SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-14, 04:06 PM   #31
Den0
Torpedoman

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0
Default I will take the Twin 5"/25 Caliber Deck Gun

Got them mounted on my Balao right now. They are pure evil. Got tired of a Destroyer circling me lastnight so I poped up with the stern pointed at him at flank and let him have about 4 or 5 rounds from just the stern gun and well lets say he didn't like the outcome.

[IMG][/IMG]

That was just one
Old 05-10-14, 12:12 AM   #32
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Downloads: 129
Q?

Thank you for demonstrating modding/hacking techniques.

Since you are dispensing deck gun wisdom, I have a question. I started a career on a Gar - I'm led to believe there are no bow-guns for Gar & Tambor, so I didn't do the bow-gun-before-leaving-port-or-never workaround. So, my question: Will I ever be able to have a bow gun, on for instance a Gato, later in the war? Or am I stuck with stern guns forever?
Sinkmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 01:59 AM   #33
Snarf
Officer

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 10
Default A:

part of my master deck gun mod will be to make the stock guns all available fore, aft, and double.
Old 05-10-14, 02:40 AM   #34
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Downloads: 129
I look forward to the mod. I expect a fleet boat could briefly exceed 40 knots, with 16" guns. After firing them. Possibly 40 kts straight down lol. I wonder whether the sub could even float the weight of the turret. Maybe with outriggers!

But until then - do you know the answer to my question? Am I stuck with stern guns on all future subs? If so, I am tempted to start a new career - just started this one yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
part of my master deck gun mod will be to make the stock guns all available fore, aft, and double.
Sinkmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 11:10 AM   #35
Snarf
Officer

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 10

Well, I can't really help with that today, I will look into making a patch to allow for the option of bow or stern for all classes (except S-boats), all years. Just needs some modifying of the UPC files to take care of that.

I was actually making a 'Super Gato' and had it doing 60kts on the surface and 30kts submerged, and had the double 6" turrets fore and aft, with 50 torpedoes, and 'robotic reloading' to reload a torpedo in 10 seconds. Then I decided to start the Deck Gun Mod.