Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-15, 05:30 AM   #4531
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Indeed, he looks set to win, despite the best attempts of our media, which perhaps goes to show how out of touch with the people they are?

Private Eye had a good summary:

Old 09-05-15, 05:46 AM   #4532
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I'm not saying Jeremy Corbyn is the perfect leader but with luck this will wake Labour up big time and stop them acting like a bunch power crazy sons of bitches Blairites and close that chapper in labour's history. Lets hope this kick up the arse is the wake up call, you got nine years to get your house in order so do it or stay in the woods with the libs.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-05-15, 06:19 AM   #4533
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

An interesting perspective on Jeremy Corbyn from George Monbiot.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...possible-dream

Quote:
Because Labour’s immediate prospects are so remote, regardless of who wins this contest, the successful candidate is likely to be a caretaker, a curator of the future. His or her task must be to breathe life back into politics, to recharge democracy with choice, to ignite the hope that will make Labour electable again. Only one candidate proposes to do that.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 09-05-15, 08:53 AM   #4534
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I'm not saying Jeremy Corbyn is the perfect leader but with luck this will wake Labour up big time and stop them acting like a bunch power crazy sons of bitches Blairites and close that chapper in labour's history. Lets hope this kick up the arse is the wake up call, you got nine years to get your house in order so do it or stay in the woods with the libs.
So tell me, when was the last time a Left-Wing Labour Party won an election?

Was Blair Left-Wing?

Who has been the most successful Labour Party leader this century (in terms of elections won)?

Corbyn is almost a carbon copy of Michael Foot and we all know what the electorate thought of him when asked at the ballot box.

Corbyn is Camerons greatest asset just as Foot was to Thatcher.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-05-15, 09:15 AM   #4535
STEED
Lucky Jack

Blair was a closet Tory and the people fell for his BS. Yes even I did thinking at last a change from the Tory scum a man of conviction but half way though his second term I noticed he did bugger all for me. Labour took my seat here and did bugger all for the constituently.

Slight change..

All three mainstream party's have lost the right to govern in my book. I say govern with a pintch of salt as all three are power crazy bastards who want to lord it up over the voters and why? They know they can get away with it! WHAT...they are suppose to work for us the voter, time people woke up and said hey you work for us and if you choose not to then to hell with you your not getting my vote.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 09-05-15 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-05-15, 09:37 AM   #4536
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Then all I can suggest is you don't hold your breath whilst waiting for Labour government with Corbyn at the helm.

I should imagine the September membership payment will be the last one I'll be making.

I'll certainly be reading an English-based newspaper in Lanzarote on the 12th to find out.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-05-15, 09:47 AM   #4537
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Then all I can suggest is you don't hold your breath whilst waiting for Labour government with Corbyn at the helm.
Too be honest with you jim Labour is not going to win the next election who ever is in charge. Labour like the Tories and Libs should stop treating us like the brown stuff.

Last edited by STEED; 09-05-15 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-05-15, 09:54 AM   #4538
STEED
Lucky Jack

I'm going to stick my £1 coin on the table here and now and gladly stand corrected in the future if I'm proved wrong. Old JC looks like hes going to win the leadership you watch the Blairites plot to over throw him and Labour's internal war will get worst.

Stop being power crazy bastards like the other two party's and listen to the people North and South find the correct balance. Then find a fresh new face to take the helm from old JC in the run up to 2025 elections.

Old 09-05-15, 04:15 PM   #4539
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I think you're probably right STEED. Bit of a shame really since Corbyn is probably the better of pretty much all the leaders around at the moment. Better than the rest of the Labour crowd, better than Toff Boy, better than Farage and better than whatever faceless automaton is now in charge of the Lib-Dems, if any.
Old 09-06-15, 02:11 AM   #4540
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Quote:
Too be honest with you jim Labour is not going to win the next election who ever is in charge. Labour like the Tories and Libs should stop treating us like the brown stuff.
Quote:
I'm going to stick my £1 coin on the table here and now and gladly stand corrected in the future if I'm proved wrong. Old JC looks like hes going to win the leadership you watch the Blairites plot to over throw him and Labour's internal war will get worst.

Stop being power crazy bastards like the other two party's and listen to the people North and South find the correct balance. Then find a fresh new face to take the helm from old JC in the run up to 2025 elections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I think you're probably right STEED. Bit of a shame really since Corbyn is probably the better of pretty much all the leaders around at the moment. Better than the rest of the Labour crowd, better than Toff Boy, better than Farage and better than whatever faceless automaton is now in charge of the Lib-Dems, if any.
Only time will tell, we will know who the Labour leader is in just over 6 days and as for the 2020 general election,hopefully toffboy and his goons will make some proper balls up that will piss the voters off.
Old 09-07-15, 10:32 AM   #4541
STEED
Lucky Jack

And the winner of the Labour party leadership is....

Saturday morning we should know.

Old 09-07-15, 11:09 AM   #4542
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Well, if Corbyn wins, he'd be better off concentrating on Labour's fortunes in England and Wales. Judging from what's been going on at council by-elections up here, it looks like Labour is being systematically purged from Scotland. Considering that most SLAB Councillors are greedy, corrupt and generally stupid, they're no great loss.

Just a pity that the SNP don't have a decent opposition. The ScotGreens are to the left, the ScotLibDems are little more than a rump, SLAB's hopefully on it's way out and the ScotCons are reverting to pure Unionist rhetoric. Unfortunately for the latter, Unionism in Scotland had/has the same basis as that in Northern Ireland - Protestant, sectarian and generally anti-Catholic. The continuing unedifying spectacle in NI is quite rightly putting people off going down that particular road! Only the most bone-headed, bigoted, Ranger's or Heart's fan would welcome the full on Ulsterisation of Scotland!

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 09-07-15, 02:26 PM   #4543
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Second call from the individual I deem to be the worst candidate. They can't be getting worried, surely?

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-08-15, 08:32 AM   #4544
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon8

Quote:
One strike in Syria - what next?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34181122

I fail to see how this was as the Tory scum have called it "self defense" as if. Once again another PM itching for a war gives the go ahead to kill a couple of prats plotted to attack the Queen! Where is your evidence Toff Boy? Once again another Bastard PM thinks he can dismiss Parliament's vote not to bomb Syria and sod the public. Of course this country's gutter press backed this Bastard to the hilt like a bunch of backside kissers they are.

Listen up Toff Boy what gives you the right to run rush shot over the voter?

Old 09-08-15, 09:32 AM   #4545
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ You do not need to know.

There are people who know, in the secret services of your country, and they will inform politicians as they see fit.

You know you can only live like you do, because tough men stand watch, and do the inevitable.
Or so the alpha monkey chiefs sell it, to the public.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics