SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-13, 02:02 PM   #31
hellfish6
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

I'm thrilled to see the Flower-class in there. After reading (and watching) The Cruel Sea countless times, it's something I look forward to captaining.
Old 09-18-13, 07:24 PM   #32
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
Wow!...That seems captivating!....Waiting for the opening of ATWAR website!....Good luck!
Hi biosthetique,

The Atlantic Warfare website&forum should be going live in 2 or 3 weeks and everyone will be welcome to participate and give us feedback as we work.

We will need all the support we can get to commission this Sim.
Regards the Atlantic Warfare team

Old 09-18-13, 07:30 PM   #33
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfish6 View Post
I'm thrilled to see the Flower-class in there. After reading (and watching) The Cruel Sea countless times, it's something I look forward to captaining.
Hi hellfish,

The flower class is only one of the many playable ships that will be available in Atlantic Warfare.

Each battle stations will be available to the player and the ballistic is going to be model according to real data from the various weapons.

Old 09-19-13, 07:43 AM   #34
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

really hope this works out. if this project works out whats to stop some devs starting a kickstarter campaign to finally get a study subsim complete with a dynamic campaign.

how cool would that be
Old 09-19-13, 08:13 AM   #35
skip
Helmsman

Downloads: 379

Firstly I just want to say that I really wish you well with this new project of developing your own naval sim, these types of niche games are sorely missed and I really hope you succeed.

But I cant help but be a bit annoyed that this mod you've been working on for nearly 3 years for silent hunter 3 will probably not be completed and what is done will only be released if your kickstarter project is successful. I would have preferred that you finished this mod and sell it if possible to those willing to buy it ( I would ) and then move on to the new game I am sure you would have the community's full backing for the new sim especially as they would be able to see and play an example of your work with the HAHD mod and experience what you are capable of.

I just feel that all the waiting was for nothing, don't get me wrong I will probably contribute to the kickstarter but am just annoyed that the wait will now be even longer. lol I'm an impatient man cant help myself.

By the way before you go down all these other different sims of planes and battleships and so on, Would recommend only focusing on the U Boat campaign initially and getting that right before branching off into other sims and campaigns. Perhaps release the other stuff later as payable mods. If they were done right I would certainly pay for extra mods. I've purchased every DCS mod released to date... but that's just my 2 cents.

Do you have a rough idea of a projected release date ?
Will all the work you have done so far be able to be ported to the new game ?. certainly hope so would be a shame for it to go to waste.

Best of luck and despite my negative post wish you and your team the very best. Will definitely check out the kickstarter when up

Last edited by skip; 09-19-13 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-19-13, 10:13 AM   #36
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

just curious why this mod wasnt based on sh5? ive tried several times to get into sh5 but installing all the mods is such a pain that ive given up.

sh5 imo is crying out for a supermod such a gwx which had an installer.
Old 09-19-13, 10:34 AM   #37
Xaron
Ensign

Downloads: 0

All the best guys! I wish you success even though I think you have quite ambitious goals! Do you have any ETA?
Old 09-19-13, 01:22 PM   #38
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip View Post
Firstly I just want to say that I really wish you well with this new project of developing your own naval sim, these types of niche games are sorely missed and I really hope you succeed.

But I cant help but be a bit annoyed that this mod you've been working on for nearly 3 years for silent hunter 3 will probably not be completed and what is done will only be released if your kickstarter project is successful. I would have preferred that you finished this mod and sell it if possible to those willing to buy it ( I would ) and then move on to the new game I am sure you would have the community's full backing for the new sim especially as they would be able to see and play an example of your work with the HAHD mod and experience what you are capable of.

I just feel that all the waiting was for nothing, don't get me wrong I will probably contribute to the kickstarter but am just annoyed that the wait will now be even longer. lol I'm an impatient man cant help myself.

By the way before you go down all these other different sims of planes and battleships and so on, Would recommend only focusing on the U Boat campaign initially and getting that right before branching off into other sims and campaigns. Perhaps release the other stuff later as payable mods. If they were done right I would certainly pay for extra mods. I've purchased every DCS mod released to date... but that's just my 2 cents.

Do you have a rough idea of a projected release date ?
Will all the work you have done so far be able to be ported to the new game ?. certainly hope so would be a shame for it to go to waste.

Best of luck and despite my negative post wish you and your team the very best. Will definitely check out the kickstarter when up
Hi Skip,

I understand your disappointment toward U-boot_hahd but such an opportunity often happen only once in a life time and it was very frustrating to have all those limitations from an aging game engine when we have so many great assets already done.

But i think you have us wrong on one part in your message since U-boot_hahd will not be abandon if the campaign failed but will be release later on.

And if we are successful with the campaign just read the late posts in the U-boot_HAHD thread and you will see that U-boot_hahd will also get to be release in separate modules include probably in Manos environment pro if Manos approve this method.

As for the waiting nobody who follow us since the beginning is loosing anything in the process since every single assets build is re usable for Atlantic Warfare.

Finishing U-boot_HAHD before starting Atlantic Warfare was unfortunately not an option since it would required another 6 months and i simply didn't have the time available to do it since paying the bills was a priority.

Atlantic Warfare will not be base solely on u-boats operations since one major reason is obvious here to grab a wider audience, what i mean is that put yourself in a person shoes who suffer heavily and have lost relatives because of the u-boats operations i dont think that person would be very tempted in incarning a u-boat captain and sink their own side.

So that why Atlantic Warfare will offer playing both side allied&axis force and it would also bring a lot of re-playability since you can enroll in both side and even play as a pilot.

We have no worry about implementing surface ships, submarines&aircrafts because we have already a lot of assets done for that purpose that no one is aware so far mainly surfaces ships and aircraft's with full instrument cockpit ready and rig.

Approximate release date is set to fall 2016 but will depend on our funding campaign success if we have the funding we will hired more people so it will speed up the production.

And don't worry your post was not a negative one but more a positive critic that we appreciate.

Old 09-19-13, 01:29 PM   #39
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaron View Post
All the best guys! I wish you success even though I think you have quite ambitious goals! Do you have any ETA?
Hi Xaron,

Thank for supporting us and have no worry we have plan this project very carefully and people in team know what they are doing.
It is not your typical teenagers dude "I want to make a game even if i know nothing about making a game" but professionals artists&programers.

Old 09-19-13, 01:32 PM   #40
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig View Post
just curious why this mod wasnt based on sh5? ive tried several times to get into sh5 but installing all the mods is such a pain that ive given up.

sh5 imo is crying out for a supermod such a gwx which had an installer.
Hi Lafferty,

In short it was simply because of the lack of a complete campaign and submarine type limitations + the engine was new and no one knew how to break in to import assets and tweaks thing.

Old 09-19-13, 02:31 PM   #41
04gabriel67
Swabbie

Default To whole community - be with us!

Hello everybody!

Since I was a kid I was fascinated by submarines, I even scratch build wooden carved models, driven by rubber band “engine”!

Later I was lucky enough to star working on SH series, from the thrilling beginning till to the rather bitter end …

I was dreaming to work again on this kind of simulator and again life surprised me, I cross Hans path and we shared the same vision.

I strongly believe in this project and I am proud to be part of it.

I want to thank you all for the support you give on the SH series and personally I want to tell you all how much I appreciate having you all around us then.

For the first time I wrote on this forum and I am asking you all to be again on our side in this daring endeavor.

It’s not only about a simple simulator; it’s about creating a new and innovative Sim with the potential to revive the genre.

We could not compare ourselves with the big “mammoths” of the industry, with their resources and finances.

But we have something they don’t have - a dream and passion for it. We are better than them, and time will prove this. Yes we will progress slowly because all of us are doing the work for this project in their free time. We are a team from all around the world, from different cultures but the same passion.

We don’t have offices; we keep contact on internet, sometime maybe we don’t understand what the other say but in the end IT WORKS! Because it's about honesty, commitment and passion. We have a real liberty on creation, innovation, communication. Everyone who works in a big company will understand instantly what huge advantage we have!

Our project is built for you AND with you all over there that have the same passion as ours! Not the accountants will tell us what to put in game for better profit but YOU will do this.

The “mammoth” have resources and funds but we have the best team member –YOU the COMMUNITY.

Be with us, all of you fans over there. With you on our side we really could give birth to this wonderful project!

Be with us, people, and start spreading the new, start spreading it !

Thank you all!!!

Regards Gabriel
A.T.W.A.R. Dev Team
Old 09-19-13, 02:46 PM   #42
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Gabriel!

About time you showed up.

I'm not worthy!!!!

Old 09-19-13, 02:52 PM   #43
Sung
Developer

Downloads: 6
Default Wow!

Sounds very exciting.
I was involved in so many projects. To build up such a game from scratch in 3 years thats truely a big target. All the best for you, i will follow your work.

SILENT DEPTH the submarine simulation for your mobile device
www.silentdepth.com
https://www.facebook.com/silentdepth/

Silent Depth Manual
Old 09-19-13, 03:04 PM   #44
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Lo' there old man.

Good to see things picking up steam.

I had no idea when you first proposed the HAHD mod so many years ago, that it would escalate like this.

Keep us posted.

Old 09-19-13, 03:07 PM   #45
04gabriel67
Swabbie

Default Developing ...

@ Sung
SH5 actually was done in 9 months. Yes , a bigger team. More resources. The final - good things and bad things as all you know.
Personally I want to be part of a team that could do the difference. From many points of view. I am aware that there will be hard times for us, basically we will give up to the most part of our life outside regular job. But I FEEL that we could do it and that why I was asking you to be with us.
We could be better and we will make the difference.

Last edited by 04gabriel67; 09-19-13 at 03:22 PM. Reason: answering to
Closed Thread