SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-11, 04:04 PM   #31
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
I know how to work with the GR2 and sim file in goblin. I load them both. i just cant find anything in unit _submarine that gives me a crash depth value
You know what. Im smoking crack. Crash depth is in the ZON file. Not the sim file. That's why your not finding it. I don't know what possesed me to say sim file.

As a general rule of thumb.

Anything dealing with the shell, the exterior of an object, is in the ZON file.

Anything dealing with the interior of an object, its performance specifications, is in the SIM file.

Hit points, crash depth, crash speed all deal with the exterior of the boat. Has nothing to do with how fast it goes, or how quick it dives, so its in the zon file.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 04:49 PM   #32
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
You know what. Im smoking crack. Crash depth is in the ZON file. Not the sim file. That's why your not finding it. I don't know what possesed me to say sim file.

As a general rule of thumb.

Anything dealing with the shell, the exterior of an object, is in the ZON file.

Anything dealing with the interior of an object, its performance specifications, is in the SIM file.

Hit points, crash depth, crash speed all deal with the exterior of the boat. Has nothing to do with how fast it goes, or how quick it dives, so its in the zon file.
Well lay of that crack pipe my friend! However i allready checked the ZON file and i must be under the influance of LSD but there is nothing that has to do with max depth or crush depth. Only crash depth which is set to 285 meters. I just dont understand. When i crash dive i never go to 285 meters , but i might be set to 285 to make sure you keep diving or something. It has nothing to do with max depth otherwise i would be able to dive down to 285 meters.

I did find out thow that the depth charges are leathal under 150 or 160 meters in december 1941/1942. Its just a historical thing that the devs DID do right. But now i,m but not able to go deeper then 200 meters to try to evade those now deadly depthcharges.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 04:58 PM   #33
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
But now i,m but not able to go deeper then 200 meters to try to evade those now deadly depthcharges.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 07:55 PM   #34
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Only crash depth which is set to 285 meters. I just dont understand. When i crash dive i never go to 285 meters
As I said (correctly ) earlier in this thread. The variable is not listed as "crush". It is listed as "Crash".

Crash Depth IS your crush depth. It is NOT listed in meters. The number you see there is Depth in meters that crush damage will begin to be applied, multiplied by 1.3 or 1.4.

In other words, to set your crush depth, take your wanted depth in meters, multiply it by 1.3 or 1.4 (I forget), and enter the result into your crash depth.

Crash Speed is the rate at which crush damage is applied to your sub. The value you enter here is what is subtracted from the subs total hit points, per second.

For example for a slow crush, you can enter 0.5 or 1. That means 1/2 a hit point, or 1 hitpoint is deducted every second. If your total hit points is 600, this might take awhile... like 10 minutes before all hull integrity is lost and your dead.

For a fast crush, enter a number like 50. Assuming the boat as 300 hit points, the boat will lose all hull integrity in 6 seconds.

EDIT:
Assuming the crash depth multiplier is 1.4 your listed 285 means a crush depth of 203.5 meters.

If the mulitplier is 1.3, it is 219.3 meters.

If your crushing closer to the 203 mark, use the 1.4 variable. If your crushing shallower, (assuming 100% hull integrity) go upward, use say, a multiplier of 1.45 or 1.5

Last edited by Ducimus; 04-12-11 at 08:06 PM.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote