SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-17, 08:16 AM   #391
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Thunderous words. Tweets will follow, no doubt. Get to the real nitty gritty in act and deed - and see South Korea turning into the biggest of blockades. This parading and lamenting and word-shelling impresses nobody. Its more like just whistling in the dark.
Old 09-03-17, 08:22 AM   #392
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thunderous words. Tweets will follow, no doubt. Get to the real nitty gritty in act and deed - and see South Korea turning into the biggest of blockades. This parading and lamenting and word-shelling impresses nobody. Its more like just whistling in the dark.
I tend to agree then start worrying "What if it is for real now"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 09:42 AM   #393
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Nah, North Korea is off the menu now. The US has lost this one, it just hasn't realised it yet, or perhaps it just doesn't want to. Either way Kim Jong-un has achieved what he wanted to, a real deterrent to American actions, and he will never, ever give that up, not when he looks at what happened to the last person to trust America (Gaddafi).
So the US can either adapt to the new state of affairs, or it can start a nuclear war that will kill thousands if not millions. The choice is Donalds.

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 09:44 AM   #394
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You knock our President if he doesn't do anything and you will probably knock our President when he does do something about North Korea being a threat to our national interest and South Korea and Japan and Guam's everyday living arrangement.

It's just a fear game so far ... if we push back then NK will act like they have won and strike a peace deal and continue to stock pile the weapons they need for an all out attack if provoked to do so. Fear and lies and is what they do best.

Take the dude out ... offer a price on his head and drop balloons of information on the lies of NK leader to it's citizens. Make fun of fat boy Kim with pictures and jokes to piss him off and get his people to laugh secretly too ... fight a dirty campaign war not a nuclear war.

What would a few million cell phones cost dropped in by air and set up towers out at sea to provide a way to communicate with the citizens of NK with meaningful dialog.

Don't we have an Army intelligence unit that could do this and save us the time and trouble of a war and what a war would cost. We would have to spend billions of dollars to fight and to provide disaster relieve afterwards anyway.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 10:13 AM   #395
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Fatboy giving 'field advice" on hydrogen bombs. I always wonder what everyone's actually writing in their little books?...who examines the little books? and what the penalty is for not taking good notes? http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40492702

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 11:31 AM   #396
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Nah, North Korea is off the menu now. The US has lost this one, it just hasn't realised it yet, or perhaps it just doesn't want to. Either way Kim Jong-un has achieved what he wanted to, a real deterrent to American actions, and he will never, ever give that up, not when he looks at what happened to the last person to trust America (Gaddafi).
So the US can either adapt to the new state of affairs, or it can start a nuclear war that will kill thousands if not millions. The choice is Donalds.

Welcome back Oberon ...
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 11:36 AM   #397
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Saw and heard a person from some Danish military academy Saying

NK haven't developed nukes/hydrogenbomb to use in an attack against other countries-They know very well what will happen if they do

No country with nukes has attacked another country with nukes
(when he said this-I said loudly-Hey..you forgot Pakistan and India)

If USA and SK does as mentioned, conduct a military strike on NK-The question will be-what next ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 12:49 PM   #398
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If USA and SK does as mentioned, conduct a military strike on NK-The question will be-what next ?

Markus

Pick a major city close to North Korea. It's gone.

Pick a random major city in the US, roll a dice, if it's higher than three, it's gone.

THAAD, AEGIS, GMD. Those are dice, if you're lucky they'll stop some missiles...if you're unlucky then they won't. Does America feel lucky enough to risk the destruction of major cities both at home and abroad? Does it really want to take that gamble?

Roll a dice, maybe you'll be lucky, maybe only a few hundred thousand will die, maybe you won't be lucky.
Old 09-03-17, 01:07 PM   #399
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

As europe sits on its collective butt and complains.

As for this American I do feel lucky. Bring it on. We might lose a few But if the doctrines of old still apply I can assure you we will wipe of the face of the earth the one who fired it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 01:17 PM   #400
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
As europe sits on its collective butt and complains.

As for this American I do feel lucky. Bring it on. We might lose a few But if the doctrines of old still apply I can assure you we will wipe of the face of the earth the one who fired it.
It is a win win for America really, you get to blow up a lot of people and in return you get the ultimate in reduced government and survivalist wet dreams. Especially if China gets involved and brings their arsenal to the fight (which they've said that they will if the US starts the fight).
Old 09-03-17, 02:23 PM   #401
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I'm diggin' that! missed ya man glad to see ya pop for a spell

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 02:26 PM   #402
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Pick a major city close to North Korea. It's gone.

Pick a random major city in the US, roll a dice, if it's higher than three, it's gone.

THAAD, AEGIS, GMD. Those are dice, if you're lucky they'll stop some missiles...if you're unlucky then they won't. Does America feel lucky enough to risk the destruction of major cities both at home and abroad? Does it really want to take that gamble?

Roll a dice, maybe you'll be lucky, maybe only a few hundred thousand will die, maybe you won't be lucky.
Thank you for your answer.

I know that these Air defense type of weapons is not
100 % reliable. I keep on telling this to my other friends, when they write stuff like-Their Patriot or their THAAD can easily take out NK's rocket

What the President in USA and the other guy in SK decide is something we can't do anything about, we can only hope the information Trump gets from his staff will make him take a well thought decision.

Maybe the information Trump gets from his ....security cabinet(forgot the real name for it) makes him think that these system is 100 % reliable. How knows

Markus
Old 09-03-17, 03:34 PM   #403
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Pentagon chief James Mattis says any threat to the US or its allies by North Korea will be met with a "massive military response".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41140621

Drop a ton of food with notes saying want more food over throw that fat bloated pig. That's a idea from a mate of mind, not sure if that idea would work.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 05:01 PM   #404
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41140621

Drop a ton of food with notes saying want more food over throw that fat bloated pig. That's a idea from a mate of mind, not sure if that idea would work.
Maybe not. This could be the best answer to the problem. Do what is needed to start a civil war in NK.

Maybe bombing the civilians with tons of food and propaganda and what else they have to do to start this civil war.

Markus
Old 09-03-17, 05:17 PM   #405
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Another thing. Hearing all these different type of expert on Danish, Swedish and sometimes on German TV I get this picture inside of my head.

A mother is standing with his son(North Korea) and is defending him in front of his teacher(UN) So you accuse my son, what about this rascal(USA) over there and his gang(South Korea and Japan)

I get this feeling that these expert is trying to find a lot of excuses for NK's behaviour against their neighbours

Markus

Tags
korea, north korea