SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-10, 07:39 PM   #4546
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Experiencing some big problems with the subsim website lately. Can't update post #1 of this thread because when I try I keep getting a forbidden error. This happened on my home system and now my home system can't access subsim anymore. It appears the website is blocking my home's IP address. I'm relagated to my laptop now
May remove some of the information (not required) from the first post.
Perhaps because of this error.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 09:19 AM   #4547
trebby
Medic

Downloads: 210

Ok guys,

simple question: what is the JSGME install order?

patch 3

thanks trebb.

Last edited by trebby; 10-11-10 at 09:23 AM. Reason: ver confusion
trebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 09:39 AM   #4548
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya,

Yep that order, general rule is main mod first then apply patch/es on top

(unless specified, which it hasn't)

I always assume that TDW does a roll-up patch-wise, meaning say there's three patches, he makes the latest the full patch if that makes sense

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 11:44 AM   #4549
trebby
Medic

Downloads: 210

Yo Def,

Installed it and up to date again,

Thanks, Trebb
Old 10-11-10, 09:03 PM   #4550
Brumete
Sailor man

Downloads: 191
Default Open close Tube torpedo

When you fire a torpedo and it recharges the switch to open the tube is disabled all the time, but you can also shoot the torpedo. This is a bug?
Brumete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 01:04 PM   #4551
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

just finishing up v4.6.0. This version introduces a scrolling camera bar to the HUD. Available cameras to choose from are:
- interior fore camera. This is the default camera used in game. Non-zoomable
- free camera. This camera allows the the user to rotate the camera up/down, rotate left/right, move up/down, basically total freedom of movement. You have to use the numpad to control the move up/down (7,1), rotate up/down (9,3). This camera is zoomable via mousewheel - 1,2,4, and 8X. To get back to the default camera click on the 'interior fore camera'
- external camera. Same thing as clicking the location indicator in top right bar. Camera is zoomable - 1,2,4,8,16, and 32X. To get back to the default camera either click on external camera again, click the location indicator in top right bar, or click on 'interior fore camera'
- camera on next unit. Places the camera in an orbital type setup around the next unit found. This camera is zoomable - 1,2,4,8,16, and 32X via mousewheel. To get back to the default camera click on the 'interior fore camera'
- camera on previous unit. Places the camera in an orbital type setup around the previous unit found. This camera is zoomable - 1,2,4,8,16, and 32X via mousewheel. To get back to the default camera click on the 'interior fore camera'

The camera bar, by default, is located in the center of the HUD and scrolls up out of view when not in use. When you mouse into the portion sticking out from the top of the screen it will scroll down for use. You can drag the camera bar anywhere you want to in the top of the screen. It's position will be remembered at game end and restored at game start.

The camera bar is visible in the bunker screen and normal mission screen. By accessing the external camera in the bunker screen you can explore more of the bunker:

By accessing the free camera you can view items that were very hard to see before inside the sub (SteelViking asked if I could implement such a camera - great idea he had!). Here I moved the camera up some, rotated the camera up some, and zoomed in to max zoom (8X) to view the dials located in the top of the engine room:

The previous unit and next unit 'ears' that were located to the sides of the location indicator in top right bar have been removed as they are replaced by the camera bar.

I'll be packaging up v4.6.0 here very soon

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 10-12-10 at 01:59 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 02:09 PM   #4552
SashaKA001
中国水兵

waiting
Old 10-12-10, 03:59 PM   #4553
sentenc3
Helmsman

Downloads: 472

This mods is becoming a super mods ... bigger every day with more options ....

I hope that when TDW finish its work, start with animation mods

Thank you very much for your work and I encourage you to continue with it.
sentenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 06:37 PM   #4554
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v4.6.0 released. As I'm still unable to edit post #1 of this thread you'll have to download it from here currently: http://www.filefront.com/17382059/Ne...DarkWraith.7z/

v4.6.0 change log:

v4.6.0 - added camera bar to HUD. The camera bar allows the user to select from the following cameras (from left to right in bar): interior fore camera (default camera), free camera (can move through walls, rotate camera up/down, etc.), external camera, camera on next unit, camera on previous unit. Camera bar slides up and out of way when not in use. Simply mouse into it to get it to drop down.
- removed the previous unit and next unit 'ears' from the top right bar's location indicator (replaced with camera bar)
- fixed bug of external camera graphic glitches due to improper setting of clip distance. Clip distance is now 0.1m
- added zoom levels to free camera. Zoom levels are 1,2,4, and 8X. Clip distance is 0.1m
- added zoom levels to object view (view next unit and view previous unit). Zoom levels are 1,2,4,8,16, and 32X. Clip distance is 0.1m
- fixed bug of when a new item is added to the draggable items for a page via code the item is not saved as a draggable item to the page's draggable file
- added a new user option that specifies whether the camera bar scrolls out of view or not. Default value is True (CameraBarScrolls)
- added a new user option that specifies whether the warning icons scroll out of view or not. Default is False. NOTE: CURRENTLY DOES NOT WORK! (WarningsScroll)
- added a new order category command to Chief Engineer (CE): Toggle activate damage control team. It is located to the right of the clock.
Old 10-12-10, 07:51 PM   #4555
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Thanks!
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 09:25 PM   #4556
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Everything's great, all the camera work.
And yet the question, of whether to return that equipment may not be in hiding? I know how to do it, just say yes or no, would not it make crash the game.
THANK YOU.

Last edited by SashaKA001; 10-12-10 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-12-10, 09:41 PM   #4557
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
How do you get the cameras to work , especially the external for the bunker ?
when in the bunker click on the external cam in the camera bar. Are none of the cameras working for you?
Old 10-12-10, 09:51 PM   #4558
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
How do you get the cameras to work , especially the external for the bunker ?
if you can not rotate the camera it can be done on on NumLock, 7 upper, 4 right, 6 left, 1 down, 8 to raise the camera to the top, 3 drop the camera down, W forward, S ago.
NumLock must be turned on or not should not of been I have it permanently switched on.
So it all works.

I sleep, but then I had the morning comes.
Old 10-12-10, 10:04 PM   #4559
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaKA001 View Post
if you can not rotate the camera it can be done on on NumLock, 7 upper, 4 right, 6 left, 1 down, 8 to raise the camera to the top, 3 drop the camera down, W forward, S ago.
NumLock must be turned on or not should not of been I have it permanently switched on.
So it all works.

I sleep, but then I had the morning comes.
9 rotates camera up, 3 rotates camera down
4 rotates camera left, 6 rotates camera right
7 moves camera up, 1 moves camera down
Old 10-12-10, 10:08 PM   #4560
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
9 rotates camera up, 3 rotates camera down
4 rotates camera left, 6 rotates camera right
7 moves camera up, 1 moves camera down
yes I'm sorry everything is so played a little bit,

And yet the question, of whether to return that equipment may not be in hiding? I know how to do it, just say yes or no, would not it make crash the game.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui