SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-02-08, 11:38 AM   #376
Coolhand01
Soundman

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Logitec MX series laser mouse. And it's wireless.
Coolhand01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 01:24 PM   #377
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand01
Logitec MX series laser mouse. And it's wireless.
Darn it... that's way too common to present an issue... The only thing I can suggest is to try to use a different monitor type... like maybe plug and play monitor instead of your monitor-specific one.

Bill
Old 11-02-08, 10:32 PM   #378
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

PM me or post a full resolution screenshot and I can try to sort it out.
Old 11-04-08, 10:19 AM   #379
Stev1
Medic

Downloads: 205

I've downloaded and installed SH4 Speech-voice command and it says that ActivePerl and Active Python are needed, what is activeperl and active python
Stev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 12:31 PM   #380
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev1
I've downloaded and installed SH4 Speech-voice command and it says that ActivePerl and Active Python are needed, what is activeperl and active python
Are you sure this is version 2.x? The leatest versions should have no dependancies on either of those. All you should need to to is unzip it and run the batch file. Some customization of the batch file might be needed, but that's about it.

Bill
Old 11-05-08, 03:57 PM   #381
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Billko is right, the latest version 2.54 does not require those, since it uses compiled executables with everything built-in.

There is no install - you unzip the package and run one of the BATs to start it, that's it.
Old 11-05-08, 04:00 PM   #382
minsc_tdp
XO

Default Scavone

Scavone,

Sorry for my vista comment, I didn't notice your other post where you said you're running XP.

Regarding your win32com error - that's pretty weird. The compiled python script does use win32com (obviously) but I would have thought it would be compiled in and should just work. What might solve the problem is to go ahead and manually install ActivePython and then pywin32 which might overwrite some core system libraries that perhaps this is connecting to.

ActivePython

http://www.activestate.com/store/dow...e-b8d819b7cdbb

PyWin32

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pyw...8&big_mirror=0

Let me know.

Last edited by minsc_tdp; 11-05-08 at 04:00 PM.
minsc_tdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 04:06 PM   #383
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky699
Question is this mod/program compatible with RFB mod and the PE v1.5?
If RFB changes/adds commands, sh4speech probably doesn't directly support it - you would need to modify the CSV files.

The same with PE v. 1.5.

I have neither of these, so I cannot say for certain... Sorry!

Bill
A quick way to determine if a mod is going to screw up your shSpeech is to simply do a search for Commands.cfg in your MODS folder after you drop them in for JSGME. If you find one, you'll want to compare it versus the stock Commands.cfg and see if anything changed.

Personally, I just dumped the RFB commands.cfg file and used the stock one. Seemed to work OK, but who knows what it might have broke that I wasn't aware of.

It's unfortunate that as more time goes by, shSpeech is more and more restricted to being used in stock mode, but as with anything it needs maintenance and there are always inter-mod conflicts. Fortunately the only things that affect shSpeech are things that change Commands.cfg or move any of the controls around, such as Trigger Maru.

Everyone's Commands.cfg file is going to vary so I think the best approach is an shSpeech pre-launch check routine that determines if anything has changed, and if so, shows you which ones, and points you to the right CSV entry so you can match everything up prior to launch (maybe even a wizard so you can do it one at a time and don't have to edit any files.) Anyone feel like writing this?
Old 11-06-08, 10:07 AM   #384
Stev1
Medic

Downloads: 205

Thanks for the information Bilko; Minsc_tdp will try running it without installing both Active Perl and Active Python
Stev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 12:04 PM   #385
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Thanks for the information Bilko; Minsc_tdp will try running it without installing both Active Perl and Active Python
Just make sure it's the latest (2.54 I believe).

Good luck!

Bill
Old 11-09-08, 05:35 PM   #386
bucky699
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

Thanks for the replys guys, i have Pacific Enviros 4 installed and i think it must make some changes as not all my commands are ebing recognised i might use minsc trick and just dump the old stock commands file and see if that helps, the PE mod shoudlnt change too much in the way of controls so hopefully wont lose out on anything.
bucky699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 07:42 PM   #387
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky699
Thanks for the replys guys, i have Pacific Enviros 4 installed and i think it must make some changes as not all my commands are ebing recognised i might use minsc trick and just dump the old stock commands file and see if that helps, the PE mod shoudlnt change too much in the way of controls so hopefully wont lose out on anything.
PE4 shouldn't have anything to do with SH4Speech. :hmm:

Bill
Old 11-13-08, 06:39 PM   #388
havoc
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

CAn sombody help ..
this sounds stupid, but how do i go about changing the rez from 1024x 768 to 1680x1050 in the shspeech-stock.bat file.
as u probably can tell i know nothing about computers and its not all that clear in the instructions u ever get that feeling that the answers going to be really easy . and you going to get that DOH! moment ..
havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 09:53 PM   #389
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc

CAn sombody help ..
this sounds stupid, but how do i go about changing the rez from 1024x 768 to 1680x1050 in the shspeech-stock.bat file.
as u probably can tell i know nothing about computers and its not all that clear in the instructions u ever get that feeling that the answers going to be really easy . and you going to get that DOH! moment ..
Okay, not a problem. Right-click on the icon representing your .bat file. Choose "edit." The file will open up in notepad. Type in the resolution you are playing in (in this case, 1680 x 1050) in place of the 1024 x 768. Click on File --> Save. Then click File --> exit and you're done! Don't forget to enjoy the application.

Bill
Old 11-22-08, 09:10 PM   #390
SinkingDDT
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Any help getting this to work?

I got MS Speech SDK 5.1 downloaded and working, but I can't get this amazing looking program to work. Obviously it would be GREAT, but it would really hook my eight-year-old who is now starting to share my interest in WWII subs.

When I run "sh4speech - stock.bat", I get a MS-DOS screen (?) that ends with "Listening... ." and the cursor blinking below that. What am I missing?

NOT A MODDER OR A COMPUTER MASTER AT ALL!

Any and all appreciated. You modders amaze and shame me.

In the meantime, can you help me?
SinkingDDT is offline   Reply With Quote