SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-08, 07:50 AM   #421
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 0

Thanks buddy
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 03:06 PM   #422
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Cool that you are using the map option!

Though this story is practically over, I hope to do something similar or better for the next sim that captivates me like SHIII ..

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-08, 05:52 AM   #423
999-Jay-999
Loader

Downloads: 10

WOW.... never noticed this fine mod before now....

Why why why..

Giving it a go..
Old 05-13-08, 07:51 AM   #424
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

GE, even though you are pretty much finished with this project, I am doing my best to keep it alive and well. As you can see, we may have got another Kaluen( 999-Jay-999)interested in trying it out. With me around, SH3 Gen will never die.
Old 05-13-08, 01:47 PM   #425
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Tuddley3: I wonna squeeze you

It's great to have a user deal with the day-to-day questions, and I would be honoured to have you as my forum man for the next project!

As to Sh3Gen, the main work on this program is done and I dont play SHIII anymore. But the generic approach seems to warrant that it will work with current and future modifications of the game. Hopefully I will find time to wrap some things up which I have done during the last 12 months, maybe I should have done that already. Probably I will make something similar for other games when the time is right. So the fact that some people are finding it useful is a result after all. It has to be more lightweight next time, but the integration of sims with external apps leads to spectactular results and if done with the right tools it's not even that hard.

Cheers

Old 05-14-08, 12:33 PM   #426
Azrael Valedhel
Watch

Downloads: 14

Well, I'm going to try using your project, so it will be in use for some years coming
Old 06-19-08, 12:40 PM   #427
Ivan Putski
Captain

Downloads: 21

GE, just rebuilt my rig, new motherboard ,cpu, video card, and ram. Got it up and running fine SHIII, GWX 2.1, and a ton of mods. Reinstalled SH Gen. 0.7.1, everything is running smooth as silk, no probs at all, excellent my man. Going to install the newer version later. Puts
Old 06-19-08, 07:04 PM   #428
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski
Going to install the newer version later. Puts
You won't be sorry, it's great
Old 06-20-08, 07:02 AM   #429
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Default hey

Never got time to tell that this is a great thing ...
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 01:57 PM   #430
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

thanks to all you guys who posts here from time to time and let me know if it's still working with mods!

To Ivan Putski, you do realize that the last version is 0.8.2 which is also the one that introduced all the map export / gis stuff? You might also like to try the 0.9 beta that I released in this thread, and which allows generating maps completely without savegames / reload and hassle.

Anyway feel free to let me know if something important happens, and use this thread to collect ideas. These days I am more into hardcore strategy games, in fact I hardly play any games at all. But I very much like to keep this idea alive and I hope to begin a new project one day!

Old 06-20-08, 08:21 PM   #431
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7

GlobalExplorer--did I see you on a forum for ageod's ACW--the Blue and the Grey? If not, someone is using your sig!

I am thinking of buying this game and am trying to decide between it and Grigsby's War Between the States. Do you have an opinion as to which is the better game? Can only afford one. Thanks.

BTW, I still use your older version of SH3Gen. Really adds to the atmosphere, even if I did get killed on a harbor recon mission not too long ago!

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-08, 05:43 AM   #432
bert8for3
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 110

Likewise, still using it. For people who haven't, it's a great add-on. I use a lowish accuracy setting to add some flavour to the navmap, and I re-generate now and then during patrols to simulate received intel.
Old 06-21-08, 08:15 AM   #433
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtype Zero
GlobalExplorer--did I see you on a forum for ageod's ACW--the Blue and the Grey? If not, someone is using your sig!

I am thinking of buying this game and am trying to decide between it and Grigsby's War Between the States. Do you have an opinion as to which is the better game? Can only afford one. Thanks.

BTW, I still use your older version of SH3Gen. Really adds to the atmosphere, even if I did get killed on a harbor recon mission not too long ago!
Yes, that's me. Which also answers the questions what I am playing recently. ACW is without doubt the best game I bought in all of 2007. Excellent graphics, excellent AI and a campaign that will go for weeks without ever getting boring. In the 12 months that I own it now, I have only played 4 campaigns USA,CSA,USA(without cheating), currently CSA (without cheating). I recommend it 100% if you are a serious, non casual player.

Make sure to get the demo before you buy it - and give it some time! I found it sucked in the first session, only after some more tries it grew on me. But take time before you make your decision because this is a love / hate game.

http://www.a-acw.com/english/main.html

http://www.ageod.com/forums/index.php

If you like it, there is also Boa2 coming 4th of July but I am still holding back my judgement until I see the campaign.

I now have an eye on Conquest of the Agean. The AI is said to be even better than AACW!!

http://cota.matrixgames.com/

It will be the first time I buy this type of garage game, hopefully I am hardcore enough

Last edited by GlobalExplorer; 06-21-08 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-21-08, 08:57 AM   #434
Gairith
Planesman

Downloads: 4

Works great for me, love the added immersion!

GWX 2.1 - SH3 Commander 3.2 - OLC Ubermod 2.4.2
-
DiD
Gairith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-08, 06:48 PM   #435
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
ACW is without doubt the best game I bought in all of 2007. Excellent graphics, excellent AI and a campaign that will go for weeks without ever getting boring.

If you like it, there is also Boa2 coming 4th of July but I am still holding back my judgement until I see the campaign.
Arrrgghh, now I have three games to consider! Damn you, GlobalExplorer, damn you to h*ll!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously, I am more of a ACW buff than a Revolutionary War fan, but I have to say that BOA2 looks mighty impressive. Another point in Ageod's favor seems to be their commitment to support in their games. Guess I have more thinking to do....

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote