Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-09-13, 01:19 PM   #31
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexstock View Post
Just wanted to say that after the fresh install, everything is working pretty stable and oké! The mission was a success! Still having some doubts about the AI response, but still, it was fun.
Thanks for the update Lexstock
Old 02-12-13, 12:25 PM   #32
Lexstock
Watch

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Thanks for the update Lexstock
No problem, thank YOU for taking the time to reply on my issue!
Lexstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 02:57 PM   #33
VacantName
Seaman

Downloads: 60

Possibly going to make myself sound like an idiot for asking this, but I've been away from SH5 for quite a while and can't remember what the deal is: Can I complete 'Breaking the Fortress' while my active mission is something else?

Just left Kiel to do 'Eastern British Coastal Waters' (On OH2.1) and sometime afterwards Breaking the Fortress popped up on my map. Don't exactly have the time or inclination to go back to dock, change my mission and sail out to Scotland again, but since I'm in the neighbourhood (Currently patrolling off of the Firth of Forth) I could pop up there and have a crack now, but I don't want to waste my evening doing so if it won't count... So will it?

Also, which mod gives those dark, dark nights in Trevally's screenies? Thought I was pretty happy with the mods I've installed now, but my nights don't seem quite that awesomely dark. They're quite dark, but I can still see stuff...
VacantName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 03:03 PM   #34
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacantName View Post
(Currently patrolling off of the Firth of Forth) I could pop up there and have a crack now, but I don't want to waste my evening doing so if it won't count... So will it?
Yes - you can do this
Old 05-08-13, 03:07 PM   #35
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Try gamma correction to darken your nights

Im sure there is a dark night mod within Gap/Stoianm enviro mod
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202520
Old 05-08-13, 03:29 PM   #36
VacantName
Seaman

Quote:
Yes - you can do this
Great, thanks, that's my night sorted

Quote:
Try gamma correction to darken your nights

Im sure there is a dark night mod within Gap/Stoianm enviro mod
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202520

I'm currently using Real Environment Revision 3 and nights are definitely a lot darker than vanilla, but don't seem as dark as your screenies.

I did consider Dynamic Environment but was put off by the acknowledged fog issues as feel there's already more than enough fog even on vanilla (though it could do with being thicker, of course) plus RE's screenies looked a lot more impressive (and the sun IS gorgeous in it). Maybe I've made the wrong choice, I really don't know...

Anyway, thanks again, looks like I'm off to blow something up near your house

EDIT: Actually maybe my nights ARE that dark after all. Was looking on my mobile before and the pics looked a lot darker on that than they do on my PC. BTW Real Navigation looks awesome, but does the auto targeting still work reliably with it? I can do manual (or at least I used to be able to), I just can't be bothered with the fiddling around lol
Old 05-08-13, 04:13 PM   #37
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I did consider Dynamic Environment but was put off by the acknowledged fog issues as feel there's already more than enough fog even on vanilla (though it could do with being thicker, of course) plus RE's screenies looked a lot more impressive (and the sun IS gorgeous in it). Maybe I've made the wrong choice, I really don't know...

Who acknowledged it? To my knolewledge DynEnv got as much fog as RealEnv, and they both inherited it from stock game.

SH weather is mostly hardcoded, and none of the above mods touches the exe or the act files.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 04:41 PM   #38
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 457

Gap is right!
Dynamic Environment doesn't have fog issue!
It's SH5 game wich gives too much fog days in a row...and doesn't take in account seasons air temperatures (sea fog happens when a certain difference is reached between air and sea surface temperature - and imo doesn't stay for days)
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 04:46 PM   #39
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Anyway, thanks again, looks like I'm off to blow something up near your house

hmmm I wonder if I should add my house
Old 05-08-13, 05:03 PM   #40
VacantName
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

Who acknowledged it?
Ummm.... Hate to break it to ya, but you did

Quote:

Known bugs and limitations:
  • low precipitations occurrence, excessive medium fog occurrence, presence of fog even during wind storms, stars visible during foggy and/or cloudy nights, weather resetting to foggy after loading a save game (whatever was the weather before saving), and Navigation Officer reporting the wrong weather after a save game reload, are known SH5 limitations that cannot be addressed with the present mod;
  • feel free to report any other issue that might be related with this mod in its dedicated thread.

Quote:
SH weather is mostly hardcoded, and none of the above mods touches the exe or the act files.
If it is, as you say, just the same fog as from vanilla then maybe I've been a bit hasty in overlooking DynEnv. I did almost go for it after seeing all the extra climate zones and such it adds, so maybe I'll give it a proper look. But I (perhaps mis-) interpreted that known bugs and issues entry as meaning that there was even MORE fog than vanilla, and that's what put me off (that and the lack of screenies stopping me from seeing how pretty it is before I download it). Sorry if I got that wrong, that's just the way I read it.
Old 05-08-13, 05:25 PM   #41
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Ummm.... Hate to break it to ya, but you did
at last someone who is reading mod documentations to the end!

anyway you are right.
I am considering to change my disclaimer like this:

Quote:
low precipitations occurrence, excessive medium fog occurrence, etc, are known SH5 limitations that cannot be addressed with the present mod, nor they were by any other mod released so far, for that matter

Quote:
If it is, as you say, just the same fog as from vanilla then maybe I've been a bit hasty in overlooking DynEnv. I did almost go for it after seeing all the extra climate zones and such it adds, so maybe I'll give it a proper look. But I (perhaps mis-) interpreted that known bugs and issues entry as meaning that there was even MORE fog than vanilla, and that's what put me off (that and the lack of screenies stopping me from seeing how pretty it is before I download it). Sorry if I got that wrong, that's just the way I read it.
No worries VacantName

For your information Dynamic Environment is heavily based on Real Environment, with some improvements and several new features. I just hope that in the haste to improve the latter we didn't make it worse
gap is offline   Reply With Quote