SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-15-08, 10:24 AM   #31
geetrue
Cold War Boomer

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the back up ... prayer is just one of those little faith things people do especially when the plane is going down. You either do or your don't ... so lets not argue about it.

My friend Rocky Malloy was a drug runner back in the early 80's. Not just any drug runner either. He was the captain of a ship that got caught doing a regular dope run out of Mexico to Texas.

He got nabbed in the Gulf of Mexico on his way out still in Mexican waters with 500 pounds of pot. They put him in jail and said he could be there for life. Rocky was single then and he had praying parents, but they didn't even know he was a drug runner or in jail. Three days is all he spent in jail. They came to his cell opened it up and said he was free to go. He said he made it to the border real fast with no money in his pocket and walked across the international border down Brownsville way and then hitched hiked home to Rockport, Texas.

They kept his ship of course lol

Rocky went on to become a missionary in Nicaragua back in 1991 meets a beauitful nurse from Denmark they get married have like four girls and finally a boy move to La Paz in Bolivia and now he's got an offer from the Domican Republic to put his form of teaching school into the system (which comes to about 500,000 books)

Rocky's not a drug runner anymore just a nice man that cares.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...4KY8V_pk2lK63w
Fresh violence in Bolivia stokes civil war fears

Quote:
3 days ago
LA PAZ (AFP) — Deadly clashes in Bolivia Thursday stoked fears of further widespread unrest and possibly even civil war, amid a furor over the expulsion of the US ambassador to the country.

Quote:
The conflict has racial overtones as relatively prosperous regions of the eastern lowlands, where more people are of European descent and mixed-race, are keen to hold on to local resources they see as being pulled away by the impoverished indigenous highlands.
Quote:
In southeast Bolivia, a gas pipeline was blown up Wednesday in what the head of the state energy company YPSL, Santos Ramirez, called a "terrorist attack" by anti-government protesters.
Authorities at the private Franco-Brazilian Transierra company said supply to Brazil had been seriously affected.
Quote:
The US spokesman would not say how the United States might retaliate, adding: "We're at the point of considering all our options regarding our relationship."
The row was playing out against a wider challenge to US influence in Latin America that is, in part, linked to Russia's ties to leftwing nations in the region.
Old 09-15-08, 10:35 AM   #32
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntEater
20.000 Cubans???
Where the hell should they come from?
Cuba, obviously
Old 09-15-08, 12:52 PM   #33
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetrue
Thanks for the back up ... prayer is just one of those little faith things people do especially when the plane is going down. You either do or your don't ... so lets not argue about it.

My friend Rocky Malloy was a drug runner back in the early 80's. Not just any drug runner either. He was the captain of a ship that got caught doing a regular dope run out of Mexico to Texas.

He got nabbed in the Gulf of Mexico on his way out still in Mexican waters with 500 pounds of pot. They put him in jail and said he could be there for life. Rocky was single then and he had praying parents, but they didn't even know he was a drug runner or in jail. Three days is all he spent in jail. They came to his cell opened it up and said he was free to go. He said he made it to the border real fast with no money in his pocket and walked across the international border down Brownsville way and then hitched hiked home to Rockport, Texas.

They kept his ship of course lol

Rocky went on to become a missionary in Nicaragua back in 1991 meets a beauitful nurse from Denmark they get married have like four girls and finally a boy move to La Paz in Bolivia and now he's got an offer from the Domican Republic to put his form of teaching school into the system (which comes to about 500,000 books)

Rocky's not a drug runner anymore just a nice man that cares.
Sounds as if he managed to get the corner while his life still had time. I wish him well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/15/wo...se&oref=slogin
Old 09-15-08, 01:59 PM   #34
geetrue
Cold War Boomer

Thank you Skybird ... saw your name and thought it would wind up being a war of words. You can actually be civil too, uh?

as for the 20,000 cuban troops ... I'm sure thats the word on the ground in La Paz, you know like in street talk. But the troops are probably still on the ground in Venezuela.

There is an emergency meeting scheduled for all leaders of South American countries, today I think: http://www.democracyctr.org/blog/200...al-report.html

Here's Rocky and his wife's bio in case your wondering what kind of missionary he is: http://www.sofministries.com/sof/meettheteam.htm

Quote:
ROCKY J. MALLOY - Co-Founder and President/1990
Personal and Professional data: Born Elisabeth City, NC. October 16, 1954, US Merchant Marine Officer/Captain (1980). School of Evangelism - Horizon Christian Fellowship, San Diego, California (1988) School of Ministry, Abundant Life Christian Center, La Marque, TX (1993) Lic. & Ordained by ALCC (1992/1994) Lic. & Ordained by Victory Fellowship (1998/2000) Lic. & Ordained by Living Word (1999/2001)

JOSKE K. MALLOY - Co-Founder and Vice-President/1990
Personal and Professional data: Born Tanahmerah, Indonesia (Dutch citizen) October 10, 1961, HBOV University (B.S. 1985) Bible School - Abundant Life Christian Center La Marque, TX (1993) Lic. & Ordained by ALCC (1992/1994) Lic. & Ordained by Victory Fellowship (1998/2000)

Ministry History - Before meeting in 1989 in Honduras Rocky served on staff at Horizon Christian Fellowship San Diego, California in the hospitality department, a church of 5000. As the daughter of a missionary couple ministering in Irian Jaya (West Indonesia), Joske was born into the ministry, living the first fourteen years of her life with Stone Age cannibals. She has been active in the ministry ever since.

Rocky and Joske worked on the Honduras/Nicaragua border for one year during the Sandinistas war in the war zone, founded Shield of Faith Ministries Inc. in April 1990 and retuned to the Mosquito Coast of Honduras where they established government clinics for the Indian population, administered medical care, trained midwifes and other health care professionals, vaccinated children, directed a sanitation project, directed a marketing program and coordinated regional childcare while helping to repatriate the Nicaraguan refugees.
Old 09-15-08, 03:37 PM   #35
Biggles
Silent Hunter

I really had no idea that it was so bad down there. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I haven't noticed much on the (swedish) news about it. It's been all about China, Georgia and Black Holes the last weeks.
Old 09-15-08, 03:44 PM   #36
geetrue
Cold War Boomer

I just found this article by accident while searching google to find out if the Democtrcy Center in san francisco was a front for (who knows what).

I didn't find any dirt on them, but take a look at the article and then look at the date ... this sounds like today and it was (8) eight years ago.

source: http://www.commondreams.org/views/100200-104.htm

Quote:
Published on Monday, October 2, 2000
US Drug War At Center Stage In Renewed Bolivian Violence
by Jim Shultz
Dear Readers:
I am sorry to report that, once again, I am writing from a Bolivia in the midst of conflict. A series of national strikes and highway blockades which began two weeks ago has been met with 20,000 government troops using tear gas and live rounds in abundance. At least ten are dead, more than a hundred injured and many jailed. The U.S. State Department has publicly declared its support for the government's actions. Below is my dispatch from Bolivia, which will be circulated to news outlets in the U.S. Monday morning by Pacific News Service. I hope you will share it with others to keep Bolivia in the U.S. public eye. The only help I am asking for at this time is the following. Many of the injured are children, many maimed beyond Bolivian medicine's ability to help them. This includes a six year old girl whose nose and face was decimated Saturday morning by a government tear gas canister.

Jim Shultz
The Democracy Center

Old 09-16-08, 06:42 AM   #37
SS107.9MHz
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntEater
20.000 Cubans???
Where the hell should they come from?
Cuba, obviously, but I'm not sure they have that many regulars left in their army.
Also, I didn't read anything about a "night flight to Angola" style air lift recently, not to mention that Cuba maybe has the capability to airlift some tourists around the island, but certainly not to do such an operation.

Sorry, but that whole thing smells like american right wishful thinking.

Same thought here, I just have bitten my lips. One controversy at a time seemed to be enough.
It's an awfulll wrong turn from miami to Bolivia

Hope you're friend keeps safe Geetrue!