SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-21, 01:16 PM   #376
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

To those of you responding to my land owning only voters. That’s exactly what the forefathers intended!

They wanted vested people in the country, not voting for their personal views, but for the longevity of the United States.

So those of you who laughed at this, you’re exactly the person I don’t want voting.

And it’s not anti-democratic, it was absolutely democratic. The forefathers wanted to ensure that only US citizens could vote, and anyone else can go pound sand.

Think about it… If you own property, you work for a living. You’re not a scumbag, you’re not living off the government, you’re not voting for Democrats who want to legalize weed, you’re voting for the longevity of the country, for taxation that will go to bettering everything around you, and not just because you don’t like the orange man.

It’s perfect!

And it would literally eliminate all of these problems. There would be no mail in voting, it’s impossible, you’d have to show a deed.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 01:22 PM   #377
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
To those of you responding to my land owning only voters. That’s exactly what the forefathers intended!

They wanted vested people in the country, not voting for their personal views, but for the longevity of the United States.

So those of you who laughed at this, you’re exactly the person I don’t want voting.

And it’s not anti-democratic, it was absolutely democratic. The forefathers wanted to ensure that only US citizens could vote, and anyone else can go pound sand.

Think about it… If you own property, you work for a living. You’re not a scumbag, you’re not living off the government, you’re not voting for Democrats who want to legalize weed, you’re voting for the longevity of the country, for taxation that will go to bettering everything around you, and not just because you don’t like the orange man.

It’s perfect!

And it would literally eliminate all of these problems. There would be no mail in voting, it’s impossible, you’d have to show a deed.
This is even dumber than everything your ex-presidents said or did, and he looked into a solar eclipse.
You want the slave part back, too? In case of a family home, the father votes on behalf of his wive, too, right?
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 01:27 PM   #378
bstanko6
Admiral

Yes sonic you’re exactly who I don’t want voting.

DISCORD
Old 02-02-21, 01:30 PM   #379
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:

Think about it… If you own property, you work for a living.
like the orange man.
Quote:
You’re not a scumbag,
like the orange man
Quote:
you’re not living off the government,
like the orange man
Quote:
you’re not voting for Democrats who want to legalize weed, [...]
when there's only 2 parties, that kinda makes voting unneccessary, right? => anti democrat.
Quote:
you’re voting for the longevity of the country, for taxation that will go to bettering everything around you, and not just because you don’t like the orange man.
...like the orange man. he was all for bettering everything. for example healthcare for the poor. but right - they don't count in your world, anyways.
Quote:
It’s perfect!
Yes. yes. now go back to 1770 and hope to be one of the top 1%. Otherwise you'll be surely hanged for your ideas. which is fine because your life does not matter anyways.
Old 02-02-21, 01:31 PM   #380
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
Yes sonic you’re exactly who I don’t want voting.
I voted for a girl^^
Old 02-02-21, 01:58 PM   #381
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Think about it… If you own property, you work for a living.
Not everybody who owns property works for a living. Lot's of people who don't own property do work for a living. Where are you coming up with this stuff?

When the Constitution was written women and Black people couldn't vote. Would you go back to that?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 02:04 PM   #382
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Quote:

It’s perfect!

There is so much wrong with what you're saying here. Just plain wrong and nonsensical.

Are you in the habit of telling the waitress at the waffle house, the waitress who rents a place, the waitress who just served you coffee and waffles who gets paid in peanuts and promises "you don't work, you're a scumbag"? Really? Do you in all seriousness propose that owning property is what sets a working person apart from lazybones? Tell that to the Americans who each work 2 full time jobs to make ends meet, who rent their place because buying is not within financial reach.

Living off the Govt? Like the big banks that get billions in first aid to cover what they squandered? You know, the suits who own more property than most of your fellow, born and bred, Americans do? You seriously think they are into business for philanthropic reasons? You really think for a moment they have the Country in mind?

All landowners vote republican? Are in favour of taxation for the good of all? In what parallell Universe is that happening?
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 02:09 PM   #383
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
This is even dumber than everything your ex-presidents said or did, and he looked into a solar eclipse.
You want the slave part back, too? In case of a family home, the father votes on behalf of his wive, too, right?

The concept of land owner voting has really nothing to with all that other crap.

The idea is that land owners are stake holders, ie they have a vested interest in making their society succeed. It's an ancient system and while I would oppose our country returning to the practice it is hardly "dumb".
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 02:24 PM   #384
bstanko6
Admiral

You guys are interpreting it your own way. I’m not saying that the waitress is a scumbag. I’m not saying to bring back slavery or non-women voting.

You are the ones making all of that stuff up. I’m saying I want voting to go back to the way our forefathers intended it.

I’m not speaking in absolutes, there are good people who do work for a living who rent. That’s fine. They shouldn’t vote. But there are lots of people who are on welfare, choose to be on welfare, and have nothing in there name, They shouldn’t vote.

There are people who choose to live off of others, and not be allowed to vote. What’s wrong with that?

Voting is one of the most powerful things we have in a democracy, which doesn’t matter because the election was rigged. But the fact that you can vote, should be held in the highest regard.

It shouldn’t be given to just anyone. And that’s exactly what our founding fathers told us.

DISCORD
Old 02-02-21, 02:27 PM   #385
bstanko6
Admiral

Let’s not look at land owning for voting, in the bad sense that no one would be able to vote if they don’t own property.

What I’m saying is we need a system that will ensure the right people are voting and the wrong people do not. That would be one way of doing it. And our forefathers put an emphasis on owning property in the constitution. It’s so important that it is the most protected article in the constitution that you have to get a warrant to search

DISCORD
Old 02-02-21, 02:28 PM   #386
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I understand one thing and that is

My knowledge about American politics is low, and when it comes to the mind of an American voters my knowledge is zero to none.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 02:35 PM   #387
bstanko6
Admiral

Mapuc...

You are not alone.

The idea that this country would rig and election to place the biggest racist idiot into office is mind boggling! Harris even accused Biden of being one, and now she smiles next to him as VP?

Hypocrisy all day!

DISCORD
Old 02-02-21, 03:08 PM   #388
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Mapuc...

You are not alone.

The idea that this country would rig and election to place the biggest racist idiot into office is mind boggling! Harris even accused Biden of being one, and now she smiles next to him as VP?

Hypocrisy all day!
Self serving all day long. They care only for themselves.
Old 02-02-21, 03:14 PM   #389
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
What I’m saying is we need a system that will ensure the right people are voting and the wrong people do not.
Do you have any idea what that sounds like.

And let's ask a simple but important question. Who gets to decide this?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 03:21 PM   #390
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Do you have any idea what that sounds like.

And let's ask a simple but important question. Who gets to decide this?
Sounds like China.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote