Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-06-17, 09:31 PM   #436
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I guess the key to a diplomatic and peaceful solution to the NK's nuklear race problem is China and Russia.

These two country are some of the closes friend to Kim-A pressure from their side could perhaps make Kim think second time.

Markus
Mainly Russia, they're about the only one who the DPRK hasn't completely screwed over relations with. China may do a fairly good trade relationship with the DPRK, but it's not something they're happy with, but they know that if they do what the US wants them to and gives it the old 'Japanese oil embargo' treatment then they're going to wind up with a giant crisis on their doorstep and probably a nuke in Beijing.
Russia and the DPRK haven't been doing too bad though, Russia certainly doesn't seem to consider the DPRK as much of a threat as China does, since I don't think they ever have their radars that face North Korea switched on. Compare this to China who has pretty much fortified their border.

Of course, given the Putin/Trump issue, I can't see the US being able to push Putin into anything, not to mention the fact that I think the entire US diplomatic staff at the moment is one guy called Dave in a cupboard in Washington.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 12:06 AM   #437
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

<O>
Old 09-07-17, 12:35 AM   #438
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 02:00 AM   #439
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Is there still a US diplomat? I thought they had all left.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 05:55 AM   #440
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
North Korea: Trump doesn't rule out military strike but says it is 'not our first choice' after call with China
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7933286.html

No doubt Kim will interpret this as a weakening of the US position and perform more launch tests.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 10:38 AM   #441
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Will everyone please stop worrying about the bomb, after all we still have Bert the Turtle from a 1951 Civil Defense Film:

Watch the video a test will be given at the end of this training film by Jim and Steve ... remember to be ready to duck and cover.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 03:15 PM   #442
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Old 09-07-17, 04:52 PM   #443
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I myself truly hopes they will find a peaceful solution to this problem

Whether our politicians decide to accept NK now is a country with Nukes, perhaps Hydrogenbomb and ICBM

or

Kim understand he is on the wrong course and stop his atomic program. The bombs he has he gives to China or Russia

I don't fear that Trump will make some military strike on NK not as it is now.

What I fear is Kim will fire 1-2 of his ICBM towards Guam where they will drop into the sea 20-40 nm from the coast. If this should happen I fear Trump has to do something.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 05:23 PM   #444
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

All you need to know..

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 07:35 PM   #445
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
What I fear is Kim will fire 1-2 of his ICBM towards Guam where they will drop into the sea 20-40 nm from the coast. If this should happen I fear Trump has to do something.

Markus
And why would KJU do this?

If NK is testing their missile systems, they would not put a live warhead on them. Testing the missile, even if it lands in the US EEZ is still allowed by treaty.

There is no reason for NK to launch a first strike against Guam, nuclear or other wise. NK will use their nuclear weapons in a retaliatory manner after overt US action. As long as the US keeps out, there is not much to worry about.

KJU is a ruthless cruel SOB but he is neither insane nor suicidal... unless put in a position where he has nothing to lose. Don't corner a paranoid rat, it will lash out.

Our job is to always keep KJU in a position where he feels that he still has a lot to lose.

What the South Koreans and the US need to do is ratchet down the rhetoric and allow North Korea to boast and strut all they want. KJU needs to be perceived, by the military and citizens, as being in control and the Saviour of his country standing up to the mean old USA.

Let him. We do not have to respond to his boasting. Let him talk tough. We know we can destroy his country. He knows we can destroy his country, so his boasting is primarily for domestic propaganda.

We should still prepare of course, but we need to not escalate. This means muzzling our UN Ambassador as she is not helping the situation, but escalating it.

For once, it would be nice if the US took the peaceful mature option, instead of our prideful emotional reactions.

We are better than KJU, so lets start acting like it.
Old 09-08-17, 12:27 AM   #446
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Will everyone please stop worrying
Yeah, with all this fuss the U.S. are now signing contracts worth billions in armament, they need quiet.
Méo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 03:03 AM   #447
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

For once, it would be nice if the US took the peaceful mature option, instead of our prideful emotional reactions.

You are aware Trump is still president? The maturity ship sailed a long way back...

<O>
Old 09-08-17, 05:29 AM   #448
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
And why would KJU do this?

If NK is testing their missile systems, they would not put a live warhead on them. Testing the missile, even if it lands in the US EEZ is still allowed by treaty.

There is no reason for NK to launch a first strike against Guam, nuclear or other wise. NK will use their nuclear weapons in a retaliatory manner after overt US action. As long as the US keeps out, there is not much to worry about.

KJU is a ruthless cruel SOB but he is neither insane nor suicidal... unless put in a position where he has nothing to lose. Don't corner a paranoid rat, it will lash out.

Our job is to always keep KJU in a position where he feels that he still has a lot to lose.

What the South Koreans and the US need to do is ratchet down the rhetoric and allow North Korea to boast and strut all they want. KJU needs to be perceived, by the military and citizens, as being in control and the Saviour of his country standing up to the mean old USA.

Let him. We do not have to respond to his boasting. Let him talk tough. We know we can destroy his country. He knows we can destroy his country, so his boasting is primarily for domestic propaganda.

We should still prepare of course, but we need to not escalate. This means muzzling our UN Ambassador as she is not helping the situation, but escalating it.

We are better than KJU, so lets start acting like it.
Fully agree, however I wouldn't rule out the DPRK carrying out a 'Frigate Bird' style test since western media still doubts whether their RV system works and we know that they like to stoke western media fears because they keep talking about EMP strikes. They don't really have the setup to do an EMP strike, nor would they particularly want to, but they talk about it from time to time because they've seen the western media lose its mind over it.
The next test though will probably be another shot over Japan I'd wager, possibly a salvo of three or four missiles following about the same trajectory as the last test, basically testing the ability and resolve of Japan to intercept. Noting that the last Hwasong-12 test was intended to travel the approximate distance to Guam but out to the Pacific (it fell short by a bit) then it makes sense that if you're conducting tests in preparation for potentially carrying out the Guam mission then you'll want to salvo fire some Hwasong-12s out into the Pacific the same distance.

After that...well, they've said that they want to test the full range of the Hwasong-14. Not sure how they're going to do that, maybe shoot it over the pole into the Atlantic, but that will take it over China and Russia...not that Russia would probably actually see it. Or they could loft it and shove it somewhere in the South Pacific. Or they could go Frigate Bird on us, which would be a bit terrifying.

Either which way, mature responses would be nice, yes.
Old 09-08-17, 05:53 AM   #449
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

I'm thinking the next launch will be tomorrow to celebrate the 69th anniversary of the founding of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

The US will continue to monitor the situation hoping China will ramp up and agree to 'meaningful' sanctions and only act militarily if and when it can justifiably claim an attck on an ally is imminent or has taken place (Guam for example).

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 11:11 AM   #450
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm thinking the next launch will be tomorrow to celebrate the 69th anniversary of the founding of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

The US will continue to monitor the situation hoping China will ramp up and agree to 'meaningful' sanctions and only act militarily if and when it can justifiably claim an attck on an ally is imminent or has taken place (Guam for example).
Good guess Jim ... President Trump has a few more problems right now. Three hurricanes, budget unsettled, health care system going down the drain and premiums increasing at the same time, plus a wacko fat boy (is he even 30 years old yet) pressing him to go to war.

The real problem of war with NK is when due to if we wait much longer they will just get stronger for a retaliation. Like many here have posted Kim and his generals are not that crazy to fire the first shot. It would be suicide to even think it.

What if they can launch a missile with a nuclear payload from a submarine would that be scary enough to strike first? I think so
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, north korea