Old 02-03-18, 01:43 PM   #4216
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This is pure speculation

If it is true what it says in this Memo, what's going to happen ?

Markus
Dow plunges more than 650 points as selloff roils markets

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...202-story.html
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-03-18, 03:26 PM   #4217
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

McCain is right: This whole show (is it sth different ?), which is currently going on in the West (not only in the US) has only one winner: Putin

And I would add one further winner: China

It's all so ridiculous that I have no words for it...

The western governments and societies are not preparing for the future like in the past. They try to solve current challenges with old recipes (which partly had already not worked then)...The only exception maybe is Macron who at least seems to understand that looking forward is the right answer and not looking back...

Building walls, creating import taxes for washing machines, leaving EU, new crazy parties (AFD in Germany)...that seems to be the maximum creativity achieved by current leaders...well done....we are ready for the 21th century, I would say ^^
Old 02-03-18, 03:30 PM   #4218
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Good thing we don't elect brands then eh?

Selling the "brand" has been going on for a long time...

The big difference now with Trump is the con artist salesman is not the one pushing pushing the candidate: he is the candidate...

<O>
Old 02-03-18, 04:22 PM   #4219
vienna
Navy Seal

I just noticed a lot of mentions of and/or opinions on the Nunes Memo, but no one has actually posted the memo itself, leading me to wonder how many of those expressing views either for or against have actually read the Memo? Of course there are those for whom 'TLDR' is a way of life and there are those who prefer to have 'their own' opinions spoon fed to them by whatever pundit/news source/party organ to which they subscribe, but there may be some who like to formulate their views based on empirical evidence, you know, making up one's own mind based on gathered facts; for those, here is a link to The House Intelligence Committee's posting of the Nunes Memo:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploa...use_letter.pdf

To give the memo a bit of context and elaboration, here are a couple of links for annotated versions of the Nunes Memo:

https://www.politico.com/interactive...ysis/?lo=ap_c2

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...annotated.html

There is no claim made the annotations are the full story or explanation regarding the memo, nor is any claim made for an unbiased representation; the only claim made by me is there is no substitute for an informed, reasoned, and aware judgement based on review of available material from varied sources...

<O>
Old 02-03-18, 05:14 PM   #4220
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I just noticed a lot of mentions of and/or opinions on the Nunes Memo, but no one has actually posted the memo itself, leading me to wonder how many of those expressing views either for or against have actually read the Memo? Of course there are those for whom 'TLDR' is a way of life and there are those who prefer to have 'their own' opinions spoon fed to them by whatever pundit/news source/party organ to which they subscribe, but there may be some who like to formulate their views based on empirical evidence, you know, making up one's own mind based on gathered facts; for those, here is a link to The House Intelligence Committee's posting of the Nunes Memo:
I read the 'memo' just minutes after it was made available. Read it twice, it's only four pages. Frankly it was not a big surprise as most of it is just a summation of what we already knew or suspected. And that is that some very troubling accusations are being made about the Obama administration and the DOJ and the FBI during that administration. It's funny because if the Clinton email 'matter' had never happened, this would look completely different. But the fact that you have some of the same cast of characters involved in both cases makes a person wonder. Not sure what the outcome will be but I suspect that this little drama is just getting started.

Pass the popcorn.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 02-03-18, 06:00 PM   #4221
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I haven't read it. I have more interest in reading ordinary people's argument for and against this memo.

Markus
Old 02-03-18, 07:00 PM   #4222
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I read it, IMO its not about Trump being vindicated or Muellers investigation of Trump. In fact I see it as an entirely separate issue, about abuse of power and corruption at high levels of government.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 02-03-18, 07:55 PM   #4223
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I read it, IMO its not about Trump being vindicated or Muellers investigation of Trump. In fact I see it as an entirely separate issue, about abuse of power and corruption at high levels of government.
I totally agree: Trump and his minions need to be dumped ASAP...

<O>
Old 02-03-18, 08:16 PM   #4224
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Democrats caught in another lie:

Quote:
Adam Schiff, Dianne Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, among seemingly dozens of Democrats, not to mention half the mainstream media, had been warning us for days that the release of the memo authored by Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee would place our national security at grave risk. "Sources and methods" would be revealed. Now that we have seen the memo, it's clear that was an absolutely bald-faced lie of the most obvious sort. Nothing in it impacts national security in the slightest. There's no mention whatsoever of any "sources and methods."
Unless they were lobotomized, those Democrats and their dependable PR team (aka the media) must have realized they were blatantly lying to the American public. Evidently, they didn't care. How're we now supposed to trust what these people say about anything? Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.

Their latest meme is "cherry picking." The memo was cherry-picked and therefore to be ignored. That's like saying a murderer who has a clean driving record and is a good cook is not a murderer. Whatever else happened, the FBI clearly used a slanderous fictional document to get a FISA ruling to surveil Carter Page without telling the court the document was a pack of lies paid for by the Clinton campaign and written by a creepy spy with old-line Soviet connections. And they did it multiple times.

So what was up here below the surface? It can't just be the "evil party" trying to live up to its nickname, although that certainly happened.
It seems this particular lie was a last line of defense — for now — against a coming potential Armageddon for their party. This memo, bad as it is, is apparently only the first of many, a small percentage of what is to come. And the Democrats know it.
https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/demo...e-baldly-memo/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-04-18, 05:48 AM   #4225
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

http://www.hillarybeattrump.org/home...nstrual-cycles

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-04-18, 07:18 AM   #4226
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I totally agree: Trump and his minions need to be dumped ASAP...

<O>

No, it should have been work together and support the presidency from day one.
And though I believe the memo was intended to bring to the publics attention abuse and corruption in high levels of government. It may very well have a huge impact on the current investigation.

edit: I got a feeling however it will suffer the Kaepernick effect.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-04-18 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-05-18, 06:44 PM   #4227
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

From what I have heard the Dem have released some type of counter memo

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=52847337

Markus
Old 02-05-18, 07:26 PM   #4228
vienna
Navy Seal

Yes, the House Intelligence Committee voted unanimously (all DEM and GOP members) to authorize the release of the DEM memo and send it to Trump's desk for final approval; now it all depends on if Trump has the guts to release it to the public or will he try to weasel out by trying to find some spurious reason to halt the release; it would be a high degree of irony if he tried to cite 'national security' as a reason not to release... or maybe he can find some way of blaming Obama or Hillary...

Regarding the claims about the Steele Dossier made in the Nunes Memo, this will give a preview of what may be coming in the DEM Memo:

All the logical holes in the GOP memo about the Trump dossier --

https://qz.com/1197014/all-the-holes...trump-dossier/

<O>
Old 02-05-18, 08:48 PM   #4229
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Ah yes the Counter Memo. The one written by the same people who claimed that releasing the Nunes memo would cause irreparable harm to national security. We all breathlessly wait.
Old 02-05-18, 10:13 PM   #4230
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Bernie Sanders makes noises about running in 2020 and look what happens to the markets. LMAO

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter