SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-02-23, 07:27 AM   #376
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says more than 9,000 people have been killed in the Strip since 7 October.

Israel has bombarded the area with air strikes since Hamas killed more than 1,400 people in Israel, and kidnapped more than 200 others.

Israel's military says it's targeting Hamas infrastructure, including tunnels and rocket launchers, and minimising civilian deaths.

On the ground, five main battles are taking place between Israel and Hamas in the north of the Gaza Strip.

More civilians have reportedly left Gaza via the Rafah crossing today; the UN says more than 400 people did so yesterday.

Responding to a heckler during a speech, US President Joe Biden said there should be a "pause" in fighting to facilitate the release of hostages.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-23, 12:20 PM   #377
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-02-23, 01:00 PM   #378
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Take it for what it is- A pro Israeli newspaper

Quote:
Sixteen years have elapsed since Hamas took control by force of all the government branches and institutions in the Gaza Strip, and either expelled the Fatah operatives or literally threw them off the rooftops. With the support of international aid organizations, and also to a large extent with the indirect support of Israel, Hamas developed into a governmental terrorist organization.
https://www.israelhayom.com/2023/11/...-of-october-7/

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-23, 06:20 PM   #379
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

[NR] As the United Nations and a growing number of left-wing Americans call for a cease-fire in Gaza, Hamas is making it clear that they intend on repeating the kind of massacres they perpetrated on October 7 until Israel ceases to exist.

In an interview on Lebanese television that was captured and translated by MEMRI TV, Hamas official Ghazi Hamad declared, “We must teach Israel a lesson, and we will do this again and again. The Al-Aqsa Flood is just the first time, and there will be a second, a third, a fourth, because we have the determination, the resolve, and the capabilities to fight.”
After he said “the occupation must come to an end,” the interviewer asked him if he was referring to the Gaza Strip (which Israel unilaterally withdrew from in 2005). “No, I am talking about all the Palestinian lands,” he said. When asked to clarify, “Does that mean the annihilation of Israel?” he responded, “Yes, of course.”
The argument that Israel should agree to a cease-fire just as it is in the early stage of its mission to destroy Hamas was bad enough when the implication was that Jews should just suck up what happened without holding the terrorists responsible. But now Hamas is outright saying that they will repeat the atrocities of October 7 — killing 1,400 people ranging from infants to the elderly, raping women, kidnapping hundreds — until Israel no longer exists.
As long as Hamas still exists, calling for a cease-fire is saying Jews should just allow themselves to be continuously slaughtered.
Hamas Official Ghazi Hamad: We Will Repeat the October 7 Attack Time and Again Until Israel Is Annihilated; We Are Victims – Everything We Do Is Justified #Hamas #Gaza #Palestinians pic.twitter.com/kXu3U0BtAP
— MEMRI (@MEMRIReports) November 1, 2023
Old 11-02-23, 06:30 PM   #380
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

Old 11-02-23, 06:54 PM   #381
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

Old 11-03-23, 07:27 AM   #382
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The US's top diplomat has been meeting Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to seek "concrete steps" to minimise harm to civilians in Gaza.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken has reiterated US support for Israel but says everything must be done to protect "civilians caught in the crossfire of Hamas's making"

Earlier, Israel's military said it had "completed the encirclement of Gaza City" and was attacking Hamas infrastructure.

About 100 British nationals are on the list of people approved to leave Gaza today; The family of Scotland's First Minister Humza Yousaf have just been allowed out.

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says more than 9,000 people have been killed in the Strip since 7 October.

Israel began its operation after Hamas killed more than 1,400 people in Israel and kidnapped more than 200 others.

Meanwhile, the leader of Lebanese Islamist group Hezbollah - considered a terrorist group in the UK and US - will speak soon as the group intensifies attacks on Israel from Lebanon.

Israel's military says troops are on "very high alert" along the northern border with Lebanon ahead of the speech.

Old 11-03-23, 07:36 AM   #383
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-03-23, 11:18 AM   #384
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
You're too late; I already referenced "Putins war by distraction" in the Hamas attacks Israel thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
/\...throwing in the ongoing Russian presence in Syria, the offer of Wagner assistance to Hozbollah (in today's WSJ headlines), and the Iranian drone-factory being constructed inside Russia to facilitate the Ukraine war effort, WWIII is well underway...with Taiwan waiting in the wings as a further diversion to 'soak up' the West's military assets against the post
old-war communist have-nots?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-23, 12:35 PM   #385
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said there will be no temporary ceasefire with Hamas in Gaza until all Israeli hostages are released.

He gave a televised address after talks with US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, who's called for humanitarian pauses in the fighting to help protect civilians.

Meanwhile, Israel's army said earlier it was on "very, very high alert" at its border with Lebanon as the leader of Islamist group Hezbollah broke his silence on the war.

In a speech watched by thousands at a Beirut rally, Hassan Nasrallah praised the Hamas attacks on Israel on 7 October, but said they were "100% Palestinian"

Hezbollah - which is backed by Iran and considered a terrorist group in the UK and US - has been intensifying attacks on northern Israel from Lebanon.

Israel has warned of "unimaginable" consequences if Hezbollah joins the Israel-Gaza war.

Old 11-03-23, 12:54 PM   #386
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-03-23, 12:56 PM   #387
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

..."unimaginable consequences" lends credence to my firm belief that Gaza will be the 'Sarajevo shot heard round the world'......and my sig's quote is holding up well!??

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-23, 12:59 PM   #388
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
..."unimaginable consequences" lends credence to my firm belief that Gaza will be the 'Sarajevo shot heard round the world'...
And all the while China sits back watching quietly but well positioned to pick up all the broken pieces.

Old 11-03-23, 01:27 PM   #389
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

The former second-in-command of the Israeli army, Yair Golan, warned Thursday that soldiers in Gaza City should under no circumstances should enter the tunnels. "It would be a huge mistake," said Golan to the Army Channel, where he warned of a bloodbath. 'You don't have to enter the tunnels, either. The wisdom is to find the entrances and seal them off, or throw smoke grenades inside, forcing the enemy to come out. Golan said he was convinced that the army had an answer to the tunnel problem. 'Believe me, they have all the knowledge and resources,' he assured. 'If Hamas stays in the tunnels, the tunnels turn into a death trap.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-23, 01:36 PM   #390
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus