Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-11, 08:35 PM   #31
Lead Slinger

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Here's a question to you.

Would you like to be the next president for the US??

If you do nothing to the debt and other things-people gonna hate you

If you do something about it and I presume it's some tuff decision you have to make-people gonna hate you.

I would not.

Offcourse the president do not have to do all the job.

Markus
Valid points.

I for one would just be happy for a true leader.

1480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 09:04 PM   #32
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Would anyone want to be President with the current state of Congress???

I think the current political attitudes will do more harm than anything else to our country. It seems like we have a bunch of children in congress, none of them seems to care about taking care of the country but seem only to be interested in party before country.
Old 11-03-11, 09:16 PM   #33
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Barring a major recovery of the economy(LOL right) or GOP running a flip flopping guy like Romney, Obama is definitely out.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 09:18 PM   #34
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Would anyone want to be President with the current state of Congress???

I think the current political attitudes will do more harm than anything else to our country. It seems like we have a bunch of children in congress, none of them seems to care about taking care of the country but seem only to be interested in party before country.

Congres is mostly ok, they just are not willing to give into obama's crappy plans. Look at where a cooperative congress lead by Reid and Pelosi got us.Blame lies with Obama and his failed policies as well as refusing to accept his left wing views have been proven incorrect.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 11-04-11 at 01:01 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 09:45 PM   #35
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1480 View Post
The strange part of all of this: as Romney has kept silent this past week, his poll numbers increased.
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake. Perry and Cain are destroying themselves, and Romney's just sitting back and letting it happen.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 09:53 PM   #36
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

The case for Obama.

Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 09:55 PM   #37
Lead Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake. Perry and Cain are destroying themselves, and Romney's just sitting back and letting it happen.
Absolutely. Can you explain why Biden still has career without invoking the name of McConnell???? Your answer should read in form of a question, and should be within 1800 words or less. Thank you please drive up to the first window.

Old 11-03-11, 10:16 PM   #38
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1480 View Post

The strange part of all of this: as Romney has kept silent this past week, his poll numbers increased.
Well not necessarily strange. Right now there seems to be a battle going on over Cain's credibility due to these harassment allegations. It drives some people to him some people away from him. It may be encouraging some voters to go over to Romney instead. What's more interesting though is that, last I checked, Cain's poll numbers have actually increased in the past week as well.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 08:33 AM   #39
Lead Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Well not necessarily strange. Right now there seems to be a battle going on over Cain's credibility due to these harassment allegations. It drives some people to him some people away from him. It may be encouraging some voters to go over to Romney instead. What's more interesting though is that, last I checked, Cain's poll numbers have actually increased in the past week as well.
Just wondering who leaked the story....Cain #'s up may be an anomaly, though I hate to use that as an excuse for anything. Voting public see this as a charade? Not sure I give them that much credit. White guilt part II? My head hurts....

Old 11-04-11, 09:17 AM   #40
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Just wondering who leaked the story
Well the wingnut presenters said it was the worldwide liberal media conspiracy who want to keep the blackman down.
Cains camp have blamed so far the Republican party, his old employers, two of his current republican opponents, his old politcal campaigh staff, his business associates, the democrats, Rahm Emanuel, Obama.....I think they are blaming the grassy knoll next to then be followed by the bell boy.

The damage being done to Cain is not by the allegations themselves but by his ever changing excuses about them.
But look on the bright side for him, there must be another book in all this
Old 11-04-11, 04:11 PM   #41
Lead Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
Well the wingnut presenters said it was the worldwide liberal media conspiracy who want to keep the blackman down.
Cains camp have blamed so far the Republican party, his old employers, two of his current republican opponents, his old politcal campaigh staff, his business associates, the democrats, Rahm Emanuel, Obama.....I think they are blaming the grassy knoll next to then be followed by the bell boy.

The damage being done to Cain is not by the allegations themselves but by his ever changing excuses about them.
But look on the bright side for him, there must be another book in all this
I read some where that the lawsuits were filed two years after he left his post......its more difficult to defend yourself when you have no idea of whats going on----ONLY IF THAT PART OF THE STORY IS TRUE. Had he kept his mouth shut....hmmmmm

Old 12-21-11, 05:18 AM   #42
gammaphialpha
Watch

Downloads: 0

If Obama loses my vote it will not be because of things that were out of his control. It will be because rather than speak forcefully for change, and make the promised changes that were within his power, he backed down even on executive decisions that were all his to make, in the mistaken belief that he would appeal to a broader electorate..
gammaphialpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 08:29 AM   #43
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58

Off topic, but I just had a crazy day dream

I dreamed that Mussolini won against Obama on the "at least our trains run on time" platform
Old 12-21-11, 09:07 AM   #44
Lead Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaphialpha View Post
If Obama loses my vote it will not be because of things that were out of his control. It will be because rather than speak forcefully for change, and make the promised changes that were within his power, he backed down even on executive decisions that were all his to make, in the mistaken belief that he would appeal to a broader electorate..
Clinton understood that in order for him to get reelected he needed to get a moderate message across. Obama is not a leader but more of a prop that is being used by others to get their agenda across. It could be argued that some presidents were merely figureheads merely stumping for certain interests.

Hope and change was nothing more than double speak for "anyone who isn't a WASP."

Old 12-21-11, 09:35 AM   #45
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

I don't know, 1480, I think you'd have a hard time attempting to prove middle-aged white men as an oppressed minority. I'm reminded of a scene in a Simpsons episode (back in the 90's, when the episodes were actually good) where Lisa and Grandpa are lamenting the fact that no one cares what they think:

Lisa: It's awful being a kid. No one listens to you.

Grandpa: It's rotten being old. No one listens to you.

Homer (entering from the side): I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me -- no matter how dumb my suggestions are.

Last edited by Takeda Shingen; 12-21-11 at 09:46 AM.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote