SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-09, 06:50 AM   #4561
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Did you check the MD5's of the download?
Old 07-13-09, 02:23 PM   #4562
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Hello, thank you for the answer Irish1958 ,I dont downloaded GWX3 , I have GWX3 in a DVD Disk, I cannot understand , can you tell me please what is " MD5's of the download? "
Old 07-13-09, 04:18 PM   #4563
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958 View Post
Did you check the MD5's of the download?
I sent the gentleman the disc Irish.....checked it on a fresh install at my end prior to despatch.

@tonschk.....reg clean as per PM matey and or delete the file manually.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-09, 04:45 PM   #4564
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

The MD5 is the "checksum" generated by the file's uploader to a web site or hosting facility (such as Filefront). When the file is downloaded, the recipient uses a program to check the file by comparing the MD5 of the file he downloaded to that of the uploader. If they match, the file is probably correct and not damaged.

The error you are getting suggests to me that the DVD file that supplies the picture for the setup is in error.
Since the DVD was sent to you by Jim, I am sure the files are correct, so I am at a loss to explain your problem unless the disc was damaged in transit somehow.

I would start all over; uninstall all SHIII via the disc, clean the registry, manually delete all left over files, including the SH3 folder in "Documents" and then try to reinstall. If you still get the error, the GWX disc could have been damaged.
Keep working on it an we will get you up and running.
Old 07-14-09, 02:47 AM   #4565
Crécy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 316

First of all, GWX is an brilliant mod! Although it takes like fifteen minutes to download a mission, though that may be may old computers fault.

So, I played my career and I was returning from my patrol, I sent a status report to headquarters and when I look at it, it showed that I have 11 torpedos left even I really had maybe 5 or 6. Then I ran out all from my torps and eventually sent a patrol report and when I look at it, it showed I had 7 torps left even I did not have any. I just wondered that is there anyway to fix this bug?
Crécy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 04:41 AM   #4566
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Hi Crécy, welcome to Subsim.

In the years that we've been working on The Grey Wolves, I have to say this is the first time I've ever heard that.

Now before you go callin' it a Grey Wolves 'bug' ... run another patrol... make your report to headquarters again on the way home... and see if it happens again.

Also we need to know if you are running any other mods on top of GWX...

and...

Are you using an old career from a previous installation?

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 05:08 AM   #4567
Crécy
Grey Wolf

Thank you! I'm using SH3 commander 3.2 and I'm not using an old career.

I'll report you if it occurs again when I'm next time returning from a patrol. I'm sure that it is not a bug, GWX don't have any bugs, right? It's perfect .
Old 07-14-09, 07:29 AM   #4568
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958 View Post

The error you are getting suggests to me that the DVD file that supplies the picture for the setup is in error.
Since the DVD was sent to you by Jim, I am sure the files are correct, so I am at a loss to explain your problem unless the disc was damaged in transit somehow.

I would start all over; uninstall all SHIII via the disc, clean the registry, manually delete all left over files, including the SH3 folder in "Documents" and then try to reinstall. If you still get the error, the GWX disc could have been damaged.
Keep working on it an we will get you up and running.
Thank you for the help

Was a " non usual " situation with a old SH3 disk I have, I inserted this old SH3 disk into the DVD player and was not showed the normal starting screen to be able to choose start game , uninstall game etc etc ( even if I was allways able to play the SH3 game with this old SH3 disk ), therefore I took a brand new SH3 disk , and with this brand new SH3 disk I was able to remove the old SH3 game and later installed again the SH3 game , may be there is some differences between the old SH3 game disk and the brand new SH3 disk even if are basically the same
Old 07-14-09, 07:54 AM   #4569
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crécy View Post
Thank you! I'm using SH3 commander 3.2 and I'm not using an old career.

I'll report you if it occurs again when I'm next time returning from a patrol. I'm sure that it is not a bug, GWX don't have any bugs, right? It's perfect .
GWX was tested over many months by many people before release. Almost every GWX "bug" has been found to be due to either SHIII inherent limitations, imperfect installation or to addon mods, not tested with GWX.
I am currently unaware of any GWX bugs.
The team is here to help you and will go to great lengths to do so. Kpt L's advice is correct. If you have uncovered a bug in the GWX expansion mod, we will investigate and fix it, if possible.
Documenting a problem includes reproducing it and then submitting supporting data so it can be studied.
Old 07-14-09, 11:33 AM   #4570
Crécy
Grey Wolf

When I installed GWX I got another small program with it, called something which starts with J. I opened it and there were plenty of mini mods. So, I was wondering what are they? Is there any small list where they are introduced? What should I apply, considering that I have very old PC?
Old 07-14-09, 11:54 AM   #4571
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
When I installed GWX I got another small program with it, called something which starts with J. I opened it and there were plenty of mini mods. So, I was wondering what are they? Is there any small list where they are introduced? What should I apply, considering that I have very old PC?

RTFM and welcome aboard
Old 07-14-09, 11:57 AM   #4572
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
RTFM
Quite concise... Yet thorough answer !

Welcome aboard, Crécy !
Old 07-14-09, 12:59 PM   #4573
Crécy
Grey Wolf

Of course... I feel very stupid now. Sorry for bothering you . And also thanks! I wouldn't have never realise to read the manual.
Old 07-14-09, 01:08 PM   #4574
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Of course... I feel very stupid now. Sorry for bothering you . And also thanks! I wouldn't have never realise to read the manual.
One thing that many don't know about the manual, is that it also includes a search function... and from the table of contents, you can simply click on the page number for a given topic and it will take you there.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 04:49 PM   #4575
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Welcome aboard Crécy

Pay no attention to these vagabonds and ruffians. You are probably referring to a programme called JSGME....this is a mod enabler and the GWX3.0 super mod comes suitably attired with some to get you started.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote