SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-10, 09:30 PM   #4531
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

OK that's a relief. I don't care much for the mouse overs so I disabled them.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 10:44 AM   #4532
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

I had a bug, not sure if it was reported/fixed.

when in the navmap, using mouseover to show the area that includes the map tools, (protractor pencil and such) sometimes you would mouse away and back in and the tool icons would be missing, even though the full grey border that holds them was visible and maximized. To regain map tools in the nav map, you'd have to open the TAI, which automaticly opens the tools. then you could switch back to navmap and use tools.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 10:56 AM   #4533
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post

when in the navmap, using mouseover to show the area that includes the map tools, (protractor pencil and such) sometimes you would mouse away and back in and the tool icons would be missing, even though the full grey border that holds them was visible and maximized. To regain map tools in the nav map, you'd have to open the TAI, which automaticly opens the tools. then you could switch back to navmap and use tools.
Also, it was like.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 02:19 PM   #4534
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post

can you give me more details on when this happens? Specific sequence of events that causes it? Did you have essential controls scroll enabled or not?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 03:15 PM   #4535
Tadez
Nub

Downloads: 25

Great job, TDW, you're fantastic. i just bought the stock game but wanted to throw it right away until i stumbled across your UI - thanks a lot.

Regarding the stadimeter and AOB, i dont get it. I even read the 300+ posts to find a guide but didn't find anything

Quote:
NOTE: If the user option AOBSpeedTDCFixEnabled is enabled (set to True) then this is how the fix works:
There are two dials for the AOB and Speed in the TDC. One is the TGT value, one is the Sol value. If you have manual input enabled then when the mouse mouses into the AOB or Speed dial it switches to the TGT dial. You set the desired value and when you mouse out the Sol dial will update itself based on what you set the TGT value to. In order to make the value persist you have to click the red button for that dial. When you do this it sets the data in the TDC. Now when you use the stadimeter those values will not be reset. There is one caveat to this though: if you use the stadimeter the AOB TGT dial will be reset. This means that if you mouse into the AOB dial you will have to reset the value to the correct value or the AOB Sol dial will be set to some extremely bogus number. If you do not have manual input enabled then you will constantly see the Sol dials of the AOB and Speed.
I made the red buttons active. This means that if you mouse into the red buttons the AOB and Speed dials switch to the TGT dials so you can see what the values are before committing them. Once you mouse out the dials switch back to their Sol dials.
I use TDW UI 4.5.1 with SH5 Enhanced UI and AOBSpeedTDCFixEnabled is enabled. I have hard times to exactly understand how to avoid stadimeter readings messing up the AOB. I later discovered that you made a video here, which seems to explain this issue

Quote:
Videos:

- submerged torp attack using v3.1.1. Shows how to use the SH3 style speed estimator and how to use the new red buttons attached to the speed and AOB TDC dials for 'setting' the speed and AOB into the TDC so they persist across stadimeter calls
http://www.filefront.com/16878549/To...-TDW-3-1-1.7z/
unfortunately the link seems to be dead

Should i avoid to use the xO dialog box for entering the AOB / using the stadimeter? In what order do i need to press the red buttons so that the AOB value does persist ?
sorry for my noob questions
Tadez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 05:10 PM   #4536
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadez View Post
I later discovered that you made a video here, which seems to explain this issue

unfortunately the link seems to be dead
link fixed in post #2. You can also get the video here: http://www.filefront.com/17358841/To...DC-v3-1-1.avi/
Old 10-06-10, 11:42 PM   #4537
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Link to v4.5.2 patch 2 is dead .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 12:10 PM   #4538
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Link to v4.5.2 patch 2 is dead .
that's correct because patch 3 is out:

v4.5.2 patch 3: http://www.filefront.com/17359453/Ne...-2-Patch-3.7z/

patch 3 fixes the following bugs:

- fixed bugs in UI Styles SH3 and SH4 when EssentialControlsScroll is Enabled (True)
- fixed bug in OfficersToRender user option where it would sometimes display officers that weren't supposed to be displayed. Also fixed some centering bugs of the officer's order bars and order categories when OfficersToRender is a value other than 0x3F (all officers)
- if EssentialControlsScroll is enabled (True) and UIStyle is SH5Enhanced and the SH5 Enhanced Heading/Rudder dial is visible then it will also scroll out of view when not in use. When you mouse into it's area it will become visible again and when you mouse out it will scroll out of view in EssentialControlsHideTD seconds
- if EssentialControlsScroll is enabled (True): fixed bug of map tools sometimes not being visible when the nav map station is set

Experiencing some big problems with the subsim website lately. Can't update post #1 of this thread because when I try I keep getting a forbidden error. This happened on my home system and now my home system can't access subsim anymore. It appears the website is blocking my home's IP address. I'm relagated to my laptop now
Old 10-07-10, 05:26 PM   #4539
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

After your patch Nr. 3 when I give the command "surface", I´m in deep 8 m and I can not open the hatch.

And whenever I click on a depth gauge, triggered "alarm"-submersion...
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 05:55 PM   #4540
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
After your patch Nr. 3 when I give the command "surface", I´m in deep 8 m and I can not open the hatch.

And whenever I click on a depth gauge, triggered "alarm"-submersion...
if that's so then v4.5.2 by itself should do the same...which it doesn't so it's a mod conflict somewhere. Trying disabling all mods except for the core UI mod and see if you get the same results.
Old 10-07-10, 06:18 PM   #4541
Brauner
Watch

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
shift + Z
for some reason that doesn't work for me.
What I want is to see everything without mouse over...
Brauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 06:55 PM   #4542
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauner View Post
for some reason that doesn't work for me.
What I want is to see everything without mouse over...
edit the user options file to disable the scrollable items. Then everything will always be visible. You'll want to change all the below like listed:

# Do the top right bars hide when you mouse out and show when you mouse in?
TopRightBarsScroll = False

# do the essential controls (depth, heading, etc.) hide when moused out and show when moused in?
EssentialControlsScroll = False

# does the messagebox show when moused in and hide when moused out?
MessageBoxScrolls = False

# do the order categories scroll down when moused out and scroll up when moused in?
# set to True to have the order categories scroll
# change below to either True or False
OrderCategoriesScroll = False

# do the officers scroll down when moused out and scroll up when moused in?
# change below to either True or False
OfficersScroll = False
Old 10-07-10, 07:21 PM   #4543
SashaKA001
中国水兵

And I like when the panels are hidden and it is so economical it looks when the screen resolution is small, like me, left only there where the clock, but on account of failure of tools that fix everything, then put TAIEnabledInGame = True and everything is there.
THANK TheDarkWraith.

And once again putting your fashion, in particular those
FX_Update_0_0_3_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_4_5_2_ByTheDarkWraith and
IRAI_0_0_26_ByTheDarkWraith,
saw that the ship lets flares of red, and then it was gone, how to get this beauty, or it will be added in next version.
Mods are in the order as written, how to put them.
THANK YOU.
Old 10-07-10, 07:31 PM   #4544
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauner View Post
Where can I find that file?
\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_4_5_2_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
Old 10-07-10, 07:33 PM   #4545
Brauner
Watch

Downloads: 101

Thank U for such quick reply
Brauner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui