Closed Thread

Old 11-20-16, 11:20 AM   #4051
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
They're hoping they get him to react badly and say something they can use against him. During the debates Clinton and the moderators used the same tactics with some success so they are keeping with that line of attack.
It usually worked. Guy doesn't have a very thick skin, he's going to have to grow one if he wants to last four years.

Fortunately for him though, most of his supporters really don't care.

Old 11-20-16, 11:33 AM   #4052
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Well, to be fair, the cast were calling on the audience to stop booing and respect the guy, and let's also not forget that Pence supported with-holding funds in the Ryan White Care Act from organisations that "celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus" and the lead member of the cast is a homosexual with HIV, so he's probably feeling a little concerned about the future of certain subgroups of Americans rights to existence. There's a lot of fear amongst these subgroups, based upon the rhetoric of Trump during the election campaign.
Hopefully these fears will be unfounded, and hopefully Pence appearing at the theatre is an indication that he is going to attempt to listen and allay some of those fears, but he's going to have to expect a bit of criticism and concern. After all, how many times did Obama get booed when he went to places?
Oh bull. A few boos is a far cry from stopping in the middle of a play so the cast can deliver political demands to a member of the audience. Remember all the fake outrage and hand ringing by the left when a single member of congress called Obama a liar while he was making a speech?

And since when does not wanting to fund someones lifestyle equal taking their right to existence away? Are you implying that homosexuality is dependent on government support?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-20-16, 11:49 AM   #4053
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Are you implying that homosexuality is dependent on government support?
No, but it certainly helps.
Old 11-20-16, 12:00 PM   #4054
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Oh bull. A few boos is a far cry from stopping in the middle of a play so the cast can deliver political demands to a member of the audience.
It wasn't in the middle of the play it was at the end, at the curtain call.
Quote:
"You know, we have a guest in the audience this evening, And Vice President-elect Pence, I see you walking out, but I hope you will hear us just a few more moments. There’s nothing to boo here, ladies and gentlemen. There’s nothing to boo here. We’re all here sharing a story of love. We have a message for you, sir. We hope that you will hear us out.
Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you, and we truly thank you for joining us here at ‘Hamilton: An American Musical.’ We really do. We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us. Again, we truly thank you truly for seeing this show, this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations."
Is this what a demand looks like? Pence didn't seem to think so
Quote:
"I know this is a very disappointing time for people that did not see their candidate win in this national election. I know that this is a very anxious time for some people, And I just want to reassure people that what President-elect Donald Trump said on election night he absolutely meant from the bottom of his heart — he is preparing to be the president of all of the people of the United States of America."
Pence seems to have reacted more maturely than his partner, which bodes well.
Still, the right has been dishing it out for the past eight years, they'll just have to learn to take it too. I remember Obama the Magic Negro, that was fun wasn't it? The Secret Muslim? The man who was once a member of the Black Panthers? The man who wasn't born in America? Well, boots on the other foot now. That's just how it goes. Should it be better than this? Definitely. Is it going to be better than this? Not a chance.
Old 11-20-16, 12:08 PM   #4055
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Still, the right has been dishing it out for the past eight years, they'll just have to learn to take it too. I remember Obama the Magic Negro, that was fun wasn't it? .
I remember that was coined by David Ehrenstein and he is not a member of the Right.
Old 11-20-16, 12:24 PM   #4056
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
... but he's going to have to expect a bit of criticism and concern.
Sorry but in this case it's just bad form and sets up a precedent. Booing of political figures is one thing and to be expected. Delivering a political message to them at a non political event that a person pays to attend is another. What's next...opinion pieces at the end of movies, half time rants by head coaches at sporting events?

Bad form and bad manners.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 11-20-16, 12:39 PM   #4057
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Sorry but in this case it's just bad form and sets up a precedent. Booing of political figures is one thing and to be expected. Delivering a political message to them at a non political event that a person pays to attend is another. What's next...opinion pieces at the end of movies, half time rants by head coaches at sporting events?

Bad form and bad manners.
That's fair.
Old 11-20-16, 01:22 PM   #4058
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I can't believe a major newspaper would call the POTUS elect a baby ...
Huffington Post and major newspaper. Can you use those terms in the same sentence?
Old 11-20-16, 02:57 PM   #4059
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

I think Hamilton will survive the $14 loss in ticket revenue from Republicans refusing to see a Broadway play with a hip-hop soundtrack and an openly gay lead actor.

Old 11-20-16, 03:03 PM   #4060
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
I think Hamilton will survive the $14 loss in ticket revenue from Republicans refusing to see a Broadway play with a hip-hop soundtrack and an openly gay lead actor.

Old 11-20-16, 04:28 PM   #4061
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Had to look back the last 4 years to see who was or is the President of USA-It's Obama, why I had to do this ? Because from all that I have read on the Internet, it looks like it have been Trump who have been the President and are now running for his second turnus.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 11-20-16, 08:04 PM   #4062
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
Yeah the only Republican who ever attended such a play just happened to be the incoming VP and his wife because you know every Republican is anti-gay. Even the Log Cabin Republicans. Even this Republican:

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-20-16, 11:22 PM   #4063
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

and this Republican!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 11-21-16, 08:45 AM   #4064
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

and this Republican: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutherford_B._Hayes

Quote:
In 1876, Hayes was elected president in one of the most contentious elections in national history. He lost the popular vote to Democrat Samuel J. Tilden but he won an intensely disputed electoral college vote after a Congressional commission awarded him twenty contested electoral votes. The result was the Compromise of 1877, in which the Democrats acquiesced to Hayes's election and Hayes ended all U.S. military involvement in Southern politics.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-21-16, 01:39 PM   #4065
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Never forget that the ones who see nothing wrong with accepting around $80 million in contributions to the Clinton Foundation from the nations who also fund ISIS, the nations where homosexuals are killed, having no rights under their societies, are the liberals lecturing Vice President Elect Pence.

It's not likely that criticism from those with such a staggering disconnect from reality would have much credence. Support for Clinton was nothing short of support for bribery meant to cause the execution of the LGBT community who supported her. It was support for the Caliphate of the Islamic Republic, whose aim is to unite the world under the principles of what they consider Sharia.

Sharia is not compatible with the US Constitution or our republican ideals. Sharia would kill the entire LGBT community. That is reality. 80 million reasons. Based on the reality that the liberals were paid to further Sharia, who is more likely to defend LGBT people, Trump or the alternative? The answer is clear. Trump.
Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump