SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-10, 06:35 PM   #31
Vikinger
Captain

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 6

Iam sorry to say that there is to many bugs whit this mod atm.

When i try to click on the speed settings on the normal hud there is hidden buttons that take me to stations that is made for sh4.

It seams the old interface is in the background but whitout icons, but some of the stations are clickable and that leads to 2 different views. example, It took me to the bridge while i was watching the map and the 2 screens overlapped each other so i could se both.

But good thing is. If i can click and get some of the old stuff back its possible to mod out the new hud and in whit the old one.

The hud part you changed is not just about the 3 dials, it gives us most of the old hud also, but its invisible and some parts are clickable.
Old 03-04-10, 06:35 PM   #32
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Someone had mentioned that the old interface is there but hidden, and that seems to be the case. The speed buttons and "center TAI on sub" buttons are covered up and non clickable now. I suppose the speed ones isn't that important since there are dials now, but still.

I guess the choice needs to be made, should this mod replace everything with SH3/4 style buttons or should it add in what's missing while leaving what's there in tact. Personally I think Compass/rudder is vital, Depth is handy, but has some bugs. Speed is completely redundant and I don't see it's usefulness as a dial personally.

At one point I was at periscope depth. I used the depth dial to raise to the surface and I did, but it didn't "register that I'd surfaced" so manning the guns didn't work. I had to use the SH5 "surface" command and after that the men manned the gun.

Last edited by kylania; 03-04-10 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-04-10, 07:24 PM   #33
Galanti
Captain

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinger View Post
Iam sorry to say that there is to many bugs whit this mod atm.

When i try to click on the speed settings on the normal hud there is hidden buttons that take me to stations that is made for sh4.

It seams the old interface is in the background but whitout icons, but some of the stations are clickable and that leads to 2 different views. example, It took me to the bridge while i was watching the map and the 2 screens overlapped each other so i could se both.

But good thing is. If i can click and get some of the old stuff back its possible to mod out the new hud and in whit the old one.

The hud part you changed is not just about the 3 dials, it gives us most of the old hud also, but its invisible and some parts are clickable.

Yep, I'm seeing the same thing, but let's look at this as an opportunity - get rid of the new HUD entirely and go for the old!
Old 03-04-10, 07:35 PM   #34
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Thx DW SH5 is starting to look up.
Old 03-04-10, 08:09 PM   #35
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40

By unlocking the old interface (button is in the left corner BTW) you can adjust and move the chat box. The lack of fuel and battery guages is disturbing, VERY disturbing... I noticed that when I used this mod in combo with the Morale Mod, Engine Sounds Improved and Commands mod as well as No Damn Bubbles etc mods that my realism settings changed so best to use the new mods at the start of a fresh patrol so you can double check your patrol settings.

EDIT: I was looking through the SH4 v1.5 files and did not find a Page layout file, but I did find menu_1024_768. That may be of assistance to people looking to update the GUI... Obviously someone will need to go through the file and update or remove the unnecessary stuff and add in the new "menu" things that are SH5 specific (Crew management page etc).

EDIT 2: Silent Hunter Wolves of Pacific -> Data -> Menu -> Skins -> German -> GUI -> Layout Thats the same directory in SH5 as well with similiar but "new" files. It may be possible to add the old UI back in through those files and replacing them. I can't find a DDS viewer to see if the file is the same or not but if we can find the line in the page layout files we may be able to work on getting the old layout back...

Last edited by UrPeaceKeeper; 03-04-10 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-04-10, 08:24 PM   #36
jlederer
Bosun

Downloads: 47
Default THANK YOU!

Old 03-04-10, 08:40 PM   #37
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Taking a step in the right direction... Ish...

So I tested what happens when you copy and paste the old German Layout stuff over into SH5... thats the result... Step in the "right" direction... ish :P
Old 03-04-10, 08:47 PM   #38
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPeaceKeeper View Post
Taking a step in the right direction... Ish...

So I tested what happens when you copy and paste the old German Layout stuff over into SH5... thats the result... Step in the "right" direction... ish :P
what is this old German layout stuff? Where do you find it?
Old 03-04-10, 08:54 PM   #39
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
what is this old German layout stuff? Where do you find it?
Took it directly from my SH4 folder. Ubisoft is stupid... for MOST of the old .dds files they just changed them to an transparent color (so the game registers it as transparant). The Page layout.ini file calls up these files still but being as they are invisible they dont display. So whoever it was that was wondering if it's killing their frames, it IS. I imagine this type of mass removal of files could be done to streamline the game being as it still has the American folder for all of the .dds files but they are all transparant... Bleh... same with the German UI. If I had time to sift through the page layout .ini we could find out what lines we can remove to remove unnecessary code and we may be able to find what controllers are controlling the old UI layout stuff. It would require lots of cross referencing between the SH4 v1.5 UI file (menu_1024_768.ini) and the SH5 page layout.ini.

And who the heck hired these idiots to name their config files... NO SPACES... grr...........

I tried copying over the SH5 menu file renamed as page layout... crashed to desktop with no error... back to the drawing board.
Old 03-04-10, 08:56 PM   #40
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Great work, keep it up, I will feature this in my review
Old 03-04-10, 08:59 PM   #41
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Took it directly from my SH4 folder. Ubisoft is stupid... for MOST of the old .dds files they just changed them to an transparent color (so the game registers it as transparant). The Page layout.ini file calls up these files still but being as they are invisible they dont display. So whoever it was that was wondering if it's killing their frames, it IS. I imagine this type of mass removal of files could be done to streamline the game being as it still has the American folder for all of the .dds files but they are all transparant... Bleh... same with the German UI. If I had time to sift through the page layout .ini we could find out what lines we can remove to remove unnecessary code and we may be able to find what controllers are controlling the old UI layout stuff. It would require lots of cross referencing between the SH4 v1.5 UI file (menu_1024_768.ini) and the SH5 page layout.ini.

And who the heck hired these idiots to name their config files... NO SPACES... grr...........

I tried copying over the SH5 menu file renamed as page layout... crashed to desktop with no error... back to the drawing board.
thanks for the info. I might be up all night curtailing those page .ini files now so there's only stuff there that we need!
Old 03-04-10, 09:03 PM   #42
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Quote:
thanks for the info. I might be up all night curtailing those page .ini files now so there's only stuff there that we need!
I just started disecting the menu_1024_768 file and comparing it to the page layout file and there are similarities but obviously there are differences. I'm spending more time trying to understand why there is something labeled "Knots" and then "Knots val" Obviously the later is the value of the knots, and the knots is the phrase "Knots" I guess... Somewhere in the [G3F I#] file divisions is the info we need to make the old UI work... There is a lot of crud to go threw and some need removed or "updated" if you will... Like for instance, I dont think that the Crew Management system has the same name or same layout as the old...

We also need someone who worked in one of the Supermods from SH4 to help with the menu buttons. Obviously we dont need the menu buttons from the old UI to be quite the same as we obviously can't jump to stations, but we do need to assign some of them to certain commands we want (depth under keel, etc).
Old 03-04-10, 09:21 PM   #43
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Just glancing through the file I'm not sure how much of the menu_1024_768 file is going to be usefull to us. There has to be more then what is there. A lot of the code dividers (the stuff in the brackets) dont match up exactly... Looking for other files and stuff in the file that is of use, but I'm not holding my breath. It definetly deals with where things are located and what is used, but I'm having a hard time matching up files to locations and dividers to their respective functions....
Old 03-04-10, 09:23 PM   #44
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Just glancing through the file I'm not sure how much of the menu_1024_768 file is going to be usefull to us. There has to be more then what is there. A lot of the code dividers (the stuff in the brackets) dont match up exactly... Looking for other files and stuff in the file that is of use, but I'm not holding my breath. It definetly deals with where things are located and what is used, but I'm having a hard time matching up files to locations and dividers to their respective functions....

you are looking for \data\Menu\Pages. In there contains the rest of the menu_1024_768.ini file. They broke it up into pages.
Old 03-04-10, 09:25 PM   #45
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Quote:
you are looking for \data\Menu\Pages. In there contains the rest of the menu_1024_768.ini file. They broke it up into pages.
You rock, that may have been what I'm looking for :P
Closed Thread