SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-14, 02:06 PM   #4591
Serge65
A-ganger

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Sorry! Because of my inattention to archive “Reworked aircrafts” included the following files:
a) In Library folder - Leigh_Light from “SkyBarons Leigh Light for SH5 1.1” mod. At first, for this purpose I used REF_small01 of stock Search_Lights, but it can rotate 360 degrees. So I used a decreased model from the SkyBarons Leigh Light and re-wrote the sim and zon files (the original mod was sometimes a cause CTD, maybe an ID conflict or something else), but still it other mod.
b) In Sea folder - NCV_USEarlyWar - it is not completed yet.
Serge65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 02:17 PM   #4592
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Does the OH2.3 beta patch 1 use SkyBarons Leigh Light for SH5 V1.1 or V1?
Thanks, you saved me a post to this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge65 View Post
Sorry! Because of my inattention to archive “Reworked aircrafts” included the following files:
a) In Library folder - Leigh_Light from “SkyBarons Leigh Light for SH5 1.1” mod. At first, for this purpose I used REF_small01 of stock Search_Lights, but it can rotate 360 degrees. So I used a decreased model from the SkyBarons Leigh Light and re-wrote the sim and zon files (the original mod was sometimes a cause CTD, maybe an ID conflict or something else), but still it other mod.
Thanks for the information.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 03:03 PM   #4593
Serge65
A-ganger

Link updated, but I do not understand why it is needed. AAguns_12_20_40mm now not uses neither one aircraft, rockets are present in OHII.
AAguns&Rockets:http://yadi.sk/d/NPeJrfxrFZQNA
Old 01-06-14, 03:04 PM   #4594
Serge65
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Yes Serge, I know that, but Gap've being asking for historical info, and I tried to put here some. In fact this issue is so complicated that it should take several weeks to estimate, which of the soviet AF-regiments and in what period of time have based at this or that airfield.

The best for gameplay/historical balance solution IMHO should be:
- to place 4-5 airfield (which were most actively used);
- to position on them 2 types of fighters (Hurricane, which game-model already exist and some else, but not Jak-1 or Mig-3), and 2 types of bombers (torpedo carriers).
I totally agree. But where to find the models? If I could, then did. I very rarely worked with Photoshop and 3dsMax.
Old 01-06-14, 03:46 PM   #4595
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I totally agree. But where to find the models? If I could, then did. I very rarely worked with Photoshop and 3dsMax.
Most of the aircraft operated by the Soviet Navy during WWII are already available, either as ready-to-use SHIII-IV units or as web-shared, royalty-free 3d models:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=4578

The main obstacle to their correct usage in campaign is posed by the fact that the one info sources on the AVMF I was able to find on the web, are in Russian:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=4574

Deciphering them with the sole support of google translate would take ages to me, and I couldn't exclude mistakes. I cannot go on without your help Russian friends
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 03:50 PM   #4596
DaceDave
Watch

Downloads: 105

Not only do I admire and appreciate all the amazing work that the contributing modders put into the multitude of mods and add-ons and fixes, but am in awe that, as unfinished as SH5 originally was, you have made it a wonderfully immersive and slightly addictive pastime.
Being the researcher I am, I’ve just spent the last seven hours rereading close to 5000 posts to find the posts responding to two questions I know I’ve seen answers to. I’ve only skipped a couple of pages on this and Sober's MOD List thread, but with my luck… that’s where the answers were.
Just having returned to SH5 after a year away… I decided to give OHII a try after reading so many great things here. I am also using Sober’s MOD list (latest update)
If anyone could just point me to a thread which answers:
1. (After following all instructions from Sober and Trevally on how to start a campaign), I get to the “What are my mission orders” map… but there are no Iron Cross Missions on the map. I thought I saw this issue discussed, but can’t find it or the fix.
2. Simple MOD question: (I feel like a noob again) do you always answer “Yes” to “overwrite files” when activating MODS in JSGME? Or never or sometimes? My old brain just can't remember.
Thanks again everyone… and sorry to bother you obviously busy, busy guys... you all make for some interesting reading… not to mention MODS and you’ve been quite informative and many times very entertaining over the years.
Old 01-06-14, 04:04 PM   #4597
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaceDave View Post
1. (After following all instructions from Sober and Trevally on how to start a campaign), I get to the “What are my mission orders” map… but there are no Iron Cross Missions on the map. I thought I saw this issue discussed, but can’t find it or the fix.
Have you tried closing the campaign and reloading it again?

Quote:
2. Simple MOD question: (I feel like a noob again) do you always answer “Yes” to “overwrite files” when activating MODS in JSGME? Or never or sometimes? My old brain just can't remember.
Always, if you are sure that the mod you are enabling is compatible with your other mods, and that you are enabling it in the appropriate order (answering 'no' would result in the mod not being enabled at all).

Never if you are not sure about the files which are getting overwritten, and you have no time for a in-depth testing session
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 04:26 PM   #4598
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Link updated, but I do not understand why it is needed. AAguns_12_20_40mm now not uses neither one aircraft, rockets are present in OHII.
AAguns&Rockets:http://yadi.sk/d/NPeJrfxrFZQNA
All I know is , without these files after
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.3
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.3 patch1 beta
I cannot enter Kiel without ctd . With these files
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.3
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.3 patch1 beta
AAguns_12_20_40mm
Rocket_3InchGB_&_5InchUS

Not a single ctd from start of Memel to british eastern waters . In fact I tried to break the game by high TC near ports but couldn't , rock solid . Why , I dunno .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 04:30 PM   #4599
DaceDave
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Have you tried closing the campaign and reloading it again?

Always, if you are sure that the mod you are enabling is compatible with your other mods, and that you are enabling it in the appropriate order (answering 'no' would result in the mod not being enabled at all).

Never if you are not sure about the files which are getting overwritten, and you have no time for a in-depth testing session
Thanks Gap for quick response.

Yes, from a clean SH5 install on a new 'pedal to the medal' machine, I've followed the routines from: start campaign (no MODS enabled), play first tutorial mission, exit game, enable MODS, load last saved, upgrade boat, change options, save, load, ask for mission... no missions on map... and new campaign with silentotto... same save, load sequence... and still no missions on map.

And I guess I'm not as foggy as 'Sober's best fog' cause I've been enabling MODS correctly.

I know it must be me... I just don't see where I'm going wrong.

I've just re-loaded the MODS in JSGME and about to start again... next try will be from scratch with another clean install.
Old 01-06-14, 04:42 PM   #4600
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129

Are you using IO_StrategicMap? I know with OHII 2.2 the mission is hard to read, because of StrategicMapNew.dds. I usually have to remove that file from OHII or move IO_StrategicMap after OHII in mod enabler.

The first mission in OHII is all the way to the right. If you are use to older OHII, like I am, its in a different spot. I went from OHII 1.7 to OHII 2.2 so it was a little different on the map.

Quote:

Yes, from a clean SH5 install on a new 'pedal to the medal' machine, I've followed the routines from: start campaign (no MODS enabled), play first tutorial mission, exit game, enable MODS, load last saved, upgrade boat, change options, save, load, ask for mission... no missions on map... and new campaign with silentotto... same save, load sequence... and still no missions on map.

And I guess I'm not as foggy as 'Sober's best fog' cause I've been enabling MODS correctly.

I've just re-loaded the MODS in JSGME and about to start again... next try will be from scratch with another clean install.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 04:46 PM   #4601
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:

start campaign (no MODS enabled), play first tutorial mission (did you get the green tick at the bunker when playing the tutorial ) , exit game, enable MODS, Start a new career , enter the bunker , Esc to main game menu , load the last save which will be the base save just created, choose a camo skin from the technical officer then exit the upgrade screen , click on the flotilla commander and click on SKIP to stop the briefing . Then click on an iron cross to choose a mission . exit the briefing map by clicking on the X and then click on the flotilla commander again and start the patrol .
Old 01-06-14, 05:17 PM   #4602
DaceDave
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
start campaign (no MODS enabled), play first tutorial mission (did you get the green tick at the bunker when playing the tutorial ) , exit game, enable MODS, Start a new career , enter the bunker , Esc to main game menu , load the last save which will be the base save just created, choose a camo skin from the technical officer then exit the upgrade screen , click on the flotilla commander and click on SKIP to stop the briefing . Then click on an iron cross to choose a mission . exit the briefing map by clicking on the X and then click on the flotilla commander again and start the patrol .
Sober, you poor guy... how many times have you posted this answer???
But I do appreciate a response from you... cause luv ur work!

But... exactly as you say, green check and all.
Only one thing I've always assumed... after 'enable MODS'... start a new "career"... Career = Campaign, right? Or is that where I go wrong and am I that dumb?
Old 01-06-14, 05:30 PM   #4603
DaceDave
Watch

Rave's post: "The first mission in OHII is all the way to the right. If you are use to older OHII, like I am, its in a different spot. I went from OHII 1.7 to OHII 2.2 so it was a little different on the map."

Could it really be that simple? I'm just lost! Quite possible!!! Quite!

I did, at one point, set out without accepting a mission and started in a Scandanavian sounding port... then immediately chickened out and exited the game to try again. Does that sound like where I was supposed to be?

I've only played with Magnum Opus and never OH, so I don't know where I'm supposed to be. Story of my life.
Old 01-06-14, 05:49 PM   #4604
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Rave's post: "The first mission in OHII is all the way to the right. If you are use to older OHII, like I am, its in a different spot. I went from OHII 1.7 to OHII 2.2 so it was a little different on the map."

Could it really be that simple? I'm just lost! Quite possible!!! Quite!

I did, at one point, set out without accepting a mission and started in a Scandanavian sounding port... then immediately chickened out and exited the game to try again. Does that sound like where I was supposed to be?

I've only played with Magnum Opus and never OH, so I don't know where I'm supposed to be. Story of my life.
Magnum Opus is way outdated Checkout the briefing map on this link . That is exactly what the briefing map should look like after you skip the briefing . But only if you use one of the current up to date mod lists .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77&postcount=2
Old 01-06-14, 05:57 PM   #4605
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129

I could never understand why the text on the mission map stuff for OHII is black, barely legible.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii