SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-26-10, 03:32 AM   #4411
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
that is not a periscope. That is the radio antenna. It will be fully risen at ~ 14m depth and will start to hide at ~23m depth. Check the top of it and you'll see it's a long pointed end - the radio antenna
Thanks for the info, TDW, I was just about to ask to you, how should work normally this antenna, because, by me, it raise when going submerged, but simply never hide, when you go deeper (I dived under 160 meters deep to test).

For you information, I used Single Mission "The Pedestral" with UBoat type VII-C and your mod 4.4.0 Patch 3 for the test, because in my Campaign, I am still in early days, with an UBoat type without this antenna.

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 04:11 AM   #4412
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
wasn't satisfied during testing
If that means EVERY part of GUI can be scrolled out of view and my screen can be clear, that's a marvellous improvement. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaKA001 View Post
The video shows that...
Саша - если не возражаете, просто скажите по русски, я переведу на буржуйский. Но будьте любезны толковать точно и помедленнее.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 04:59 AM   #4413
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaKA001 View Post
You can download:
Here video

What kind of files you have to give? I do not I just changed the look of the interface and it's everything. Can mod any way?
the video shows a known 'problem' that has appeared since switching to the other TDC dials for splitting the AD disc operation and allowing the RAOBF to rotate without TDC manual mode enabled. Since you can still rotate the RAOBF I didn't consider it anything that was game breaking. This is something minor in nature in compared to the gains of being able to split the AD disc and being able to rotate the RAOBF without TDC in manual mode. If enough people find it annoying I can switch the RAOBF back to the other TDC dial for operation but then you would need to have TDC manual mode enabled before being able to rotate the RAOBF.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 05:00 AM   #4414
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSoft View Post
Thanks for the info, TDW, I was just about to ask to you, how should work normally this antenna, because, by me, it raise when going submerged, but simply never hide, when you go deeper (I dived under 160 meters deep to test).

For you information, I used Single Mission "The Pedestral" with UBoat type VII-C and your mod 4.4.0 Patch 3 for the test, because in my Campaign, I am still in early days, with an UBoat type without this antenna.

ACS
it appears one of my mods then doesn't have the correct information in uboat sensors file for this new change. Can you disable everything except the core UI mod and see if it works as intended? It's possibly my IRAI or FX update mod that is causing this problem.
Old 09-26-10, 05:04 AM   #4415
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeliaka View Post
http://imageban.ru/show/2010/09/26/f...b902302b78/jpg
http://i1.imageban.ru/out/2010/09/26/a3277fd33e7b8a2a49b3a539cdcf3cf8.jpg
http://i1.imageban.ru/out/2010/09/26...de6f21d725.jpg

Sorry for my English.
TheDarkWraith Hi, I have the same problem (TAI in the bunker).
And the icons do not work for me either teleportation.
(I work teleportation icons still on deck)
What screen resolution do you use? Did this TAI in bunker problem appear with v4.5.0? Did it work fine in previous versions?

What's wrong with the teleportation icons?
Old 09-26-10, 05:09 AM   #4416
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

SashaKA sent me his questions in Russian by PM. Translation follows:

1. The video shows that when you turn the disc anti-clockwise, you can do it as many times as you want, even 5-10 and more. When you try to turn it clock-wise, it gets stuck at number 4. How to fix that?

2. As to the MiniMap, when I enter the game and enter my periscope station, the MiniMap is very large. Is there any way to make it smaller as shown on the screenshot?
Old 09-26-10, 05:12 AM   #4417
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
SashaKA sent me his questions in Russian by PM. Translation follows:

1. The video shows that when you turn the disc anti-clockwise, you can do it as many times as you want, even 5-10 and more. When you try to turn it clock-wise, it gets stuck at number 4. How to fix that?

2. As to the MiniMap, when I enter the game and enter my periscope station, the MiniMap is very large. Is there any way to make it smaller as shown on the screenshot?
I replied to 1. to him

as for 2. he can set what size the TAI map is when he enters a scope station. There is a user option for this (minimized, TAI mode, or maximized)
Old 09-26-10, 06:11 AM   #4418
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Just launched the game with 4.5. 2 bugs noticed so far:
1. My TAI map is open and cannot be hidden. My default is "don't show TAI map", and then I have it raised (compared to its default position), like on the below screenshot. If I switch it to "show TAI map", it goes back to its default position. Even if I minimize it, the buttons for Mini_map are still visible, even if all the other GUI elements are out of the screen.

2. Game doesn't remember to keep the bottom bar compass open anymore. After launching the game it was closed. EDIT2: After I saved my game with compass open and restarted the game the compass was open. So it seems the issue is only valid for first game launch after transition to 4.5 version.

EDIT:
3. A request: Could you make bottom-left bar appear also when mouse over the bottom part of left screen edge (not only if mouse over left part of bottom edge?)? This is for plotting on Nav Map - after my NavMap tools bar dissapears, I have to go with my coursor all the way down, so that it appears again, and then move it up again to select another tool. It would be easier to get rid of the all-way-down and back-up movements.

Last edited by Abd_von_Mumit; 09-26-10 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-26-10, 06:34 AM   #4419
noeliaka
Nub

Downloads: 116

Quote:
What screen resolution do you use? Did this TAI in bunker problem appear with v4.5.0? Did it work fine in previous versions?

What's wrong with the teleportation icons?
My resolution is 1360x768 (4.4.0 version not failed me.)
Sorry, the icons of teleportation if they work, was my mistake.
The TAI to try to close it stays open in the top left.
The TAI is left open in the bunker (I can minimize it)

Video Error.
noeliaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 07:58 AM   #4420
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57

Quote:
it appears one of my mods then doesn't have the correct information in uboat sensors file for this new change. Can you disable everything except the core UI mod and see if it works as intended? It's possibly my IRAI or FX update mod that is causing this problem.
With the default mod file "UBoot_Sensors.sim" (size: 17161 bytes) it work. But when you use the one included in your optional mod "NewUIs_TDC_4_4_0_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Airc raft_Spotting" (size: 17002 bytes), the antenna do not retract under 24 meters.

REMARK: Apparently, the retraction animation is tied with something I would call "the instantaneous depth". A value which vary with waves. As a result, you can see the antenna "hesitating to retract" (it goes in and out and in and out, etc... all the way the sub reach a suffisant depth that the depth fluctuation can't anymore influence the animation). Is-it not possible to use this depth information to just trigger the deployment/retraction animation ?

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 08:05 AM   #4421
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

There seems to be a problem using this basic mod:
NewUIs_TDC_4_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith
I had the same problem with a previous version 4_0_4, in campaign mode selecting a mission then starting a new patrol all is fine but if I choose to select a patrol without selecting a new mission then the message board remains blank, giving orders or receiving updates such as "ship spotted" doesn't show, weird!! If I disable the mod then it works fine!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 08:22 AM   #4422
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I'll have a patch for v4.5.0 here soon to fix the errors reported. It will even include the fix for an error reported by Sober via PM (actually his error reported applied to everything that can scroll in the new version )
Old 09-26-10, 08:40 AM   #4423
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSoft View Post
REMARK: Apparently, the retraction animation is tied with something I would call "the instantaneous depth". A value which vary with waves. As a result, you can see the antenna "hesitating to retract" (it goes in and out and in and out, etc... all the way the sub reach a suffisant depth that the depth fluctuation can't anymore influence the animation). Is-it not possible to use this depth information to just trigger the deployment/retraction animation ?

ACS
there is no deployment/retraction animation. The antenna is raised/lowered through some trickery (a dial controls it)
Old 09-26-10, 09:11 AM   #4424
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Hi TDW

With v4.5.0 there are some test nav files and automations within.
The nav file KielCanalOutbound and the auto file Kiel are preventing the Harbour Pilot from loading correctly.

2 are missing.

When I remove them prior to install, all works well.

Any chance you can take them out.
Thanks
Old 09-26-10, 09:41 AM   #4425
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Hi TDW

With v4.5.0 there are some test nav files and automations within.
The nav file KielCanalOutbound and the auto file Kiel are preventing the Harbour Pilot from loading correctly.

2 are missing.

When I remove them prior to install, all works well.

Any chance you can take them out.
Thanks
oh yeah I was testing you problem.....will take them out

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui