Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/e.../20664998.html

Old 01-15-18, 10:23 PM   #4112
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hahaha - if these two *******s already say so...
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...a-1176510.html

Old 01-15-18, 10:29 PM   #4113
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

https://www.stern.de/politik/ausland...n-7419048.html

Old 01-15-18, 10:31 PM   #4114
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/...d42964786.html

Old 01-15-18, 11:18 PM   #4115
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Some English sites would be nice!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 01-16-18, 04:09 AM   #4116
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

hehe
Old 01-16-18, 04:18 AM   #4117
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The first Uranium One indictment handed down and with a real Russian connection no less. Money laundering and wire fraud.

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...ne-deal-report
I don't think that has anything to do with the Uranium One investigation (isn't it on hold atm?). This investigation seems to have started already under Obama and is about US business figures throwing money at the Russians, not the other way around.
Old 01-16-18, 05:16 AM   #4118
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Thread locked awaiting an editorial decision.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-16-18, 06:03 PM   #4119
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

German-French TV channel ARTE today broadcasted this two-part documentation on why and how Russia/Putin probably has interfered with the US elections.

Trump fans will hate it. Clinton fans will like it, though not as much as Trump fans hate it. To me the story, as it is being told here, makes quite some sense. Putin and Trump get blamed most, but Obama and Clinton get their share, too.

"Putin's Revenge", produced and broadcasted first by PBS:

part 1:

part 2:

Who is PBS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PBS

Who is the film maker Michael Kirk: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kirk

Alternative links to the main film:
http://www.pbs.org/video/putins-revenge-mzz1lp/
http://www.pbs.org/video/putins-reve...rt-two-wpsiq2/
Old 01-16-18, 06:32 PM   #4120
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

The whole matter has gotten even more ridiculous; the White House and the Trump defenders have gone from, at first, not denying to denying to trying to play with the wording ("It was 'house' not 'hole'...) to now using an old Watergate chestnut: over-specificity. During the Watergate investigations and hearing, witnesses (in some cases, persons who would actually become defendants) sought to evade actually answering truthfully or completely by using a high degree of specifics in order to parse the questions as finely as possible and to avoid actually addressing the intent of the questions. There was one witness who took it to a fine degree when he started his answer to a question with "To the best of my knowledge, at that point in time, to the best of my recollection...". College students, during the Watergate investigations, started drinking games where they would take a shot every time one of the above, and other such phrases was uttered...

Earlier today, I heard some White House spokeshole using a variant of the Watergate ploy when answering a press question about Trump's remarks; it went along the lines of 'Trump did not use those terms in regard to a specific country nor did he use the remarks, specifically...'; so, now they are not really denying Trump used the terms, just that he didn't use them specifically...

Somehow, I specifically don't think a specifically rational person would buy that specific excuse...

<O>
Old 01-16-18, 07:09 PM   #4121
vienna
Navy Seal

Confessions of a Trump voter --

http://www.stltoday.com/opinion/colu...56307a4a0.html

<O>
Old 01-16-18, 07:36 PM   #4122
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

From the article....

Quote:
Today, I can’t apologize enough to my fellow Americans who I only sought to protect from the Hillary Clinton crime syndicate with my vote. I was wrought with fear Clinton would steal even more money from us and eventually bankrupt the country. In hindsight, I can’t help but think a Hillary Clinton-run America might very well end up penniless, but we would still have our most important national treasure intact: our dignity.
Dignity or poverty...tough choice.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-16-18, 07:48 PM   #4123
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
From the article....

Dignity or poverty...tough choice.

You mean like the economic mess GOP President GW Bush left behind? Neither poverty nor dignity...

I'd rather be poor and have my dignity, ethics, compassion and morals intact rather than be...

...Trump...

<O>
Old 01-16-18, 08:24 PM   #4124
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

There has been an administration between Bush and Trump. If you can't fix the problem in eight years, how much time does it take? Did things get better or worse under Obama? Would a Clinton administration have made things better or worse?

I'd rather feed my children, make my mortgage payments and send my kids to college than worry about virtue signaling and phony moral outrage. To believe that the current president, of whom I am not a fan of, is any less corrupt that any previous president necessitates a partisan bias. Period.

That guy regrets voting for Trump. How many people regret voting for Hillary?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...oters-n2384155

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-16-18, 09:54 PM   #4125
vienna
Navy Seal

Hmm.. let's see...

GOP President GW Bush fails to enact any sort of viable, common sense economic policy or safeguards against big businesses and bid financial institutions mismanaging and plundering the economy, leading to the worst recession in US history since the Great Depression of 1929, in turn leading to massive layoffs, record unemployment, record bankruptcies, and the most bank failures sine 1929. That is what was handed to his successor, who, in 2009, happened to be Obama; cut forward to 2017: Obama hands over an economy that is solid, with very low unemployment and a fairly high degree of consumer confidence to his successor, who happens to be Trump, giving Trump a distinct advantage Obama, or anyone else who would have succeeded GW Bush, didn't have; so what has Trump done so far?; he has removed most of the safeguards and common sense policies put in place to prevent a repeat of 2008 and he has basically give free reign to the big businesses and big financial institutions to reinstate and expand upon the very practices causing the Great Recession. He's kind of like the guy who manages a bank where the former manager beefed up anti-robbery measures and decides the anti-robbery measures are too 'cumbersome' on the advice of the potential bank robbers...

I don't know; maybe you found the Great Recession enjoyable; in that case, you more than like have a great deal of 'joy' coming your way...

As far as regretting voting for Hillary (whom, BTW, I didn't vote for), the vast majority of Americans really don't give her a second thought; you might not be aware, but Hillary is not in the White House, and that's not "fake news". Its not important in any way how many people regret voting for Hillary; that's all past and done; like the Wicked Witch of the West, she "has no power here". In fact, the only function she currently serves is to be a distracting 'straw man' used by Trump and his minions to deflect from their own failing, idiocies and shortcomings. What she does now o, even, what she did before doesn't really matter in the governance of this country. In the unlikely event Trump survives his first term, in 2020 the question will be what has the GOP and Trump done to better the nation and all the phony finger-pointing at Hillary or any other 'straw man' will not hide the failures. The GOP is already in trouble: their Senate majority has gone from 54-46 to 51-49 in the space of just 2 years and in the House, the GOP already has over 30 of their House members opting to not run again; this, coupled with the fact several of the still running GOP Senate and House members are either facing runs in districts won by Hillary in 2016 or in districts where some of the 'improvements' enacted by the Trump administration, most notably health care, are or will be having negative impacts on those voters lives. But this is what the GOP has thrown in with and there is the old saying: "Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas"...

It is not import how many voters regretted voting for Hillary; if they did vote for her, I don't suspect they'll readily vote for Trump or his minions as an option. What's more important to the GOP is how many of their own voters regret voting for Trump and who they will vote for now in the upcoming mid-terms and, later, in 2020...

EDIT: You should also keep in mind fewer voters voted for Trump than Hillary or the other independent candidates; there's not a lot of a margin for voter loss...

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter