SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-16-10, 09:56 PM   #436
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

here is the change log for v1.2.0 as I have it now. What am I missing? Users with low screen res issues will be addressed on next version. The original problems with the SH4 style order bar remains unchanged.

v1.2.0 - (SH3/5 UI style) fixed bug when navigator's plot course was picked the 'plot course' wasn't selected at first
- total re-write of officer's bar, order catergories bar, and orders bars. Now when condition isn't met the icon is dark grey. When
condition is met but not selected the icon is white. When condition is met and selected the icon is gold. If the item doesn't display an order
bar or order category then it will never switch to a gold color.
- (SH3/5 UI style) crew will select battery recharge mode when you surface from being submerged and have used some of your battery
capacity. Once batteries are fully charged your crew will switch over to standard propulsion mode. User can switch to standard mode at any
time. If user has switched to standard mode and batteries aren't fully charged, user can switch back to recharge mode.
- fixed more bugs with TAI map not minimizing or restoring when entering/leaving stations
- made new .dds files for order categories, officers, and orders.
- (SH3/5 UI style) when an officer is selected a thin white border will appear around the officer
- added user option to enable/disable the notes from displaying. This is the text that displays above the message box when you mouse
over certain items. Default is True (display the notes) (ShowItemNotes)
- (SH3/5 UI style) fixed the nasty right click bug on the officers
- fixed bug where some items of UI would remain visible when talking with crew
- (SH5 Enhanced) added user option to integrate the fuel, battery, compressed air, and CO2 levels into the bottom bar located just
right of the heading bar (IntegrateLevels)
- gave user option to have the message box start in expanded mode when game starts (MessageBoxStartsExpanded)
- gave user option to have the mini-map start in one of it's three modes when the game starts (TAIModeOnGameStart)
- (SH3/5 UI style) added command to Radioman - report nearest radio contact
- (SH3/5 UI style) added command to Radioman - user radio (user can turn the radio on/off)
- when submerging the sonarman will be given the command 'normal sweep'. This command will appear in the message box.
- added add-on mod 'NewUIs_TDC_1_2_0_jimimadrids_map_tools' thus giving jimimadrid's photo looking icons for the map tools
- utilized new interface for user radio and added missing tooltips
- utilized new interface for gramophone and added missing tooltips
- (SH3/5 UI style) gave user the option as to whether the order categories scrolled or not (OrderCategoriesScroll)
- (SH3/5 UI style) fixed bug where when user had deck gun and/or flak gun manned and clicked on 'watch crew' nothing happened. Now
when one or both of those stations are manned and user clicks on 'watch crew' those stations will unman.
- moved the deck gun and flak gun reloading bars to top middle of the screen so they're not in the way of targeting
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added ability to teleport to obs scope from WE-->Torpedo Attack and WO-->Choose deck gun target
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added ability to teleport to attack scope from WE-->Torpedo Attack and WO-->Choose deck gun target
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added ability to teleport to Hydrophone station from SO-->Hydrophone
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added ability to teleport to Radar station from RA-->Radar
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added ability to teleport to UZO from WO-->Crew on deck
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added ability to teleport to Deckgun from WO-->Deck Gun
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added ability to teleport to Flak gun from WO-->Flak gun
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added heading to view and view to heading icons to Watch Officer as additional order categories (WO)
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added heading to view and view to heading icons to Navigator as additional order categories (NO)
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added clock icon to every officer's order category except Watch Officer (WA)
- added the follow selected target feature. It is togglable via order category icons for WEPS (WP) and Watch Officer (WA). There is
also a hotkey assigned for this with the default value of using key 'X'
- (SH3/5 UI styles) added ability to disable the officer icons (RenderOfficerIcons)
- made the XO TDC dialog box intelligent. It will reposition itself based on the current UI mode and options selected so that it's not
in the way of the message box or anything else.
- resized the XO TDC dialog box to make it slightly smaller in width

there just seems like something I'm overlooking...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 10:04 PM   #437
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Nomograph on Nav Map?

Some wishlist things I'd love to see would be the AoB wheel and attack disc from MaGui or Hitman's UI. Mind you, I only know how to use the AoB wheel, but the other one is pretty spiffy! (I've problably linked them backwards or incorrectly..) Also dragable speed charts like in GWX.

Last edited by kylania; 04-16-10 at 10:14 PM.
kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 10:04 PM   #438
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Nomograph on Nav Map?
bingo! That's it
Old 04-16-10, 11:16 PM   #439
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Nomograph added to nav map:

now just have to think of clever way to integrate nomograph into TAI map....

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-17-10 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-16-10, 11:31 PM   #440
kylania
Silent Hunter

A few initial quick bugs from 1.2 beta:

All the Clock buttons have "View to heading" as their tooltip, across all officers.

WO's Weapons Management order button opens up to the Sub Systems page instead of Torpedo.

And not really a bug, but a small graphical request to drop the buttons on the Integrated Levels down 2 pixels to frame it better. Left side is stock, right side is dropped 2 pixels down:

Updated:

Plot Course Navigator order button is acting like a Nav map toggle. If you're not on the Nav Map it'll open the Nav Map with the Plot Course tool selected. If you are on the Nav Map it'll close the Nav Map and kick you back to the previous view.

Old 04-16-10, 11:39 PM   #441
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
A few initial quick bugs from 1.2 beta:

All the Clock buttons have "View to heading" as their tooltip, across all officers.

WO's Weapons Management order button opens up to the Sub Systems page instead of Torpedo.

And not really a bug, but a small graphical request to drop the buttons on the Integrated Levels down 2 pixels to frame it better. Left side is stock, right side is dropped 2 pixels down:

great feedback I'll correct the problems and see what I can do about the rest. Thanks again

There is no command to open up the Torpedo one instead of the Sub systems. Best I could do unless someone knows something that I don't.

EDIT:

tooltips fixed. WO's weapon management opens up Torpedoes now. Integrated levels buttons moved down 2 pixels.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-17-10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-16-10, 11:53 PM   #442
kylania
Silent Hunter

This key mapping from Church's SH5 Keys brings up the torpedo screen:

Quote:
[Cmd112]
; MMaerean: this does not belong here, but there are no available CmdIDs
Name=Guns_control
Contexts=1,14
Key0=0x49,,"I"
Page=0x41000000,3742
Does "guns_control" help at all?

Old 04-16-10, 11:57 PM   #443
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Does "guns_control" help at all?
looking into it right now....

Yes I put the wrong command for that. It should be Guns_control. It has been corrected.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-17-10 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-17-10, 12:09 AM   #444
kylania
Silent Hunter

The lock feature is pretty sweet! It's a little shake close up though. At farther range it's pretty smooth, but gets very jittery close up. This is especially noticeable with the binoculars.

It also appears to be a global setting. As in if you lock something in the Observation Scope, then go to the bridge and activate the UZO, it'll auto turn to lock and follow your current target.

Here's a quick video that shows both the shakiness and the persistence of the "follow mode".

(It's pretty rough right now, but resolution should increase in a few minutes once YouTube is done working it's magic.)

Old 04-17-10, 12:13 AM   #445
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
The lock feature is pretty sweet! It's a little shake close up though. At farther range it's pretty smooth, but gets very jittery close up. This is especially noticeable with the binoculars.

It also appears to be a global setting. As in if you lock something in the Observation Scope, then go to the bridge and activate the UZO, it'll auto turn to lock and follow your current target.

Here's a quick video that shows both the shakiness and the persistence of the "follow mode".

(It's pretty rough right now, but resolution should increase in a few minutes once YouTube is done working it's magic.)
it's going to be a little shaky as I made something that didn't exist! It relies on a timer to do it's magic and if I drop the timer value down too low (greater Hz) then it came impact game play and cause stuttering everywhere else. I did the best compromise I could with it. I think it rocks

tried any teleporting yet?

Was thinking about also moving the Radio from an order to an order category. Radio shouldn't appear in the Radioman's reports.....I'm going to change that. Put it next to Gramophone.
Old 04-17-10, 12:38 AM   #446
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
tried any teleporting yet?
Sure did! This happened!

I need to restart to test one final thing, but it appears as if once you teleport to the Deck Gun you enable the fabled "camera locked on OwnShip" mode!

Basically man the gun, then unman it with the red X. Then teleport to it. This will enable the "external camera zoom modes" to work and your camera will be locked on the ship, as shown above. You're able to zoom and rotate the camera around the ship and it follows the ship. If you were zoomed in when you exited the gun you'll get that half stage reticle overlay as above also. Still need to test if you're able to do that before teleport or if you teleport to it first without manning it manually.

The other teleport modes seem to just kick you to the stations if they are optical (obs, attack and UZO) and simply teleport your avatar to the waypoint for the station for Sonar and Radio. It's only the Deck Gun that results in the odd camera/overlay mode.

Flakgun did boot me to the DeckGun once when I left the station, but I've been unable to replicate that.

Btw, it's indescribably happy with the new outlined officer buttons, they have a really nice "hovery button" feel to them. I LOVE IT.

Old 04-17-10, 12:44 AM   #447
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
but it appears as if once you teleport to the Deck Gun you enable the fabled "camera locked on OwnShip" mode!

Basically man the gun, then unman it with the red X. Then teleport to it. This will enable the "external camera zoom modes" to work and your camera will be locked on the ship, as shown above. You're able to zoom and rotate the camera around the ship and it follows the ship. If you were zoomed in when you exited the gun you'll get that half stage reticle overlay as above also. Still need to test if you're able to do that before teleport or if you teleport to it first without manning it manually.

The other teleport modes seem to just kick you to the stations if they are optical (obs, attack and UZO) and simply teleport your avatar to the waypoint for the station for Sonar and Radio. It's only the Deck Gun that results in the odd camera/overlay mode.

Flakgun did boot me to the DeckGun once when I left the station, but I've been unable to replicate that.
you are correct in that the Sonar and Radio just teleport you to the station - it does not activate the station. Had too many problems with it so I just had it teleport you to the station.

The other teleport modes teleport you to the station AND activate that station (UZO, attack, obs, deck gun, flak).

I haven't had any problems with teleporting to deck gun so I'll give your example a try and see what happens.
Old 04-17-10, 12:58 AM   #448
kylania
Silent Hunter

Ya know, that might be a stock bug or caused by another mod, since after removing 1.2 the zooming camera while on the default deck gun thing happened just manning the deck gun normally. I don't have any camera mods loaded though, odd. I can't imagine someone not finding that by now though...

Old 04-17-10, 01:14 AM   #449
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Radioman's Radio has been moved from an order to an order category (where it should have been in the first place ):

Old 04-17-10, 01:18 AM   #450
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

and nomograph has been added to the TAI mini-map:

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-17-10 at 09:24 AM.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui