SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-07, 12:59 AM   #391
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio
But I cannot say that this fireball get that big every time, I just played a single mission to test my new skins, when the planes showed up, and while it was not my career I tried the shoot out, and I was amazed by this big fireball. If it stays like this always, I don't know. If yes, then maybe an edit is necessary, if no = sometimes big, sometimes small, then it's cool with me.
Diversity is important!

But I suspect it's in the materials.dat this info lies, so untill RB is back, it stays unclarified, whether it's my edit or his...
Because you edited the zones.cfg file and adjusted the hitpoints you have caused the 'event' to happen sooner. If you search for 'Effectx=yyyy, z' (where x=a number, yyyy=the name of the event in Particles.dat, and z=a number) you'll see the effect (yyyy) that is called for when that zone hits the % damage specified (z).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 01:02 AM   #392
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout
Edit: RB after more than 2 and a half hour of downloading your file seems to be corrupted. I can't unzip/uncompressed it no matter what.
Am I the only one having problem?
the file is a .7z (7-zip) file. You'll need the 7-zip software (or other software that can unzip 7-zip files) to unzip it. Winzip won't do it. Could this be the problem you're having?
Old 12-22-07, 01:33 AM   #393
Redfox11
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

My apologies if I missed something but is this mod compatible with GWX2.0?
Old 12-22-07, 02:27 AM   #394
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

RB is you new link have the patch updated already or do I have to incorperate your gun fix?

Welcome back dude
Old 12-22-07, 05:00 AM   #395
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Welcome back RB must admit I've just enabled the basic RB-2.03 effects, live AI ships with sounds and starshell guns stuff is far to complicated Its a shame it got like that for us less well accomplished with puters,the beauty of previous versions was that you put it in your mods folder ,enabled it and away you went Ah well such is life.
Old 12-22-07, 06:13 AM   #396
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

Welcome back, RB.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 06:19 AM   #397
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Welcome back RB...hope this time you'll stick around!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 07:36 AM   #398
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 51

Welcome back RB!!!
I hope you checked your hotmail. I sent you a msg there.
CapZap
Old 12-22-07, 09:05 AM   #399
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear
Welcome back RB must admit I've just enabled the basic RB-2.03 effects, live AI ships with sounds and starshell guns stuff is far to complicated Its a shame it got like that for us less well accomplished with puters,the beauty of previous versions was that you put it in your mods folder ,enabled it and away you went Ah well such is life.
Nikbear,

If you, or anyone else, would like to 'hear' the new live_AI_ships idea of mine just let me know which ships you'd like setup, which version of the game (sh3 1.4b or GWX 1.03), and what method you want for each ship and I'd be happy to set them up for you. I would like for everyone to enjoy this new idea of mine.
It does take some setting up to do but I kept it as simple as possible. No hex editing involved, only basic editing via notepad or using tweak files
For those of you not interested in the live_AI_ships idea then you have nothing to worry about. Just enable the mod as is just like previous versions to enjoy the new effects.
Old 12-22-07, 09:07 AM   #400
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
RB is you new link have the patch updated already or do I have to incorperate your gun fix?

Welcome back dude
new link at post #1 incorporates the gun fix already For those who downloaded it before the new link (239 of them not counting the mirrors) they'll need the patch for the gun fix.
Old 12-22-07, 09:09 AM   #401
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox11
not yet. They altered the zones.cfg file and added new 'events' which my particles.dat file is missing. It will be made compatible though don't worry!
Old 12-22-07, 09:13 AM   #402
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
not yet. They altered the zones.cfg file and added new 'events' which my particles.dat file is missing. It will be made compatible though don't worry!
I deeply hope so, because your effects are much more better then the "Enhanced" !
Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 09:45 AM   #403
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio
I have counted the extra ships and/or sea units in my installation, and I have more than 100 extra. You spoke something about sending you the extra units, but after reading your text files, maybe I can do some of this work myself.

I see for each ship a xxx.cam file. Are all these customized for each ship?
I think, I'm able to alter all the xxx.eqp files with the extra info, but if the xxx.cam files need to be edited specially, maybe it's best for you to do so!? If then, do you need all files for each ship unit?
Yes, I'd need the \data\Sea\xxxx folders for each ship. If you want to set them up and have me review them that would be great. I'd have to give you my ID naming convention so that the IDs used for the new nodes follow the 'plan' (so we don't have duplicate IDs used - this guarantess originality). Or if you'd like for me to set them up I can do that also. Let me know what is best for you.
CapZap speaks of a TA mod by you? Where can I download this? :hmm:
Old 12-22-07, 11:12 AM   #404
Woof1701
Commodore

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Quote:
RB: in case I don't care for the enhancements in GWX 2.0 at the moment and just want to use your mod. Will it run or may there be problems?
Woof1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 11:15 AM   #405
messenger42
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear
Nikbear,

If you, or anyone else, would like to 'hear' the new live_AI_ships idea of mine just let me know which ships you'd like setup, which version of the game (sh3 1.4b or GWX 1.03), and what method you want for each ship and I'd be happy to set them up for you. I would like for everyone to enjoy this new idea of mine.
It does take some setting up to do but I kept it as simple as possible. No hex editing involved, only basic editing via notepad or using tweak files
For those of you not interested in the live_AI_ships idea then you have nothing to worry about. Just enable the mod as is just like previous versions to enjoy the new effects.
Hi Racerboy, enjoy your mod very much...the main reason for me not playing GWX 2.0. Currently playing GWX 1.03

If you can set up as many of the boats as possible, random method for each ships
that would fine by us.

Thanks
messenger42 is offline   Reply With Quote