SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Which version of TSWSM are you looking forward to?
Version 1 156 20.77%
Version 2 79 10.52%
Version 3 29 3.86%
Version 4 77 10.25%
All of them 488 64.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 751. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-09, 10:11 PM   #436
mickey117
Gunner

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0
smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFish View Post
I put up a small test with a decoy emitting enlarged stock smoke. It shows that a smokescreen is entirely possible, though I don't know how AI will react to it (maybe they can see through)
There are some problems though, see for yourself.

Smoke starts off okay.

Then it starts to form a rainbow kind of thing

after which the smoke goes down instead of up
But hey, it's clearly possible
Only needs some tweaking...
BTW, polyfiller, I deleted the turrets from the Hood's 3d model as you requested. You have a PM.
that's pretty awesome now i put forward an idea with the capital ships/battleships now as you have done with this could you after the main guns have fired could you have the smoke remain there for while like in real life????

PART OF SUPER SURFACE WARFARE MOD
> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946

{FIGHT TO THE LAST SHELL}
mickey117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 10:26 PM   #437
Regio Sommergibile
Officer

Downloads: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
ballpark 25% it really depends on the campaign work done by Ivank
Thanks! i'm really looking for to this... Just tried some ships and cannon combat is an interesting alternative to silent hunting
Old 04-12-09, 10:40 PM   #438
mickey117
Gunner

Downloads: 85
?

also here is a page full of Japanese ship designs some are areally stupid but there is a good one for the super yamato design and here is pic of that ship and a link http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Misc/NeverWeres/Super_Yamato.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Misc/NeverWeres/japanese.htm&usg=__kyDY6OYwFRqg3c1D9qVl2wXcU64=&h= 263&w=832&sz=50&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=HPQYkCEww SLldM:&tbnh=46&tbnw=144&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsuper%2Byamato%2Bbattleship%26hl%3Den %26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26hs%3DhHD%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

PART OF SUPER SURFACE WARFARE MOD
> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946

{FIGHT TO THE LAST SHELL}
mickey117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 09:11 AM   #439
WalterJConklin
Mate

Downloads: 58
Default RE:

Although I love sub genre films, I consider myself more of a fan of surface vessels than submarines. I have been looking for a mod that would add depth charge capabilities to the playable ships. Accordingly, I think I will get SH4 because of the upcoming Surface Warfare Super Mod. Thanks so much for creating this mod, which will greatly expand the capabilities of SH4.
WalterJConklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 12:21 PM   #440
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
ballpark 25% it really depends on the campaign work done by Ivank
I have finished the Axis naval base stuff(to my best knowlegde of their bases)
I just need to do the convoys, patrol oblectives, and Allied bases

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 01:00 PM   #441
Regio Sommergibile
Officer

Downloads: 181

Old 04-13-09, 05:45 PM   #442
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

Quick update - been updating the torpedo loadouts and working torpedo damage models for all the British BB's (many had 2 or 4 tubes, mostly below the waterline).

Darkfish - the Renown Class cruiser has more of those pesky quad Vickers mounts in the model. Any chance of a quick removal ?

Also - noted that my favourite ship - the Warspite - has a very "early" look to it - there should be two more platforms for quad / octuple pom pom mounts where the nodes A05 & A06 are. The platforms should look similar to those around mounts A09 and A10. Not sure how much of a big ask this is ?

Also ... made some additional discoveries - reason I had trouble switching Sillouettes for German ships - I use conning tower files (Unitpartsnshipname.UPCGE). The silloutte filename specified in these files is the one used - i.e. the game ignores what's in the main shipname.UPCGE file. Darkfish - like the new sillouettes you created - nice.

Other discovery - how to make 3 AA guns controllable - I did everything the "right way" and couldn't get it to work. I looked at how the kent did it and copied everything (including mapping the A01 & A02 cameras to the wrong node (A04) ... still no joy. I then noted the loading order in the UPC file - the "3rd" AA gun has to be mounted before A01 & A02 in the UPC file (the upgrade packs section).

Will release updated version of ships pack later in the week to the mod team ... am currently waiting on some permission feedback on one specific ship.
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 06:17 PM   #443
ivank
The Old Man

Shouldnt we just re-model the guns your talking about? The quad pom pom is/was a critical gun platform, and should not be just pushed away.

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 04-14-09, 05:41 AM   #444
polyfiller
Weps

Ivan - it's no the qquad pom pom - already have that coutesy of Ops Monsoon.... it's the quad vickers.... only seen it on the Hood & Renown. ... and yes we could / should model it as an AI controlled gun - I suggest such to Darkfish further up the thread - he reckons he can ... but will take some time. If the core 3D model can be created, I can create the .DAT, .SIM, .ZON etc.
Old 04-14-09, 06:49 AM   #445
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

and in the meantime i will see about skinning some of the nastier ships.
No bump-mapping yet, ugh, I feel traditionalist.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-09, 08:52 AM   #446
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfiller View Post
Darkfish - the Renown Class cruiser has more of those pesky quad Vickers mounts in the model. Any chance of a quick removal ?
even more thought I had them all
tomorrow I've got a very much sucking exam so I ain't got time now but I can fix it tomorrow.

Quote:
Other discovery - how to make 3 AA guns controllable - I did everything the "right way" and couldn't get it to work.
Discovered this by chance a while ago
It's all about the .cam file. To enable a third AA gun you must have a CamUserDataCfg and ShellUserDataCfg for each one of them.
So if you want A01, A02 and A03 playable, in the cam file add with A01 as parent ID:
- CamUserDataCfg with camera=A01Gun
- ShellUserDataCfg with GunPos=PortGun
with A02 as parent ID:
- CamUserDataCfg with camera=A02Gun
- ShellUserDataCfg with GunPos=StarbGun
with A03 as parent ID:
- CamUserDataCfg with camera=FlakGun
- ShellUserDataCfg with GunPos=MainFlak
add these to the cam file and you should have 3 playable AA guns

now back to my books then I guess.....
still got an awful lot of learning to do cause I'm really screwed if I mess up this exam
DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-09, 11:11 AM   #447
ivank
The Old Man

EDIT: Never mind I am home to work! Sorry, any news on the SH3 merchant ships? Did I send you guys them(Shamer427, pollyfiller) Because thats what I need to finish up my work.

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Last edited by ivank; 04-14-09 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-14-09, 11:16 AM   #448
ivank
The Old Man

Just wanted to make an even 700 posts before I left today, I can not stand numbers not divisable by 5!! call it OCD or what even, they just piss me off!

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 04-14-09, 01:43 PM   #449
polyfiller
Weps

Darkfish - understand about the exam .... I'm so old I just wish I could remember what doing exams was like 4

Ivan - you've not sent me any other ships to do damage model on. I've been kinda looking around for models to do. Might do the SH4 stock Fiji cruiser next.

Oh - Darkfish ... while you "may" think you're right about AA guns - I think it's just the existance of the entries in the .CAM ... not their "parent" ID's - the kent, for example, has all the wrong ID's - AO4 is the parent for the Ao1 cam and A02 cam. What will prevent the 3rd gun from not working is loading it last in the .upc file - load it first and "screw" up the .cam parentage and it works. Don't ask me why .... I only work here
Old 04-14-09, 02:43 PM   #450
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Oh - Darkfish ... while you "may" think you're right about AA guns - I think it's just the existance of the entries in the .CAM ... not their "parent" ID's - the kent, for example, has all the wrong ID's - AO4 is the parent for the Ao1 cam and A02 cam. What will prevent the 3rd gun from not working is loading it last in the .upc file - load it first and "screw" up the .cam parentage and it works. Don't ask me why .... I only work here
No, it's not just its placement in the upc file. I just did a very quick test with my flower CO, cut the AA gun that was 1st in the upgradepacks section and pasted it last. It still works.
But if I totally screw up the parentage, that is change all the parent IDs to non-existent values, nope no 3rd AA gun.
anyway, it's very confusing. sometimes I can delete up to four of the six controllers and it still works, seemingly independent of which controllers I delete. Other times I change only one parent ID and the 3rd gun disappears. I guess there must be some logic in this but I ain't got time nor desire to further investigate this.
Only one thing is certain, that is the 3rd AA gun works in a very mysterious way. But if both the upc and cam file are correct the 3rd gun should show up.
DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote