SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-23-10, 07:42 AM   #4336
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
well there's two sides to this. It can be moveable but requires keys to do so and thus wouldn't move unless you used the right key combination. This allows those to move it that want to and allows it to be fixed for those that want it fixed. I'm going to enable it to be movable by the key combination of Ctrl + heading bar keys (default Q and E). Adding shift to the key combination will increase the rotation rate.

The front side compass rose has been unlinked from the sub's current heading. It requires the key combination of Ctrl + heading bar keys (default Q & E) to rotate it. Adding shift to the key combination will increase the rotation rate.
No, No, No, mouse and the current mouse, or a choice of keyboard or mouse, or both, and then
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 07:44 AM   #4337
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaKA001 View Post
No, No, No, mouse and the current mouse, or a choice of keyboard or mouse, or both, and then
wish it could be possible to rotate the compass rose with mouse but it's not. There's too many overlapping images to make this happen already. It's either keyboard to control it or linking it to bearing TDC dial. You all decide here quick cause I'll be finishing up the patch here soon.

Backside will be moveable as stated. The key combination changed though from Ctrl + heading bar keys to Alt + Heading bar keys. Ctrl was just too clumsy to use while pressing the heading bar keys.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 07:50 AM   #4338
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
Backside will be moveable as stated. The key combination changed though from Ctrl + heading bar keys to Alt + Heading bar keys. Ctrl was just too clumsy to use while pressing the heading bar keys.
ок
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 07:56 AM   #4339
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

using alt + another key causes the 'bell' of the computer to sound. Very annoying. Looks like it's back to Ctrl + keys....
Old 09-23-10, 08:08 AM   #4340
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57

Just discovered a problem with RAOBF:

When RAOBF is ON, some buttons of the TDC, like for example the red "Fire" button, do not work anymore, even if they are visible.

It is probably all TDC buttons overlapped by the RAOBF bitmap.

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 09:03 AM   #4341
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSoft View Post
Just discovered a problem with RAOBF:

When RAOBF is ON, some buttons of the TDC, like for example the red "Fire" button, do not work anymore, even if they are visible.

It is probably all TDC buttons overlapped by the RAOBF bitmap.

ACS
you are correct. Trying to fix it now
Old 09-23-10, 09:49 AM   #4342
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

version 4.4.0 patch 1 available here: http://www.filefront.com/17313596/Ne...4-0-patch1.7z/

This patch contains the following fixes:

- from input from DrJones I was able to make the Attack Disc's discs independently controlled. The Bearing and Lead Angle disc is no longer linked to the AOB disc
- the Attack disc front side compass rose is no longer linked to the sub's current heading. It is now controlled via keys. The keys are Ctrl + the heading bar keys (default is Q & E). Adding shift to the keypress will cause the compass rose to rotate faster
- the Attack disc back side degrees outer disc is now controlled via keys. The keys are Ctrl + the heading bar keys (default Q & E). Adding shift to the keypress will cause the backside outer disc to rotate faster
- the Attack disc front side bearing and lead angle disc no longer 'jumps' to position when clicked on
- from input from DrJones the operation of the RAOBF has been made more user friendly. Clicking on it no longer makes it 'jump' to the new position
- removed most of sync commands this mod was giving at game start to ensure sync between mod and game
- due to the above the mod no longer suppresses messages from the messagebox at game start
- changed Z order of RAOBF so that it doesn't interfere with any items on the scopes/nav map
- resized the RAOBF inner graticules to match the RAOBF size to prevent interference with any items on the scopes/nav map

Old 09-23-10, 11:01 AM   #4343
ACSoft
Soundman

Many thanks, TDW !!!

ACS
Old 09-23-10, 11:35 AM   #4344
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

forgot to update the U-Jagd add-on mod with the changes from patch 1 thus patch 1.1 released: http://www.filefront.com/17313933/Ne...-patch-1-1.7z/

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 09-23-10 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-23-10, 11:43 AM   #4345
ACSoft
Soundman

Quote:
- changed Z order of RAOBF so that it doesn't interfere with any items on the scopes/nav map
Unfortunately interference is still there:

EDIT: On the Attack Disk, now, how do-you turn the disc "C" (Target disc) ?!?

ACS

Last edited by ACSoft; 09-23-10 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-23-10, 12:07 PM   #4346
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Disc A (Relative bearing) - fixed
Disc B (Compass rose) - Ctrl + heading bar keys (default Q & E keys)
Disc C (Target disc) - mouse draggable - grab the end of pointer
Disc D (Bearing and lead angle) - mouse draggable - grab the inside of the ring
Disc E (Attack course pointer) - heading bar keys (default Q & E keys)

Now the problem reported above about buttons not being able to be pushed is due to screen resolution. The TDC page has a higher Z order (more visible) than the scopes pages. Thus any overlapping of images will render the below unusable. I can't move the TDC page Z order lower because it will cause problems other places.
Old 09-23-10, 02:04 PM   #4347
ACSoft
Soundman

Quote:
Disc A (Relative bearing) - fixed
Disc B (Compass rose) - Ctrl + heading bar keys (default Q & E keys)
Disc C (Target disc) - mouse draggable - grab the end of pointer
Disc D (Bearing and lead angle) - mouse draggable - grab the inside of the ring
Disc E (Attack course pointer) - heading bar keys (default Q & E keys).
OK with A, B, D, E, but in my case, Disc "C" won't move AT ALL. I tried to grab it with the mouse, at the top of the transparent pointer, inside the brown area, but it does not work.

Could it be a question of resolution settings (4:3, not 16:9) ?

Please help.

Quote:
Now the problem reported above about buttons not being able to be pushed is due to screen resolution. The TDC page has a higher Z order (more visible) than the scopes pages. Thus any overlapping of images will render the below unusable. I can't move the TDC page Z order lower because it will cause problems other places.
I see.

But in this case, I wonder if you cannot make a 4:3 version with all RAOBF a bit smaller, so it does not overlap these buttons. If you have a look, you will see it should be perfectly possible to do it (I mean, the size of it will still be acceptable).

ACS
Old 09-23-10, 02:11 PM   #4348
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSoft View Post
OK with A, B, D, E, but in my case, Disc "C" won't move AT ALL. I tried to grab it with the mouse, at the top of the transparent pointer, inside the brown area, but it does not work.

Could it be a question of resolution settings (4:3, not 16:9) ?

Please help.
are you using patch 1.1? Disable all add-on mods and just leave the base UI mod and see if you can't rotate it

EDIT:

is the middle button of the attack disc green? If it's red then yes, you can't rotate it

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 09-23-10 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-23-10, 02:55 PM   #4349
pocatellodave
Engineer

Downloads: 92

I get an unexpected error has occurred(-1) at File Front when trying to download the patch.
pocatellodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 02:57 PM   #4350
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocatellodave View Post
I get an unexpected error has occurred(-1) at File Front when trying to download the patch.
the link here works just fine: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=4356

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui