SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-10, 02:04 PM   #4621
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
that would be correct. v4.6.0 is released and patch 2 was released for it also.

I'm unable to edit post #1 currently for some unknown reason. I've asked Neal to look into it but haven't heard a response back.
Thank you for the quick reply. It appears that the web gremlins have struck once again so I will motor out to mid Atlantic and see how much havoc I can create until the little beggers have been squashed.
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 02:24 PM   #4622
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v4.7.0 also adds the ability to edit/view/add to the journal file before starting any mission/career. When you click on the journal name below the 'Ship's Journal' entry the ShipsJournalEditor will appear with the file open for editing.

Here I selected the journal 'TDW_NEW_DATE_FORMAT.DAT' from the available journals. Then I clicked on it:
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 04:15 PM   #4623
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=4554

It tells you all the items that can scroll out of view.
I thought I would like it more leaving the essential bar and officers showing but started playing with these options to hide them and must say that this is a really nice feature you've given. I've finally adjusted them to 10 seconds before hiding so that they stay in view for a longer period when in the heat of things but stay out of view when walking around the sub, really enjoy this. The only thing I left showing all the time is the bar at the top right since they're not really much of distraction for me. Thanks for these options.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 08:59 PM   #4624
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v4.7.0 released. I still can't update post #1 of this thread

v4.7.0 is available here: http://www.filefront.com/17402654/Ne...DarkWraith.7z/

the changes in this version are something I should've done a long time ago.

I'll update the ship's journal import/save boxes with a patch after I get confirmation that everything is working good with this version. There were many files changed/altered and I don't like making too many changes in each version release.

Options file CHANGED from v4.6.x

changelog for v4.7.0:

v4.7.0 - added the ability to select ship's journal at game start from the menu screen. At game end the current ship's journal will be remembered and will be restored at next game start
- added the ability to call up the ShipsJournalEditor application from the menu screen
- updated Ship's journal page and code
- updated ShipsJournalEditor application
Old 10-18-10, 05:48 AM   #4625
Brumete
Sailor man

Downloads: 191
So far everything works well with this release, ship's journal? for serving this application exactly?
Brumete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 07:11 AM   #4626
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

You are a psychopathe TheDarkWraith
the perfection is coming

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 07:42 AM   #4627
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

What exactly is the "Ship's Journal" TDW?
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 07:53 AM   #4628
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
What exactly is the "Ship's Journal" TDW?
it's as it sounds - the journal of all events, messages, etc. that has happened in your patrols. By starting a journal from day 1 of your career you are able to go back in time and look at events that happened earlier in your patrols. You can add your own entries or edit existing entries to add notes to them. Think of it as a type of logbook of your patrols as captain of the boat.
I plan on expanding the role of the ship's journal later on (if possible). I'd like for it to be able to include pictures, drawings, etc.
Old 10-18-10, 09:04 AM   #4629
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

People who may have had a similar problem with this mod (in this thread looking for is not found). Downloaded the latest version NewUIs TDC 4.6.0 and patch it all installed according to instructions, but got out a few stocks:
1. Management interface speed and depth of the boat and the compass does not respond, it displays the current depth and speed of everything is stable for nolyam. Clicking on the icon does nothing.
2. Do not see how much speed up the time a button - there is, and between them void.
3. Start button is not active torpedo works only duplicate from the interface torpedoman.
If anyone knows what the problem, or trouble, please help, because the mod is really great, and after playing it in stock deficiencies, no desire is not there ...

In the original game, no mods, everything works fine, and if the rollback NEW TDC also everything in place to become. I do not understand what was happening, the other modes work fine, but the problem with this. Tried to put the English version, without a patch, anyway.
And cannot even noticed when loading saves often are not active officers will have to restart.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 09:26 AM   #4630
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

try v4.7.0 and see if you have problems. You might be experiencing problems due to incorrect patching applied

And I see a bug that needs to be fixed! If you don't let the new camera icons scroll and player guidance is enabled then the player guidance yellow icons need to move down some.....
Old 10-18-10, 11:00 AM   #4631
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

just finishing up the options migrater. With this application you'll no longer have to edit your options file by hand when a new version of the mod comes out and it changes the options file. Simply run the options migrater application and all your old settings will be migrated to the new options file:
Old 10-18-10, 11:33 AM   #4632
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Put version 4.7.0, replaced the files menu and dials, activates, activated from the top fonts patch, and nothing has changed, just appeared one additional item in the main menu. All the bugs were in place ...
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 11:35 AM   #4633
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
just finishing up the options migrater. With this application you'll no longer have to edit your options file by hand when a new version of the mod comes out and it changes the options file. Simply run the options migrater application and all your old settings will be migrated to the new options file:
Great stuff, this will be a big help! Where can it be downloaded?

Ahh - never mind, you're probably still polishing it up prior to its release. Apologies for my overeagerness.
Old 10-18-10, 11:40 AM   #4634
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl View Post
Great stuff, this will be a big help! Where can it be downloaded?
I'll be releasing patch 1 for version 4.7.0 which will include this application.
Old 10-18-10, 01:00 PM   #4635
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v4.7.0 patch 1 released. Available here as I still can't update post #1 of this thread : http://www.filefront.com/17405120/Ne...-0-Patch-1.7z/

v4.7.1 - added help and tooltips to the ShipsJournalEditor application (\data\Applications\ShipsJournalEditor.exe)
- added the options migrater application. This application allows the user to migrate their options to a new options file when a new version of the mod is released (\data\Applications\OptionsMigrater.exe)

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui