SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-19-08, 07:57 AM   #436
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker
Not bothering to read all of the above- I have one question. I enabled u-boat campaign in TMO and noticed I'm stuck behind the valves in the control room. Any fix for this?
The only thing I can think of is to disable the TMO Enable U-Boat mod and delete the mod's Cameras.dat file in its Library folder.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 08:14 AM   #437
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Hmm, will that screw up something else? I'm wary of such moves. Somebody find Ducimus.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 08:50 AM   #438
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

I'm not sure if it messes anything up or not. I don't use the Cameras.dat included with TMO or any other mods that change it. I like the stock camera just fine. I haven't ever noticed anything out of the ordinary.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 11:16 AM   #439
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Using the default camera.dat in the current "official" publish of TM WILL cause issues if used in german uboat interiors. As the camera.dat has been tweaked to better enhance fleetboat interiors.

The german uboat interiors and fleet boat interiors have some very stark differences between the two in terms of what it needs from the cameras.dat.

If using TM by itself, just use the TMO_enable uboat version 3". This will get it running and behave like stock with a couple fixes. Just be advised that the uboat campaign under TM, is STOCK and relatively unaltered. I simply don't have the time and resources to support it. (im currently neck deep working on another update as it is ) The bottom line here, is the extend of support to the uboat campaign, all i can offer, is just to make sure the stock campaign is running correctly and not crashing due to changes ive made to enhance the pacific campaign. Hence the "TMO_enable_uboat" modlet.

If your running TMO with Monsun Operations by Lurker, then use the TMO_enable_uboat, that Lurker is publishing. Lurker asked me awhile back about taking that little modlet and doing some changes to it to better support Monsun Operations, (which of course i said, "go for it"), so i HIGHLY recommend you use Lurkers version of the same modlet.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 12:27 PM   #440
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

The Lord of Ewoks hath spoken!

Ok, I'll try the Operation Monsoon and see what happens. Thanks. Oh one more thing your mod has anything to do with the flying sub?
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:32 PM   #441
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Can I have your permission to edit the CareerStart.upc in TMO to add an earlier start date and include it in a revised version of my Pre Harbor Career Start mod?
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:59 PM   #442
jerryt
Loader

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt
Hi All;

Just installed this mod with 1.4...
This mod only works with the U-Boat add-on, mate, that's v1.5.
Oops sorry. I meant that I downloaded the 1.4 TMO mod to go with it. Might go ahead and get the addon though, even though I don't really care for the U-boat aspect.
Thanks.
Old 05-19-08, 09:34 PM   #443
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker
Oh one more thing your mod has anything to do with the flying sub?
Modwise, thats sort of a big kettle of fish, but the summation is, TMO by itself, with no other mods running atop it that alter the scene.dat, or the wave attuenment settings in the sim.cfg, the sub on rails effect or flying sub effect, while not gone entirely, seemed to be minimized. That said, i don't normally play with the external camera on unless testing, so i probably dont spend enough time in the external cam to notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
Can I have your permission to edit the CareerStart.upc in TMO to add an earlier start date and include it in a revised version of my Pre Harbor Career Start mod?

I am surprised you feel compelled to ask me. :rotfl: Do whatever floats your boat, unless your all proprietary and secretive with mods, i really don't care. Go for it. It's just a simple txt file , certainly nothing to get all formal and polticially correct over.
Old 05-20-08, 04:56 AM   #444
Yoda
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Default great Mods

Hi all,

Thx for the great Mod, im new to SH4 played SHII looong time ago and recently purchased SH4 & U boatmissions.
Im very pleased with the game, really immersive to play the wonderfull mods i got TMO & RSRDC installed.

Cya
Yoda
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 10:28 AM   #445
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
I am surprised you feel compelled to ask me. :rotfl: Do whatever floats your boat, unless your all proprietary and secretive with mods, i really don't care. Go for it. It's just a simple txt file , certainly nothing to get all formal and polticially correct over.
Well I'm a Southerner, and we have a little thing called manners down here.

I had to ask in case the answer was no, which is in fact what I got concerning an RSRD version.

Thanks!!
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-08, 04:51 PM   #446
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya's,
Well i just had the thrill of my life

That excited i can't remember exact area lol

I had to drop off a dude in a raft, Hours of very slow p/depth in very shallow waters

Did the mission and on coming out into open sea i scan with obs scope and to my 11 i see a sub on the surface he he

Got a lock-on and it was a japanese sub

Set Fraps on for final attack, Sent 3 front fish off almost point blank and got 3 hits and dang that sub went upwards like a good'un

My 1st sub attack and it felt great

Must say those subs look nice

Got it recorded in fraps so gonna see if i can convert so i can upload into shots/vids section

Ducimus TMO never ceases to astound me he he

Gonna go vid-convertion googling now

Have Fun All

Ciao

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-08, 06:37 PM   #447
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 130

I finally broke down and got 1.5 and added the mod. Excellent work, ya'll! I still can't get over the realistic look of the water and all of the new features you guys added.

Thank you for making a good game great!
Old 05-21-08, 08:20 PM   #448
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance
it was a japanese sub

Set Fraps on for final attack, Sent 3 front fish off almost point blank and got 3 hits and dang that sub went upwards like a good'un

My 1st sub attack and it felt great

Must say those subs look nice

Got it recorded in fraps so gonna see if i can convert so i can upload into shots/vids section

Ducimus TMO never ceases to astound me he he

Gonna go vid-convertion googling now

Have Fun All

Ciao

Def
Glad you found one! I made them rare, you won't find jap subs falling into your lap very often. I imagine he went up with a mighty Kaboom? As rare as i made them, i figured id make it a treat if you torpedo one. I look forward to seeing the vid, these guys are a rare catch. I rank it right up there with scoring a hit on a BB
Old 05-21-08, 09:13 PM   #449
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Man i never videod with fraps before

Dang what a massive file for short bit of film lol (well 2 films)

Got the actual aiming/firing/explosion at 3.4 gig !!

Then a quick surface to watch her sink and that's about 1.4 gig

Fraps says something about virtualdub to compress to avi (divx) so will try that tomorrow or see any other way of shrinking the films (may have to edit them i guess time-wise to help compress some more)

And yes, She surely does go boom and lifts almost out of the water he he

Never sweated so much as i was worried about it diving or aiming a few fish my way lol

Really really is the best highlight so far in TMO

Think i'm still on a high from the rush

Gonna sort a small version so i can post asap

Ohh it was in the Kii Suido area as i was on the surface southbound

Ducimus Made my day (maybe my year !! )

Cheers

Have Fun

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-08, 09:23 PM   #450
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

:hmm: I think it was Nautilus42 who came up with the initial Jap AI submarine. Although i dont see him listed in the posted credits on the first post. Pretty sure i updated the credits packaged with the mod though. Gonna have to check into that when i get home from work.