Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-18, 10:51 AM   #4201
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I do not buy neither side's arugments and claims here. What I see is a total and complete system failure, caused by intentional and deliberate sabotage of the system both in its practical procedures and idealistic intentions. I also see the demonstration of a fundamental design flaw in the system itself.

I do not think that the American civil society and political entity will ever recover from the damage done in these years. This damage also lives by its own inner dynamic now. It will live on and continue to do damage even if actors would agree to no longer spill oil into already burning fires. Which they never will agree to do anyway.

Trump is not the cause, but a symptom - and a catalysator: due to what he does, and due to his enemies' reactions to him. The process began already years and decades ago. Under and due to Trump however it has been hilarioulsy accelerated in speed and momentum.

The United States of America, as history knew it and as they were designed to be and have been meant, are no more. And they will never return.

In geographically varying variations, the same erosion process can be seen throughout the Western political landscape.
Old 02-02-18, 11:14 AM   #4202
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I believe right after 9-11 one of the arguments against the new warrantless surveillance. Was how easily it could be used by politicians to damage an opponent or gain inside information.
Old 02-02-18, 11:40 AM   #4203
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Well it's Friday already and the memo isn't out yet just the beach being hit with in coming shells: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-a...-memo-release/

Quote:
President Trump on Friday suggested that the FBI and Justice Department have favored Democrats over Republicans in the process that is expected to lead to the release of a Republican memo alleging abuses of a surveillance law. Mr. Trump tweeted that they have "politicized the sacred investigative process" but added that "rank & file are great people."

CBS News' Major Garrett reports that the White House expected to inform Congress probably Friday that Mr. Trump is "okay" with publishing the memo prepared by the Republican staff on the House Intelligence Committee, which is chaired by Rep. Devin Nunes, R-California.
Will the memo be forgotten if Trump has in fact done anything wrong?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-02-18, 01:27 PM   #4204
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Heard about this memo a couples of weeks ago. Read a little about it here in this thread and in other places.

Me, who have not enough knowledge, can't say if it's true or not.
For me it's more interesting to read what ordinary people have to say about this

And there's a different depending if you are pro-trump or anti-trump.

Markus
Old 02-02-18, 03:32 PM   #4205
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Interesting statistic:

Quote:
The language used by President Donald Trump in his first ever State of the Union speech on Tuesday contrasted sharply with the words of former President Barack Obama when he addressed Congress in 2010. According to a transcript of the speech released by CNN, Trump referred to himself in the first person singular 30 times. He said the word “I” 29 times, in addition to adding one “me.”

Obama, when he delivered his first State of the Union, used “some version of ‘I’ or ‘me’ nearly 100 times,” wrote Dan Gainor, the vice president for business and culture at the Media Research Center. In an op-ed for Fox News, Gainor wrote that Obama made these “I” or “me” references nearly four times as often as Trump did. “Obama’s 2010 speech was littered with “I” or a contraction in some form or another — 88 times, with another 10 “me,” Gainor wrote. In one sentence, for example, Obama managed to say the word “I” four times. “But when I ran for president, I promised I wouldn’t just do what was popular, I would do what was necessary,” the then-president said.

There was only one time, meanwhile, when Trump said “I” twice in the same sentence, according to Gainor. As Gainor noted, mainstream media outlets often accuse Trump of having a massive ego. A recent headline from Vanity Fair read, “Will Trump’s ego launch a nuclear war?” Moreover, Politico tried to connect the president’s ego to alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. But if their speeches are any indication, it’s Obama, not Trump, who was obsessed with himself, Gainor suggested. A 2009 study from NewsBusters, a division of the MRC, claimed that in his first 41 speeches as president, Obama mentioned himself 1,198 times.

Trump’s Tuesday address could not have been more different. In addition to limiting his usage of “I” and “me,” Trump made a point of saying the words “we” or “our.” According to The Daily Caller, Trump said “we” 129 times, and “our” 104 times. “As long as we are proud of who we are and what we are fighting for, there is nothing we cannot achieve,” Trump said near the end of his 80-minute long address.

“As long as we have confidence in our values, faith in our citizens, and trust in our God, we will never fail.” “Our families will thrive. Our people will prosper. And our nation will forever be safe and strong and proud and mighty and free,” he added, emphasizing the importance of coming together as Americans and celebrating our shared heritage.
https://www.westernjournal.com/heres...edium=referral

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-02-18, 04:02 PM   #4206
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Que Maxine and Joe to tell their citizen followers 'we' doesnt include them. Sad
Old 02-02-18, 06:12 PM   #4207
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Now we get an edited version of the house version that was approved to be released to the white house

What a joke ... makes Trump look good for what is going to make him look bad ...

We get to hear it all again before the next election ... I'm tired of hearing it now. This is grown men playing politics, which has nothing to do with by the people for the people blah blah

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/b95cdf5...%3A-nunes.html

Quote:
As the White House decided they will release a controversial GOP secret memo. Overnight the leading Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee treated there were matier real changes to the memo currently being reviewed by the White House's legal counsel. Making it different from the one the house committee voted along party lines to release the chairman and architect of the memo congressman Meehan as a spokesman. Responded saying the claim was simply a strange attempt to stop its release.
or achievement

Old 02-02-18, 08:37 PM   #4208
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh man this is getting good.

Quote:
Nunes, who co-wrote the memo with Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), said he didn't want to release the memo, but he had an obligation to the American people when he saw FISA abuse.

"They wouldn't have received a warrant without the dossier," Nunes said. "The dossier was presented to the court as if it was true. The court was not told that the Democrats actually paid for this."

He said it's wrong that the FBI used opposition research -- paid for by the Democratic Party and the Hillary Clinton campaign -- to secure surveillance on at least one Trump associate.

As for allegations about collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, Nunes noted that much of the information in the dossier came from Russian sources.

"So there's clear evidence of collusion with the Russians," Nunes said. "It just happens to be with the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee."
Booooooondoggle!!

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-02-18 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-02-18, 10:03 PM   #4209
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

So if any here used the dossier as a basis for their own arguments against the president. Would that then make them DNC political trolls on Putin's payroll and guilty of colluding with the Russians as well?

Where's the DNC political troll who can answer this?
Old 02-02-18, 10:25 PM   #4210
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
So if any here used the dossier as a basis for their own arguments against the president. Would that then make them DNC political trolls on Putin's payroll and guilty of colluding with the Russians as well?

Where's the DNC political troll who can answer this?
I'm glad you and vinnea can figure it out ... I' m lost now

I will still watch the outcome on the morning talk shows and even CNN, but I sure don't trust them.

PS I respect August too even though he is prejudice for Trump at least this forum is not all one sided
or achievement

Old 02-02-18, 11:04 PM   #4211
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
PS I respect August too even though he is prejudice for Trump at least this forum is not all one sided
Well thank you but for the record I am not prejudiced for Trump. I didn't vote for the guy and only came around to support him as last year progressed because he continues to piss off all the right people.

Old 02-02-18, 11:59 PM   #4212
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well thank you but for the record I am not prejudiced for Trump. I didn't vote for the guy and only came around to support him as last year progressed because he continues to piss off all the right people.
I thought his brand was to piss off everybody.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-03-18, 08:42 AM   #4213
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I'm glad you and vinnea can figure it out ... I' m lost now

I will still watch the outcome on the morning talk shows and even CNN, but I sure don't trust them.

The only thing I've figured out is this whole ordeal has from the get go been nothing but a boondoggle and turned into a shameful display of divisive, embarrassing long live the party politics. I mean really can anyone with an ounce of common sense really blame an outsider like Russia for this debacle?
Old 02-03-18, 12:15 PM   #4214
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This is pure speculation

If it is true what it says in this Memo, what's going to happen ?

Markus
Old 02-03-18, 12:37 PM   #4215
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I thought his brand was to piss off everybody.
Good thing we don't elect brands then eh?

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter