SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-22, 12:44 PM   #4246
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

It doesn't change where I wound up, but my first whack was 3,000 points and the second, and last, whack was for 1,000 points.

At that point I figured it was a good time to watch a stream and then take a nap. I was considering pulling out a stealth win but showing up again at 1 AM (my time) just wasn't an option.

I thought the "Brit" crowd had a lock on this one, but then Aktung got his #### in one sock and started cruising. Again..
The take away is that the rest of us need to get together. Then, we'll break Aktung's keyboard.

Good game, again, to all.

ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 01:14 PM   #4247
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

I've struggled a bit deciding on how to distribute the scores to help those players online during quiet periods (my sack time) and it seems to me the best thing has been to award higher scores at those times, with lower scores during the day (here) to keep the 'Brit/Euro Crowd' busy playing catchup

Trouble is, this can create an overlap where people might start inserting matchsticks into their eyelids to grab the big points

Plus this time Catfish was the only European wallah playing
Old 12-24-22, 01:35 PM   #4248
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Icon10

Guaraná and Adult Diapers.

It works every time.

BTW, I'm obviously kidding about the Guaraná and mostly kidding about the Adult Diapers.

Wayyy back in 1984-85 I was in my Junior year of getting my EE degree in college. My junior year was also my Hell Year because I had to pick up 22 credit hours in the first semester and "only" 21 credit hours in the second semester.
It wasn't about maintaining my GPA, it was entirely about Survival.

I got tuned into Guaraná by some friends with exotic tastes and gave it whirl for the two Finals Weeks. Guaraná, as best as I can tell, is still quite legal in North America. It doesn't buzz you out or make you gittery, you just don't need (or want) to sleep. In its powdered form, it tastes a lot like...dirt. So, I learned to mix it with hot water and some instant hot cocoa mix and chug it down every 12-14 hours while I was hitting the books.

WARNING: R.E.M. sleep is a very good thing and it keeps you from going cray-cray. You can't get any R.E.M. sleep if you aren't sleeping at all, so play accordingly.

Last edited by ET2SN; 12-24-22 at 02:46 PM.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 02:15 PM   #4249
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
I was able to post some better numbers this time around as I am sick in bed. I am bored out of my mind as well. The local motorcycle group is doing what is called the " Polar bear " on their motorcycles New Years day, if it isn't snowy or icy. I think it's like a 75 mile run.
GADZOOKS! old man; that's no excuse. El Whacko was quarantined in his bed a few games back; and stiil won the thing as I recollect(Aricept helps) We're getting an 'atmospheric river' of cold rain here all next week-good for the reservoir/drought situation! It's been freezing here as well. But hey:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich
where people might start inserting matchsticks into their eyelids to grab the big points
quit 'letting the cat outta my bag o'trix!'

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 12-24-22 at 02:24 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 04:56 PM   #4250
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Should I get a participation trophy?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 06:32 PM   #4251
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Somebody stole those
Old 12-24-22, 07:23 PM   #4252
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Hi Guys, first up congrats to Aktung, well played and funny pics too

I could only play sporadically cause I'm recovering from an emergency operation....On thursday my time ( I think we're a day ahead in Australia ) I had a CT scan that went horribly wrong. They made me drink 2 litres of water in the waiting room. I told them about my Godzilla Prostate..."You'll be fine".
During the scan they pumped in ( via canular - I hate the bloody things ) some stuff and I had an immediate bad reaction.....

I spent an hour in their toilet trying to URGENTLY pee, hell of a lot of pain. No pee. And in every public toilet on the way home. Nothing, not even a drop.
The paramedics came and straight up to St Vincents ( "Kings Cross ER" tv show fame ). The wonderful staff fast tracked me for urgent treatment ( I could've died from a burst bladder ), drained my bladder via a catheter ( which I've got to wear for about 2 weeks ). The relief was immediate, even though I pee'd all over the bed and floor. I lay there in sheer bliss while the docs and nurses did their stuff. Samples were taken. I see my GP on Tuesday.

I was judged ok to go home, and here I am. Wearing a pee bag with a tube going into my old feller and into my bladder, with an inflated balloon in my bladder keeping it in place.

It's the 4th day now, showering is a hassle ( open wound ), I had a poo , no dramas there . I can hobble around up the street, my appetite's good, not much sleep - discomfort from having a hose in your dick ,
I live by myself but 2 ladies in the building ( a retired English nurse and an German/Aussie girl bring me meals, good stuff too "bangers and mash" salads, ham.

I got a funny feeling not just CW and me are having a rough trot just now.

Merry Christmas guys, sincerely meant I've got a couple of PMs to reply to I better go before I get emotional...

Eisenwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 03:59 AM   #4253
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Crikey, Arnold, it's a near mirror image of what I went through just before last Christmas (which I also spent with a catheter). There's nothing like the fear and discomfort of total urinary retention - especially if you're miles from the nearest help and it's the middle of the night - but even in the ER/A&E room if you're kept waiting even for a short time in this state it's indescribable.

And the blissful relief when they finally get that tube in - even though you're thinking "Well where's all this headed" - it doesn't seem to matter a bit once that thing is in and the discomfort is suddenly gone.

Later you'll probably be seen in the urology clinic as an outpatient for a TWOC - that doesn't stand for "Taking Without Consent", but "Trial Without Catheter" - to get you peeing normally again (which thankfully I am, but it took until October in my case). I'd recommend the use of what they call a "Flip Flow" valve (I think that's the term) instead of carting that bloody bag around strapped to your leg - it's just like the tap on a beer barrel: a short tube pushed onto the end of the catheter which can be just tucked up inside your trolleys (no-one would ever know) and it means you can visit the loo normally to empty your bladder, just when you need to. Ask them about it (it also means you'll have an extra piece of kit for your home brewing hobby later)

Any questions or worries you've got, mate, PM me - even today - that's absolutely no problem coz I do know what you're going through
Old 12-25-22, 04:35 AM   #4254
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Hi Glynn, Merry Christmas. Great Minds think alike.....or suffer alike...I see my GP tomorrow and hopefully I'll get some answers. As a layman I think whatever the CT Scan people pumped into me went straight to my prostate and engorged it immediately.

I saw a Urologist decades ago when I had an embarassing op. I thought he was a jerk. I told the docs and nurses at ER ( all girls - nice too ) and they agreed saying that the opinion around their "Calling" ( not sure of the term ) was that their field of study was what they were. If that makes sense.

The guy in the Urology clinic ( He rang the next day ) sounded a nice guy and hopefully my waterworks will be ok without the tap. Nice tip by the way for Home Brewing...I'll bring you some when I visit

Maybe I should take a few photos and post them here, for educational purposes.

I'll send you a PM.

Old 12-25-22, 05:13 AM   #4255
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

That's encouraging, mate - hopefully it won't after all be a protracted prostate problem (PPP - my own acronym )

Maybe I should start a new thread: "Eichhörnchen's Prostate Clinic" - but they'd need to send me photos for that - I could post the best ones
Old 12-25-22, 05:22 AM   #4256
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Dr Eichhoernchen

( sorry I have no umlaut skills).

Last edited by Eisenwurst; 12-25-22 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-25-22, 05:55 AM   #4257
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenwurst View Post
Dr Eichhornchen

"oe"
Old 12-25-22, 06:00 AM   #4258
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

How to unsuccessfully trying to whack a squirrel.

That is a squirrel rehabber I happened to losely be in contact with some years ago. The squirrel is a (released) hand raised animal.
Old 12-25-22, 06:22 AM   #4259
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenwurst View Post
Dr Eichhoernchen

First you press this "¨/^" thereafter you press "o" like so ö

Markus

My little lovely female cat