Closed Thread

Old 11-10-16, 11:29 AM   #3916
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by agathosdaimon View Post
There is little difference between the coming Trump Reign of Terrror and what here Pauline Hanson's One Nation party only dreams of being able to do. USA now gets to have a Pauline Hanson One Nation Party x10000
You haven't been here long enough to know about your opposite numbers. We have had hardcore right-wing members warning us about Obama's "reign of terror" for the past eight years. They are mostly dismissed as partisan shills who don't offer anything real in the way of discussion.

You can argue your case all you like, and you'll get some entertaining arguments back. That's part of the fun of debate on an open forum. That said, as soon as you start throwing out hardcore rhetoric from either side of the political spectrum, and start using phrases like "reign of terror" before the new administration is even in office, you start marginalizing yourself.

Quote:
its pretty much the end of the world, i dont really know how else to describe it - and instead of trying to stave it off.. these dog headed dullards are just choosing instead to put bricks on the accelerator and drive this burning dump truck over the cliff.. and no, we dont get to watch and laugh, we are all on it whether we want to be or not.
That's the kind of thing that's been said by the losing side of every election for the past two hundred years. No, it's not the end of the world. It's not even the end of America. we've survived worse, and we'll survive again.
Old 11-10-16, 11:42 AM   #3917
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

On a more light hearted note:

"Aberdeenshire business owner wins presidential election" from the Buchan Observer.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 11-10-16, 11:52 AM   #3918
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

One thing is for sure, the mainstream media (and alt media as well) are loving this. Now the Presidency of the US has become a reality show, with saturation coverage.

Old 11-10-16, 11:54 AM   #3919
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by agathosdaimon View Post
its pretty much the end of the world, i dont really know how else to describe it - and instead of trying to stave it off.. these dog headed dullards are just choosing instead to put bricks on the accelerator and drive this burning dump truck over the cliff.. and no, we dont get to watch and laugh, we are all on it whether we want to be or not.
That sounds quite familiar, you know why? Because I heard very similar "argumentation" in Tuesday after Tampere city council decided to build light rail.

Yes, you read it correctly: light rail line. That is tram/streetcar which mostly operates on its own right of way. That about 15 kilometres long double tracked rail line triggered similar prophecies of doom and gloom as we are reading right now.
Old 11-10-16, 11:59 AM   #3920
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
One thing is for sure, the mainstream media (and alt media as well) are loving this. Now the Presidency of the US has become a reality show, with saturation coverage.

Yea the media love to milk it good and hard. It will go on and on and on as long as people keep slagging one another off.

Hey here is a idea lets drop it right now and see how long it takes the media to follow.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-10-16, 12:36 PM   #3921
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I should imagine if that happened the world would most likely witness the second US civil war.
Funny you should say that Jim ... of course they would, but that made me think of a prophecy from a gentelman I knew named Dumitru Duduman from Romaina.

He died in 1996 I think ... here's a youtube video about him. The odd thing is that he said America would be in a war in the middle of America (he prophesied this more than once) and that America would burn from a sneak attack by Russia.

If you think I am being like 'chicken little' ... I am not.

Discern and learn or judge and burn. I always say ...
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-10-16, 04:08 PM   #3922
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvald Von Mansee View Post
I know so many of you are gloating disgustingly, but sooner than you think you're going to realize you really, really made a horrible mistake by voting in this guy.

Why don't we wait until Trump actually does something wrong before claiming that anyone made a horrible mistake?
Old 11-10-16, 04:09 PM   #3923
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. Not a chance. They'll fall in line and march like they're told to.
Many states actually have laws that require the elector to vote according to the results of that state's election.
Old 11-10-16, 04:27 PM   #3924
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Many states actually have laws that require the elector to vote according to the results of that state's election.
What kind of consequences there will be if they still choose to do as they please?
Old 11-10-16, 04:31 PM   #3925
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
What kind of consequences there will be if they still choose to do as they please?

That would depend on the state. Since the State's Secretary of State has to certify the vote, perhaps the offending elector would be replaced and a new vote conducted. All depends on how the laws are written by the individual state.
Old 11-10-16, 04:58 PM   #3926
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
It has only happened once I think when someone voted for the VP to replace the elected president. Not sure anything can be done.

https://www.coursehero.com/file/p2r8...s-they-please/

Quote:
29 states have laws implemented to stop electors from voting as they please. • This means that 21 states do not enforce any kind of law upon their electors, which can lead to many unjust votes. • These uncalled for votes can completely mess up an election and change what the public wanted
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-10-16, 05:54 PM   #3927
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

If it changed the outcome of the election it could touch off a civil war. Worst case scenario but a real possibility.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-10-16, 06:29 PM   #3928
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
If it changed the outcome of the election it could touch off a civil war. Worst case scenario but a real possibility.
That's why I asked in another thread if it have ever happened that those electoral(forgot the real name) have changed their vote

´cause I have a feeling about this upcoming election-Which I hope is nothing but a false feeling.

Markus
Old 11-10-16, 06:54 PM   #3929
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

In this century we have had two faithless electors. One in 2004, which may have been a mistake (they voted for the vice president candidate for the president position) and one in in 2000 who decided not to vote for any candidate.

In the 20th century we had a total of 15, with 8 of them occurring in the 1912 election.

But a faithless elector is not always a bad guy. The 8 in the 1912 election changed their vote because the candidate died.

So in actuality, we only had 7 Faithless Electors that actually voted in contrast to whom they were pledged to. Not bad for 100 years.

Almost interesting trivia. The one and only electoral vote for a libertarian presidential candidate was cast by a faithless elector in 1972.

Didja know that an elector even cast a vote for someone not running for President? In 1976, a faithless elector from Washington State cast the one and only vote for Ronald Reagan even though Reagan was not running for the office!
Old 11-10-16, 06:56 PM   #3930
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The Bulgarian Baba Vanga predicted that the 44th president would be the last president of the US. Seen that way Trump can not be certain that he will be inaugurated on January 20th.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...7f94a60e28311c

Mulder, your case.

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump