, the greatest proportion in all history, plus the fact that unemployment statistics are so muddied that they will never again mean anything. While the economy burned, Obama fiddled with healthcare, a horribly expensive thing that the country had to get healthy again even to think about fooling with. I'd mention that the people who suffered most under his reign were the very ones who supported him the strongest, that Yes We Can became No We Didn't Even Try. He is the only president in history who did not have a single quarter of more than 3% annual growth rate in his entire eight years, that's thirty-two quarters! But nobody starved over 20 years. Half the population of certain states were not marked for murder by the other half. Obama didn't remake a carefully constructed governmental system to disenfranchise every state in the Union.

Whatever Obama did or didn't accomplish he's not in shouting distance of the famous Bottom Three Presidents. And Trump can't get there either. They were just too bad.
Old 01-21-17, 03:13 PM   #455
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

How does Trump want "all those umemployed" get to work again?
The USA has an unemployment rate of 4.7 percent right now. This is a very good rate, compared to everywhere in the world

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-21-17, 04:17 PM   #456
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Building walls?
Old 01-21-17, 04:23 PM   #457
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Yeah, I think people were right about the number of people attending Trumps inauguration, it seems that they've all arrived a day late.

Old 01-21-17, 04:27 PM   #458
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

They are woman! What the heck did you expect?

There would probably be twice that many but they couldn't follow the GPS on the phones due to texting or yapping.
Old 01-21-17, 05:25 PM   #459
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post

There would probably be twice that many but they couldn't follow the GPS on the phones due to texting or yapping.
bahahahahaha
Old 01-21-17, 06:05 PM   #460
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
How does Trump want "all those umemployed" get to work again?
The USA has an unemployment rate of 4.7 percent right now. This is a very good rate, compared to everywhere in the world
98 million out of the work force of 300 million you do the math
Old 01-21-17, 06:29 PM   #461
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post

at least none of those women are from subsim

can you imagine the amount of social media organization that took?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-21-17, 06:47 PM   #462
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
98 million out of the work force of 300 million you do the math
LOL Out of the 93.8 million Americans age 16 and up who are deemed "not in the labor force," 9.7 million of them are between 16 and 19 years of age. Another 5.7 million are between 20 and 24. And 37.8 million are age 65 and over. (In fact, 17.5 million are over 75 years old.)

Al Capone
Old 01-21-17, 07:09 PM   #463
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
LOL Out of the 93.8 million Americans age 16 and up who are deemed "not in the labor force," 9.7 million of them are between 16 and 19 years of age. Another 5.7 million are between 20 and 24. And 37.8 million are age 65 and over. (In fact, 17.5 million are over 75 years old.)
ain't denial a mutha ???
Old 01-21-17, 07:48 PM   #464
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Basically:

No I wouldn't say to trust no one instead I'd say dont be such a narrow minded bigoted extremist.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 01-21-17, 07:55 PM   #465
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
No I wouldn't say to trust no one instead I'd say dont be such a narrow minded bigoted extremist.
But if you can't trust the 'Lamestream media'™, and you can't trust "internetz media and those claiming to have all the facts", then who does that leave?
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter