SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-29-08, 08:27 AM   #3931
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehiredgun
I recently read a post for someone who is new to GWX 2.1 that said that they had attacked British destroyers before the start of the war ! I 'm not at all being critical , it just that I have never attacked the British till the start of the war! Is it possible to attack the British before the start of the war without getting spanked for it?
You will receive negative renown for sinking neutral ships... and they may try to kill you as sinking ships from a neutral country causes you to become an enemy of that country for 24 hours game-time in SH3.
Even worse than that.....seeing as it's before the war and every country is classed as neutral.....the whole world is against you.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 09:02 AM   #3932
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517
Uploads: 0

Thank You
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 02:58 AM   #3933
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Could someone give me a clue where the information on each U-boats test depth might be located. I have the OLC GUIspecial mod installed and don't see the red lines, although its been ages since I've loaded SH3 and I'm not positive they were there to begin with. Combed over the manual twice and still couldn't find it. Sorry if this issue is further back in the thread, the search revealed nothing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-08, 10:56 AM   #3934
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
Could someone give me a clue where the information on each U-boats test depth might be located. I have the OLC GUIspecial mod installed and don't see the red lines, although its been ages since I've loaded SH3 and I'm not positive they were there to begin with. Combed over the manual twice and still couldn't find it. Sorry if this issue is further back in the thread, the search revealed nothing.

Thanks in advance.
U-boat manufacturers generally only rated U-boat hulls for a depth of 90 meters. (As the only way to truly check crush depth would kill the testers.) Furthermore, crush depth would change over the life of the hull for many reasons. (Wear and tear, damage repairs etc.) For this reason, we do not list the crush depth of the U-boats in GWX. Giving you that information wouldn't be realistic since real U-boat commanders didn't know such things either.

So, our official answer is... Your U-boat hull is rated to a depth of 90 meters.

(You'll have to find out the hard way, mate.)

Besides, knowing such things would kill your immersion factor very quickly and you'd likely get bored very fast as a result.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 11:43 AM   #3935
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012

Thanks in advance.
U-boat manufacturers generally only rated U-boat hulls for a depth of 90 meters. (As the only way to truly check crush depth would kill the testers.) Furthermore, crush depth would change over the life of the hull for many reasons. (Wear and tear, damage repairs etc.) For this reason, we do not list the crush depth of the U-boats in GWX. Giving you that information wouldn't be realistic since real U-boat commanders didn't know such things either.

So, our official answer is... Your U-boat hull is rated to a depth of 90 meters.

(You'll have to find out the hard way, mate.)

Besides, knowing such things would kill your immersion factor very quickly and you'd likely get bored very fast as a result.
Thanks for the answer. Guess I'll just have to play and find out.

The ambient sound knob in the hydrophone....brilliant mate.
Old 10-30-08, 12:12 PM   #3936
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Endless messages

Hi all,
Just started new career in GWX 2.01, it is midnight Aug 31, 39. I begin getting about 10 messages a minute switching base from Konigsberg to Kiel and back again. This has gone on now for 20 minutes. Bdu must be in a total state of confusion.

I'm thinking / wondering if there is a message stack somewhere that is going to fill and cause a crash?

I tried sending a stat report, checking F8 log, didn't help. My radio operator is showing signs of nervous breakdown and exhaustion.
raymond6751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 02:09 PM   #3937
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash
Hey guys, I got a cosmetic problem. The lights in the central of my IXB just go on...and off. On, off, on, off, like somebody messes around with the lightswitch. How could I fix that?

Thanks!
hi Clash,

simply set your particel desity to 100% (you will find this setting in video options), and your fuse is repaired

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 05:52 PM   #3938
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Gotta love Das Boot, makes me wanna go watch it again, maybe it would be a good u-boat refresher course...didn't need one for bow shots though...

I felt if I didn't pop him I was gonna be the dead one, something SH4 dosen't give me!
Old 11-07-08, 11:55 AM   #3939
BigDuke66
Bosun

Downloads: 3

Do I still need the "Armed Trawler CTD fix" when I use 2.1?

What does "GWX 2.1 Misc Fixes + AOTD Ship Fixes" do?
BigDuke66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-08, 12:13 PM   #3940
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke66
Do I still need the "Armed Trawler CTD fix" when I use 2.1?

What does "GWX 2.1 Misc Fixes + AOTD Ship Fixes" do?
Armed trawler fix is in 2.1 so not needed

AOTD-AA-Ship-Schleuse-Bugfix has AOTD maxs German ships replacing stock units for Germany plus Iambecomes AA ships scripted plus the locks from Trainer all in one bundle

Also contains the 2.1 misc fixes so you dont need both
The misc fix fixed a problem with " base changed to " messages early in the war when starting from Konigsberg amongst a couple of other lil issues

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 12:01 PM   #3941
BigDuke66
Bosun

Downloads: 3

Thanks.

A question regarding the Leigh Lights.
Manual say's:
The Leigh Light in GWX
The Leigh Light appears on all Vickers Wellington, PBY Catalina, and Liberator maritime patrol bombers. Leigh Lights are in use from the beginning of the war rather than starting on their historical date due to hardcoded Silent Hunter III restrictions on changing aircraft equipage over the course of the war.

Why not make 2 versions of those planes, one with & one without the Leigh Lights.
As far as I know airbases can be modified(in the cfg file) to use a plane in a specific timeframe. so use the ones without LL early in the war & give the airbases LL versions after april 42.
Wouldn't that work?
BigDuke66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 12:23 PM   #3942
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke66
Thanks.

A question regarding the Leigh Lights.
Manual say's:
The Leigh Light in GWX
The Leigh Light appears on all Vickers Wellington, PBY Catalina, and Liberator maritime patrol bombers. Leigh Lights are in use from the beginning of the war rather than starting on their historical date due to hardcoded Silent Hunter III restrictions on changing aircraft equipage over the course of the war.

Why not make 2 versions of those planes, one with & one without the Leigh Lights.
As far as I know airbases can be modified(in the cfg file) to use a plane in a specific timeframe. so use the ones without LL early in the war & give the airbases LL versions after april 42.
Wouldn't that work?
The temptation to create near-identical clones for vessels and aircraft for all occasions (such as the example you cite) had to be resisted for the simple reason that things could easily spin out of control in relation to release date targets, and limitation of the game engine.

(In many cases we did build such clones... but you have to stop somewhere.)

Load times are long enough, and push the SH3 game engine pretty much as far as we are comfortable with... with every unit added... and every line of campaign code added... load times increase.

Furthermore, GWX is known for its stability. Each new unit has hundreds of hex ID's that must be entirely unique to every other object in the game. The more you add, the harder this becomes to achieve. Failing to maintain unique hex ID's often results in CTD's or graphical errors.

There is a fuzzy grey line that gets passed somewhere in heavy development that causes EVERYTHING to be complicated.

www.thegreywolves.com

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 11-09-08 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-09-08, 12:50 PM   #3943
andrut82
Watch

Downloads: 41

Hi there, I've got a little problem with messages in-game, they all come to me in french... I've read in GWX manual that french fix should do the trick but it didn't...

Here is my list of activated mods :

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modsth9.jpg

Problem no.2 is with Racerboy's SH4 effects for SH3 in GWX
the effects are working, everything is ok BUT each damaged ship produces very loud and annoying sound for period of 1 minute that you can go deaf :/
Anyone had similiar issue with that?(of course I installed this mod according to mod manual in right order).

Last edited by andrut82; 11-09-08 at 12:53 PM.
andrut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 01:11 PM   #3944
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrut82
Hi there, I've got a little problem with messages in-game, they all come to me in french... I've read in GWX manual that french fix should do the trick but it didn't...
If you don't want your messages to be French, simply disable the 'GWX - Fix French' optional mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrut82

Problem no.2 is with Racerboy's SH4 effects for SH3 in GWX
the effects are working, everything is ok BUT each damaged ship produces very loud and annoying sound for period of 1 minute that you can go deaf :/
Anyone had similiar issue with that?(of course I installed this mod according to mod manual in right order).
As mentioned in numerous other posts and locations, Racerboy's SH4 effects for SH3 is NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE with GWX. We recommend that it is not used with GWX.

www.thegreywolves.com

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 11-09-08 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-09-08, 01:34 PM   #3945
andrut82
Watch

Downloads: 41

I understood in manual that I must enable French Fix to have english orders ;P
Shame that Racerboys effect are not compatible...the debris flying all over the place after hits is just wonderfull...;P

BTW, thank you for quick help
andrut82 is offline   Reply With Quote