SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-20, 01:58 PM   #4276
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Only thing I'm a little worried about is the opening of the Danish society-which I think happened to fast.

I live on an island who gets it's economy from turist-most Germans, Swedes, Norwegians and Danes.

Our busses is filled as herring in a barrel and people are gathering very close.

The Danish government have increased the number of how many can gathered from 10 to 50.

I would not be surprised if the R0 goes up here in Denmark.

From a news program some month ago, before opening face 2 they showed a picture of some diagram-here the viewer could see the difference between income and risk of infection
(from memory)
Those section of the society who would earn most by opening was those who was allowed to open in face two. Some of these had also the highest risk of infection.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 03:31 PM   #4277
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Houston hospitals completely overwhelmed, lost:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...id-19-n1233430

This is why we do all these things to keep infections low: masks, social distancing, hygiene; this is why we try to flatten the curve, distribute infections over longer time instead of havign too many in too short a time: to not see our hospitals being overwhelmed like this.

And then some coldblooded psychopath comes along and ruins it all with his criminal tongue and brutal egoism. And some plebs still cheer. Shame on them, shame, shame, shame! They all have blood on their hands.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-10-20 at 07:10 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 07:13 PM   #4278
Skybird
Soaring

Trump, as well as Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro and Russia's Vladimir Putin, must have felt his ears burning when the German Chancellor demolished their approaches to the coronavirus in a speech Thursday. "As we are experiencing firsthand, you cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation any more than you can fight it with hate or incitement to hatred," Merkel said. "The limits of populism and denial of basic truths are being laid bare."

------------

The long way home
https://www.bbc.com/news/53193835

Last edited by Skybird; 07-10-20 at 07:23 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 04:35 AM   #4279
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The US recorded 63,643 new cases on Friday and experts fear there will soon be a spike in deaths.

Belgium has made the wearing of masks compulsory in shops, cinemas and other indoor settings.

It is understood the UK government is looking at whether to make face coverings compulsory in shops in England.

France has officially come out its state of 'health emergency'

India has seen another big spike in infections, rising to over 820,000

Globally the number of cases has passed 12.5 million with more than 560,000 deaths.

The head of the World Health Organization has called for an aggressive approach to fight the virus.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 05:42 AM   #4280
Skybird
Soaring

CEO of German biotech company Biontech says even if there will be vaccines, global population will take up to 10 years before immunization levels of 90% has been reached by vaccines or infections.

Biontech hopes to have a vaccine ready by the end of this year. They are already producing for stockpiling. Phase 3 of their testing trials is about to begin.

Problem I conclude on from readings of the past two weeks is that me might not need just one, but several vaccines.

I read suspiciously little about the the feared paradox reinforcement effect that earlier was described to be a problem with antibodies to this virus. This effect, demonstrated to be a real threat in other virusses like Dengue fever for example, cause a paradox effect of antibodioes formed up in reacitron to an vaccine exposition. If the varrie rif these antibodies later meets the lviing viorus int he wild and gets ifnected, these antibodies then do not battle the virus, but "paradoxically" helpt it, increasing the severity of the overall ifneciton drsamatically this way. Seasonal flu shots are under suspciipon of beign haunte dby this effect, too. It may explain why some people who get their first flu shot ever in their life, become ill quickly and then suffer an unusually tough form of the flu.

I am not generally anti vaccines, by far not, but one has to know it all , not just the positives. Usually I see it as a weighing of positives versus the negatives, and a general risk assessment.The politically correct narration is that every form of vaccination under all circumstances is always popsitive. Thats simple it is not. That it isn not you cna already see in the fact that vaccination strerngths get doesed dependign on yoru age, the older you are, the less potent the flu shot is that you get: down to less than 50% of what a healthy strong adult in his best years may get. The growing risk gets balanced against the hoped-for gains.
Old 07-11-20, 08:30 AM   #4281
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-11-20, 08:36 AM   #4282
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-11-20, 08:38 AM   #4283
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-11-20, 10:47 AM   #4284
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-11-20, 11:40 AM   #4285
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quick (strange) thought

How long do you think this thread will last?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 01:10 PM   #4286
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Until the last of us drops dead from the 5th time mutated virus in a dreary post apocalyptic wold.

Why do you think the thread is going to end?
Old 07-11-20, 01:50 PM   #4287
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Until the last of us drops dead from the 5th time mutated virus in a dreary post apocalyptic wold.

I told you it was a strange thought ... Makes one wonder, uh?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 01:57 PM   #4288
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Quick (strange) thought

Post release Fallout 7 or 8, I assume. Artificial intelligence-enriched virusses with nuclear teflon-anti-vaccine plating will then take over forum moderation and deny membership to evertyhing walking on two legs: their life membership then will be terminated.
Old 07-11-20, 03:12 PM   #4289
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon12 Move over Halleys comet

Quote:
Quick (strange) thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

Quote:
I told you it was a strange thought ... Makes one wonder, uh?
Now that we're all on the same wavelength: MODERATOR :please conjoin both threds: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2551078&postcount=1
No need to wait for a comet; Mother Nature has taken command of the situation and will reduce earth's population waaaaay down from 8,000,000,000 of which 1,400,000,000 are voracious Chinese seeking global domination....Tibet's takeover in '59 was only the beginning!!In addition to which, Black death,
Avian Flu, and Swine-flu are currently causing problems in China along side the Covid 19 issue....Throw in the Global warming...and the nuclear clock stands at 100 seconds to midnight: Oh and about the comet: always the harbinger of disaster(since 1066) Comet Neowise just entered the solar system on the 3rd Perhaps in our case, we should call it...Neodumb!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 03:44 PM   #4290
Skybird
Soaring

To the disgust of the Spanish natives, German tourists on Mallorca throw parties in flocks of hundreds, without any social distancing and without wearing masks at all. The picture series on this site shows how it looks like in the Beer Street on the "Ballermann". On TV there was worse to be seen.

https://www.mallorcazeitung.es/multi...allermann.html

In a few days these stupids will return to Germany in significant numbers, and will distribute across all of Germany.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan