SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-11, 11:00 AM   #376
padrepio
Watch

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
I'm probably talking out of my posterior here but AFAIK, you dont need to click on the rings to bring them down. just hover your mouse over them and they will drop down autonatically,,,,, then you can click and drag the wheels around... but then again I can't even remember how to get my WO to identify the targets!

Rgds

Vermin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo View Post
Try disabling the KEYS-Easy sub control, and then test if it works. If it does work, please take a look in the mods data folder and tell us what files are in there, particularly if there's a menu_1024.ini file in there as this deals with the UI and may be conflicting with MAGUI, causing you to lose the required clickspot.

If that is the issue, it shouldn't be too hard to rectify, probably just a case of merging the two so they incorporate the same info. I've had to do this numerous times on my install...

@Vermin, I use MAGUI F and you do need to click the wheel to bring it up.
Well, this is sorta embarrassing. To access the AOB rings, "manual targeting" in the realism settings SHOULD BE TICKED and not unticked, as what I have erroneously assumed. Please disregard this post of mine. I got it working flawlessly now.

I guess my being a greenhorn at this game really shows.
I've just discovered this gem of a game a few days ago.

@Damo,

I will definitely try that 90 degree shot of yours amigo. But for the meantime, I need to familiarize with the GUI 1st.
And yep, I have disabled KEYS-EASY subcontrolas it was messing up some of the keyboard commands.

Gracias amigos for the inputs!
Old 02-04-11, 11:06 AM   #377
Damo
Captain

Downloads: 248

De nada.

Quote:
Well, this is sorta embarrassing. To access the AOB rings, "manual targeting" in the realism settings SHOULD BE TICKED and not unticked, as what I have erroneously assumed. Please disregard this post of mine. I got it working flawlessly now.

I guess my being a greenhorn at this game really shows.
I've just discovered this gem of a game a few days ago.

LOL, well at least if the Brits catch you you won't be able to give them any sensitive technical information that they can actually use....

The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.
It only took one T1 eel to convince that boat not to float.
Old 02-04-11, 12:03 PM   #378
padrepio
Watch

Quote:
De nada.

LOL, well at least if the Brits catch you you won't be able to give them any sensitive technical information that they can actually use....

haha! Quite right.

When my colleagues at Kriegsmarine learned of my blunde---I mean, "tactical errors", I was ostracized, like I was a leper or something; and everytime I enter a room, s******s and boos would almost always follow.

To end the blight and stigma on my character, I did the only thing left for me to do: die with honor.

And so, at the sounding of the three bells, I quietly left the harbor with my U-boat.

Just 200 kilometers off the Kiel harbor, I ordered the lifeboats lowered. And after having paid my crew handsomely to go home to their wives and children, we boarded the lifeboats, leaving an empty floating submarine behind.

Ten minutes later and a deafening explosion was heard, followed by a huge fireball that mushroomed into the sky. It was a beautiful sight. Luckily, I was able to radio a message to BDU, informing them that we have engaged an enemy convoy comprising of 2 battleships and 3 DDs and successfully sunk all of them. Without mincing words, we added that our U-boat has been critically damaged, is taking water, and is currently on the process of sinking.

~~~

Three days later and I'm back at Kiel. I now sport a beard and a new name. Nobody seem to recognize me anymore, even my colleagues. I just got my new orders. I have been given the command of U-51 and assigned to patrol the AM19 grid off the western coast of Merry England. The entire base is buzzing with news and my heroic last stand is the hottest topic. I (my previous self, I mean) have been posthumously awarded with the Iron Cross and promoted to Captain. There is already a talk of erecting my statue on the center of Berlin, side by side with Der Fuhrer.

Not bad.

And now I'm off to a new adventure. And this time, I am now equipped with a very vital knowledge: how to use the goddamn AOB rings.

Old 02-04-11, 12:21 PM   #379
Damo
Captain

You may not have mastered submarines 100% but you got propaganda down to a fine art....

Old 02-04-11, 04:49 PM   #380
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
Very complete - there must be a million ways now to do the targetting!

Couple of quicj questions though:

1) Is ther some way to get the Watch offcier to identify he ship when it is locked in a scope? He is the one holding my nice Blue Rec Manual for me!

2) Was there some way to click on the ship in the UZO/Periscope and get the correct page of the Rec Manual to open automatically?

Maybe I just confused with older versions or other mods!

Thanks

Vermint
hello Vermin,

for 1: the weapon officer does this job for you.look at his orders.
for 2: yes, where you see the name of ship(after you have identified it) , there clic with your mouse.

bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

I just want to say that your interface mod is simply pure work of art.

Everybody here will simply agree with my statement highly professional work

Sorry if i come late to congratulate you on your fantastic work but i was busy working on a certain mod

Best regards Hans
Ahoy ...Hans ! when i recieving congrats for professionals and persons like you it is always a special pleasure for me ! it gives me the sense that the whole thing worthed...the effort !
thank you very much , Sir

@Padrepio : you should have read the 'read me' texts for the mod (it is also mentioned at first post...look at notes). if you do this first...will save you from waiting answers from here !

@ Damo : thank you

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 02-06-11, 05:51 AM   #381
padrepio
Watch

In Makman's plotting tutorial video, there's a bunch of concentric rings surounding the U-boat in the nav map. And I think it is a very nifty feature.

Am I correct to assume that he's using MaGui? And if he is, how do I enable it? I'm currently using MaGui Final, and that handy feature doesnt seem to be included. Or maybe I just don't know how to enable it.

If it's not part of the Magui mod, what is it called? And where can I download it?

pic below for reference:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-06-11, 06:24 PM   #382
Pappy55
Engineer

Downloads: 173

I fraking love you!.. you moved the fire button..

I should now be able to run in 1080p

SO SAY WE ALL!!!
Old 02-07-11, 08:15 AM   #383
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by padrepio View Post
In Makman's plotting tutorial video, there's a bunch of concentric rings surounding the U-boat in the nav map. And I think it is a very nifty feature.

Am I correct to assume that he's using MaGui? And if he is, how do I enable it? I'm currently using MaGui Final, and that handy feature doesnt seem to be included. Or maybe I just don't know how to enable it.

If it's not part of the Magui mod, what is it called? And where can I download it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hi Padrepio,
navigate in MaGui's .rar and you will find a mini mod called ''FIXED Pato's images'' . that is what you want ....read carefully its readme becuase it is not jsgme ready

bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy55 View Post
I fraking love you!.. you moved the fire button..

I should now be able to run in 1080p

SO SAY WE ALL!!!
i like it that you 'love' me BUT the fire button is years now moved by OLC from his first gui mod !!
SO SAY WE ALL!!!

Old 02-07-11, 10:31 AM   #384
padrepio
Watch

Gracias, amigo makman.

And thank you also for making this mod. It is highly polished and done with great attention to detail. Your mod has made the game more immersive for me.

I am a passionate gamer of Total War and Europa Universalis games but after discovering SH3 and the mods lovingly created by guys like you, I have come to deeply love SH3 as well.
Old 02-07-11, 09:30 PM   #385
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by padrepio View Post
Gracias, amigo makman.

And thank you also for making this mod. It is highly polished and done with great attention to detail. Your mod has made the game more immersive for me.

I am a passionate gamer of Total War and Europa Universalis games but after discovering SH3 and the mods lovingly created by guys like you, I have come to deeply love SH3 as well.
Gracias, amigo Padrepio,too

enjoy it

Old 02-09-11, 01:14 PM   #386
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61

Hello makman,

I have just returned to SH3 for some time far, and I have just seen this new version. First of all congrats, I like it very much! I love it! Thank you very much for it. Really.

On the ohter hand, it seems that I have discovered a "bug". Let's say you have the HUD "on" (so you have not hiden it), and then you go to Captains Log or Radio Messages, or Mission orders. Normally the game hides the HUD in these screens (but it comes back when you go to the map, command room, etc), but with your mod there is a kind of white "shadow" of the interface. I only have your mod installed, that makes me think it is a "bug" (?). Please excuse me if that has been already reported, I have only done a quick review of the last pages.

A screenshot to show:

Last edited by Darkbluesky; 02-09-11 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-10-11, 05:23 PM   #387
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61

Hi makman.

Another thing that i have noticed, is when your mod is enabled we lose the possibility to open tubes by clicking with the mouse on the switches that we can find in the command room, conning tower or in the body of the attack scope. After disabling your mod then I can click on them (I don't have any other mod active, except GWX3).

Is this intended? I would have preferred to keep the possibility to open them by clicking the switches, if you ask me .
Old 02-11-11, 02:36 AM   #388
Damo
Captain

The thing you see when UI is disabled is the overlay that makes the lower interface appear to have a light reflection on it, this is something that bugs me too but I haven't gone in to delete the texture yet, maybe Makman can tell you what texture it is. I'm guessing that to apply this effect to the UI and have it invisible with the rest of the UI would mean applying the required sections to the individual elements of the UI, of which there are many that make up that bottom bar and as this is very time consuming, adding just one big overlay to the whole picture was an easier and quicker option.

With the torpedo tubes I have this same issue but again I haven't attempted to rectify it yet (I'm trying to play here, spent too long already merging/editing mods!!). Again I'm guessing that it's a missing line in the menu_1024.ini regarding clickspots for the switches that need to be added back in. Problem is, this file has been altered so much from the original it's very hard to track it down, even using Winmerge. I will do it, just not right now seeing as it's not a 'gamebreaker'.

Old 02-11-11, 08:55 AM   #389
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbluesky View Post
Hello makman,

I have just returned to SH3 for some time far, and I have just seen this new version. First of all congrats, I like it very much! I love it! Thank you very much for it. Really.

On the ohter hand, it seems that I have discovered a "bug". Let's say you have the HUD "on" (so you have not hiden it), and then you go to Captains Log or Radio Messages, or Mission orders. Normally the game hides the HUD in these screens (but it comes back when you go to the map, command room, etc), but with your mod there is a kind of white "shadow" of the interface. I only have your mod installed, that makes me think it is a "bug" (?). Please excuse me if that has been already reported, I have only done a quick review of the last pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbluesky View Post
Hi makman.

Another thing that i have noticed, is when your mod is enabled we lose the possibility to open tubes by clicking with the mouse on the switches that we can find in the command room, conning tower or in the body of the attack scope. After disabling your mod then I can click on them (I don't have any other mod active, except GWX3).

Is this intended? I would have preferred to keep the possibility to open them by clicking the switches, if you ask me .
Quote:
The thing you see when UI is disabled is the overlay that makes the lower interface appear to have a light reflection on it, this is something that bugs me too but I haven't gone in to delete the texture yet, maybe Makman can tell you what texture it is. I'm guessing that to apply this effect to the UI and have it invisible with the rest of the UI would mean applying the required sections to the individual elements of the UI, of which there are many that make up that bottom bar and as this is very time consuming, adding just one big overlay to the whole picture was an easier and quicker option.

With the torpedo tubes I have this same issue but again I haven't attempted to rectify it yet (I'm trying to play here, spent too long already merging/editing mods!!). Again I'm guessing that it's a missing line in the menu_1024.ini regarding clickspots for the switches that need to be added back in. Problem is, this file has been altered so much from the original it's very hard to track it down, even using Winmerge. I will do it, just not right now seeing as it's not a 'gamebreaker'.
hello Darkbluesky and Damo ,

about the light reflections that you see at message-bdu-captain's log page ...yes i now about this and it is something that you have to 'live' with it ! these light reflections are the light reflections that you see on main console .if you you want to get rid of them is easy but will ,also, dissapear from main console too (to get rid...go at data/menu/olc/ and delete the ''manos32.tga'').
as Damo says (correctly) a workaround to keep these reflections and at the same time to avoid the issue at message-bdu-captain's log pages is to 'print' seperately at each icon the 'reflections' but ....yes...i was lazy to do it and prefered the 'easy' way as it was not for me so much big deal the issue at message-bdu-captain's log pages.

about the 'problem' that you can't toggle the torpedo's tubes at 3d views ...yes it is a side effect that is happening becuase of some tweaks i have made at commands . at MaGui's commands i have tweaked the tubes that way so the tube STAYS OPEN when player selects one other tube . that way,you can have as many tubes you want open WITHOUT BEEN forced to have switched to salvo first . tubes stays open and you just fire whatever torp you want ...whatever time . the side effect of these tweaks is the 'problem' that you see at 3d views but as i never use the 3d buttons was not a 'problem' for me at all !
anyway , if you want to make the switches at 3d views fuctional again (but lose the 'stay open tubes') just remove the question marks at commands [Cmd309] and [Cmd312]

bye

Old 02-11-11, 02:54 PM   #390
Damo
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
about the 'problem' that you can't toggle the torpedo's tubes at 3d views ...yes it is a side effect that is happening becuase of some tweaks i have made at commands . at MaGui's commands i have tweaked the tubes that way so the tube STAYS OPEN when player selects one other tube . that way,you can have as many tubes you want open WITHOUT BEEN forced to have switched to salvo first .
Ahh ok, that makes sense. thanks for explaining and saving me from another long and arduous trawl through the menu ini file just to fix something that now you mention it, I don't use either, lol. 'The Q will do!'.

And by the way, by saying that you used the 'easy' method to apply a shine effect I was in no way implying you were lazy, just the amount of work you put into the GUI, even in the earliest versions, convinced me of the contrary a long long time ago.

Closed Thread