SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-10, 02:46 AM   #3901
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelanca View Post
This happened to me the other day as well and I followed the instructions as shown below which I got from another guy on the steam forums that had the same problem

1. Uninstall VC++ 2008 Redistributable 9.0.30729.4974.

Hope this helps

OMG...
Thanks for help...

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 04:02 AM   #3902
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430

1) I've tested the version 4.0.0 and everythink works perfectly. Great TDW !!!
2) What is the real name of RAOBF instrument ? Have we a photo ? I try to modify the instrument whith real image (and I condivide it whit You)

Thanks
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 04:18 AM   #3903
Captain Joe
Seaman

Downloads: 563
Problem Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
okay for those of you experiencing problems with the crew dialogs in dock try this and tell me what happens:

http://rapidshare.com/files/41242659...0_0_bugfix1.7z
MD5: A8855CC86E29DDCAA28753CB965A9851

Also when in game at game start (when you're in mission) press the Q key to bring up Automation. Do you see anything listed in it? If every box is blank that will help me figure out what the problem is for those of you that can't get the crew dialog to work in the bunker.

Also with the mod enabled check your \Silent Hunter 5\data folder to see if there's a folder in it named Automation.

I had both problems, I tried all sorts of things till I saw Sobers post no. 3912 and realised what "I" think my and maybe others have as problem. I have moved game from original installed location to another drive where I keep my games. So I remade C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts "and all its contents just in case it looks for something else and it sorted out the Bunker problem as well as the Automation problem.

If anyone is having this problem it could be due to moving the games original position and some files in TDW's Mod is still looking in that location.

BTW Exelent work TDW and all other modders for making SH5 from a flop to one of my most Enjoyable games I play. Please keep it up.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 04:48 AM   #3904
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelanca View Post
This happened to me the other day as well and I followed the instructions as shown below which I got from another guy on the steam forums that had the same problem

1. Uninstall VC++ 2008 Redistributable 9.0.30729.4974.

Hope this helps
I have not this version (only these 2:

), but CtD when i playing SH5.

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 08-13-10 at 05:24 AM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 05:08 AM   #3905
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I take it you have no problems also Antar?

For those of you experiencing problems with the crew dialog box with v4.0.0 here is a test version of v3.9.3 with some parts of v4.0.0 added to it. I'm looking to see if the crew dialog works or not now. This is test version 1: http://www.filefront.com/17195380/Ne...Wraith-tv1.7z/

if test version 1 works then try test version 2: http://www.filefront.com/17195445/Ne...Wraith-tv2.7z/

if test version 2 works then try test version 3: http://www.filefront.com/17195577/Ne...Wraith-tv3.7z/

if test version 3 works then try test version 4: http://www.filefront.com/17195627/Ne...Wraith-tv4.7z/

if test version 4 works then you just used v4.0.1 in its entirety.

Has anyone made it through all 4 test versions?
Yes, but it is a strange.
If I run SH5 for the first time, all seems to be ok, but by the other time if I run it again with this mod, it breaks down or the list of icons that normally should be next to the toolbar overwrites itself in the toolbar.

Example:

I do not know. I had any problems with previous versions (i really love this mod), i installed now only (the only thing I changed by the deactivation of the mods is their order) this version 4.0.0 and now i have many problems with SH5. I´m not saying it´s fault of this mod. I will be grateful for any help.

I use the german verison and the german text in your mod.

My list of mods (except your UI´s mod, of course) - all enabled with older version of Generic Mod Enabler - v2.3.1.132)
:

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 08-13-10 at 05:29 AM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 07:40 AM   #3906
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Yes, but it is a strange.
If I run SH5 for the first time, all seems to be ok, but by the other time if I run it again with this mod, it breaks down or the list of icons that normally should be next to the toolbar overwrites itself in the toolbar.

Example:
so you had the crew dialog problem with v4.0.0 but you were able to use all 4 test versions with no problems? If so, I'm even more puzzled than before. The icon problem is due to the adding of v4.0.0 items into v3.9.3. These test version were just that - test versions to possibly determine why people were having the crew dialog problem.
If everyone is able to make through all 4 test versions then I'll make test version 4 the new v4.0.0 and fix what needs to be fixed in it to be releasable.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 07:43 AM   #3907
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Enabled 4_0_0 and the bug fix and enabled debugging .
Here's what the above is telling me: you don't have a Silent Hunter 5 folder. The mod builds the path to the file it needs by accessing your computer's registry and reading keys. It reads the install path key for Silent Hunter 5 and that is it's base folder. But in your post above, according to your registry, you don't have a Silent Hunter 5 folder.
Old 08-13-10, 07:51 AM   #3908
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joe View Post
If anyone is having this problem it could be due to moving the games original position and some files in TDW's Mod is still looking in that location.
I moved mine too, so that could well be what's up with my installation too. I won't be able to mess with it as I'm not going to be back home until Sunday, <grumble, grumble> but I do think you may just have found the problem.

So, a big tentative thank you. Can't wait to see if it works.
SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 07:56 AM   #3909
Nufsed
Sparky

Downloads: 500

Hi mate, further to that problem with the UI vis a vi when trying to access a new mission and all it says is injured. I uninstalled UI 4.0 and reinstalled Reapers HIDef mod, it all worked fine, I then took a mission and set sail, saved and then reinstalled UI 4.0 it works fine! so it's just when returning to base. I am going to try an earlier version, but to be honest I never had any trouble before UI 4.0.

Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 07:58 AM   #3910
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
I moved mine too, so that could well be what's up with my installation too. I won't be able to mess with it as I'm not going to be back home until Sunday, <grumble, grumble> but I do think you may just have found the problem.

So, a big tentative thank you. Can't wait to see if it works.
There's an underlying problem here though. One should be able to move their game to whatever folder they want whenever they reinstall AND the registry should be updated to reflect this. It appears that the step of updating the registry is not being performed by the installer (.exe file). Sober's post is an excellent example of this.
It appears that the very first time you install the game the installer writes the correct value to your computer's registry. The next time, and it appears every other time, you re-install it doesn't update the registry. So if you move the game to a new folder it's going to cause problems with my mod. Not because I'm looking for specific places for files but because I use the registry to tell me where to find those files - and the registry is wrong.
Old 08-13-10, 08:02 AM   #3911
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufsed View Post
Hi mate, further to that problem with the UI vis a vi when trying to access a new mission and all it says is injured. I uninstalled UI 4.0 and reinstalled Reapers HIDef mod, it all worked fine, I then took a mission and set sail, saved and then reinstalled UI 4.0 it works fine! so it's just when returning to base. I am going to try an earlier version, but to be honest I never had any trouble before UI 4.0.
majority of people don't have any problems with v4.0.0. Some do. I can't put my finger on what the problem is though. Only thing that strikes me now is that maybe v4.0.0 needs to be installed when you are inport? Maybe installing it in mid-patrol is causing the crew dialog problem?
Old 08-13-10, 08:18 AM   #3912
Nufsed
Sparky

Just installed version TDC 3.9.3 and it works perfectly, I'm gonna save in port with 3.9.3 and then install 4.00, I'll let you know what happens

Old 08-13-10, 08:19 AM   #3913
Captain Joe
Seaman

Downloads: 563
Default Did Fault Finding

TDW I did a bit of testing myself last night and cant tell you what the problem but can pinpoint where it is maybe for you. I installed ver 4.0.0 a little bit at a time and eventually installed Scripts\Menu\Page Default Hud and bunker gave the problem of officers being injured, so I knew problem was in there, then I used win merge to see what you changed in it, noticed you changed(added near inbunker this line: " GetAutomation().StopAllScripts()"

I took it out to see what happens and installed ver 4.0.0 without it and could talk to officer in bunker perfectly.

Sorry for just editing your files without your permission but just tried to help. Hope this can help you sort it out as this is first time I have found game not finding my game files.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 08:34 AM   #3914
Nufsed
Sparky

I think Capt jo might have cracked it, I also noticed that the HUD was present in the bunker, and when you click for a new mission it just comes up with the box which says "injured", also the only way to exit is to click on the outside view button, this then allows you to use esc to bring up the exit menu. I'll use 3.9.3 until this is sorted, cheers mate.

Old 08-13-10, 08:35 AM   #3915
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joe View Post
TDW I did a bit of testing myself last night and cant tell you what the problem but can pinpoint where it is maybe for you. I installed ver 4.0.0 a little bit at a time and eventually installed Scripts\Menu\Page Default Hud and bunker gave the problem of officers being injured, so I knew problem was in there, then I used win merge to see what you changed in it, noticed you changed(added near inbunker this line: " GetAutomation().StopAllScripts()"

I took it out to see what happens and installed ver 4.0.0 without it and could talk to officer in bunker perfectly.

Sorry for just editing your files without your permission but just tried to help. Hope this can help you sort it out as this is first time I have found game not finding my game files.
no problem editing the files to help determine cause of problem You may have just figured out the root cause. That function call may be causing problems IF the mod didn't find any automation files at game start Anyways, error handling code should've been placed around that function call by me

Just looked up Dictionary in the MSDN documentation again. I now know why there are problems. The function call of GetAutomation().StopAllScripts() does the following:

- gets a list of all keys contained in the dictionary
- then using those keys it finds the scripts active and tells them to stop

Now from the MSDN documentation:
Getting the value of this property is an O(1) operation.

What this means is that if there are no keys nothing is returned. Well one can not iterate over None - exception is caused by this. So those users that moved their game to a new folder, coupled with registry not updating correctly, coupled my no error checking code on my part results in crew dialog problem At least I know why it's happening now.
I'll have a fix for it soon. Have to do some work today in downtown Chicago but will be home later.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui