Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-10, 07:11 PM   #421
funkster319
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Missing Subtitles in campaign intro bug

Hi

I started the campaign with german language (installed in custom install) and completed the tuturial (5ship) mission but noticed when arrving back at Keil sub pens that the captain and Bdu officer where speaking german but no subtiltles. Also I couldnt get any missions of them etc.

Well it seems it was a bug - solution exit to main menu and continue campaign. the reload fixes it

Thought I would post as it had my puzzled for a while.

hope it helps someone
Old 03-07-10, 07:13 PM   #422
griffin6062
Nub

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 Issues

Is anyone else having problems with the map, In SH3 and 4 you could zoom in and out, I can't figure out how to do this in SH5. Also not liking how you have to use the mouse to move the map and to move the periscope.
griffin6062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 08:03 PM   #423
THM
Seaman

Downloads: 18

Weather state not saved.

Periscope always extending when switching certain views or reloading game.

Ships running aground almost everywhere. Kiel looks like after an airraid: Burning hulks everywhere.
Destroyers in Scapa Flow ran aground instead of chasing me (maybe they're fleeing...?).

Around 40% of all sunken ships vanished after some seconds when coming to a final rest (meters above the bottom *cough*).

Time accel. reverts to normal time way to late in most cases when under fire/attack etc.

Ships seem to be fire-proof. All ablaze and taking no damage. Still swimming after days and burning...

Water effects on the binoc and the scopes: great - but please not on my eyes! Or make them at least completely blurry and bigger like getting water into the eyes.

Pointing watchcrew: Enemies! There! There! There and there! Oh, there, too. And over there. There. Aaaaand there.
I start feeling paranoid!

Deck gun hits are way over exaggerated: e.g. Hollywood-style explosions towering into the sky when shelling a coastal freighter.

Diesel engines in the game do not rev - only the loudness varies with load!

Disappointed not to see any crew members running around during extreme dive maneuvers nor to see anyone handling the oversized hand wheels on the ceiling for making the sub dive...

Navigation lights on the coning tower where usually removed as soon as war broke out - they were of no use to the subs.

Double click the hatch to enter the sub instead of taking seconds after seconds to align the camera to the ladder j ust to get stuck - IRL watch crews often slid the ladder down when getting attacked.

Flags on most of the ships are too big.

Is anyone besides me missing the ability to rebind keys?

Some would-have-been-nice-to-have stuff:

Missing steam venting/hissing, when attacking older merchants. Crews had to counter boiler explosions due to flooding and most ships had steam pipes running through the funnel area.

Ships from neutral states often steamed along, displaying their lights during night not to get confused with targets (some even painted their nationality markings on the vessel's sides).
THM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 08:25 PM   #424
Bort
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by THM
Weather state not saved.
It seems to me that no state of anything is ever saved. I saved after decimating a convoy where at least 6 ships were on fire and immobile. I planned to come back and finish them off and when I did lo and behold every ship was in perfect condition, not on fire any more and moving at normal speed. This was crushing to me. I thought I had 30k+ tons in the bag but when I came back I got nothing out of it.

GT Aerospace
Bort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 08:39 PM   #425
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

I think UBI should do a recall, this is getting ridiculous!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 08:52 PM   #426
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Default total BS CO2 bug cost me a great career

two things are killing this game completely:

1. The CO2 bug by which - even though you are surfaced - the CO2 aboard the boat continues to rise. i dont know what causes this... im patched to latest version, no mods, no alt tab etc

2. The black screen of random delay - for whatever reason in the pens... or in the boat in ANY COMPARTMENT EXCEPT COMMAND ROOM the screen goes black for several seconds. sounds continue etc... then after several seconds everything fades in from black.

WTF
Old 03-07-10, 08:56 PM   #427
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

If it works the same as it did in SH4, the CO2 bug should go away after a save and reload.

And I'm having problems with #2 - but a small annoyance compared to the time compression bug

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 08:56 PM   #428
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

GR SH4 forums are over there ---->

Oh wait this bug is still in the game?
Old 03-07-10, 09:01 PM   #429
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamWake View Post
GR SH4 forums are over there ---->

Oh wait this bug is still in the game?
LOL

Yeah every bug there ever was in 3 & 4 is still in the game(SH5).

They did a poor job of fixing the old code before adding to it.
Old 03-07-10, 09:06 PM   #430
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisai View Post
Had a bug that my deck gun kept firing while being on periscope depth.

Bet ya blew up a big batch of fish though. Well the deck gun firing under water has to be good for something. Nothing else seems to work right.

Yes I have no SHV today.
Old 03-07-10, 09:19 PM   #431
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Yeah, the first one was a SH4 bug. Although I have not seen that in a long time.

Your second one sounds like a hardware issue.
Old 03-07-10, 09:26 PM   #432
swuboo
Bosun

Downloads: 2

An injury to the XO makes it impossible to order silent running. Why can't the order be conveyed to Number Two in that cirumstance?

And if the XO is so damned injured that he can't relay your wishes about silence, why is he willing to stand there happily chewing the fat about War Being a Matter of Will?
swuboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 09:40 PM   #433
Caal-Shto
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

I've ordered the crew to go periscop depth. I accidentaly closed myself outside. The hatch closed, and the sub started going under water. Fast, i ordered to surface and it did, before going complete under water. The bridge crew appears, but i found myself blocked on the bridge, not managing to open hatch. Had to quit mision.

Sorry for the poor english
Caal-Shto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 09:42 PM   #434
Soviet_Warlord
XO

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
2. The black screen of random delay - for whatever reason in the pens... or in the boat in ANY COMPARTMENT EXCEPT COMMAND ROOM the screen goes black for several seconds. sounds continue etc... then after several seconds everything fades in from black.
I'm getting this one too. Whenever I switch to external view, it starts out black and then the colours rapidly fade in. I've got a Nvidia GTX 260 Core 216, running the latest stable drivers.
Old 03-07-10, 09:57 PM   #435
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

I'm still getting the "lost voices" thing which basically makes half the game unplayable? Anyone else get this?

No voice response to commands like speed changes and course corrections. Depth under keel pings, but no voice. No informational information appears on the message log including things like depth and command response.

Basically it's like playing deaf, which is difficult.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote