SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-11-10, 11:30 AM   #3856
lavr
Swabbie

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0

Hey TheDarkWraith,
I have a little problem. I created training mission for myself to get use to AOBF but can not use function - follow target. Could you suggest me how to activate this option? It is really difficult for me to make measurement and rotate the periscope at the same time. You mode is working perfect if I am into compain or doing SH V default single missions though.
Thank you.
lavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 11:35 AM   #3857
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavr View Post
Hey TheDarkWraith,
I have a little problem. I created training mission for myself to get use to AOBF but can not use function - follow target. Could you suggest me how to activate this option? It is really difficult for me to make measurement and rotate the periscope at the same time. You mode is working perfect if I am into compain or doing SH V default single missions though.
Thank you.
Follow target only works if you have a target in your crosshairs. You don't have to have it locked. Once it's in your crosshairs the follow target icon should turn to available which then you can click it to enable it. Does it not do this?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 11:41 AM   #3858
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
TDW May I ask what the problem is in your Automation folder with the Silent Running on/off command as well as the radar on/off, etc commands?
Silent Running on/off is only allowed when submerged. You can only enable when submerged but you can disable at any time (submerged or surfaced).

Radar on/off is only available when surfaced.

So what problems are you referring to? Oh you must be referring to the stock commands where I said don't use these. They cause very strange things to happen with automation. I found that out through testing. So what I did was create 'wrappers' for them in the form of new commands. The new commands are located below the known commands in the automation file.
Old 08-11-10, 11:55 AM   #3859
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Perfect, OK I thought they caused problems like CTDs

So I'll just be careful with using those commands where appropriate (only when submerged/surfaced, etc)
Old 08-11-10, 01:29 PM   #3860
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Perfect, OK I thought they caused problems like CTDs

So I'll just be careful with using those commands where appropriate (only when submerged/surfaced, etc)
You can use any of the new commands at any time. They will 'fail' gracefully if they are either not allowed or don't meet the conditions. I programmed them that way. This includes the new radar and silent running commands. What actually happens is if the conditions are not met for the command it issues a 'skip' which causes the next command in the chain to be executed in it's place.
Old 08-11-10, 01:44 PM   #3861
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTurtle View Post
Hello again,

I have a small problem, i wanted to drag the journal between the officers icon and the SH3 dials as you see on this screenshot :
But each time I click on a dialog the journal will be reset some pixels up :
what version of the mod are you using? I remember this being a problem in v3.9.0,1, or 2.

And what do you mean by dialog? Clicking on an officer? I'm trying to recreate the problem but not having any success using v4.0.0
Old 08-11-10, 02:16 PM   #3862
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
After I'd been enabling/disabling for a while, I decided to remove all my mods and then enabled just the new UI v4 via JGSME onto a vanilla SH5 and this is what I get when starting a new career.
I can move around the sub-pen, but can't interact with either the officer or the upgrades man, as that message is all I get presented with. The "Go to game" option is not clickable and to get out of the dialogue screen I have to use the wasd keys.
I know you're doing a great job and what with just putting v4 out of the door, I'm sure you want and deserve a rest, so I understand if you don't reply straight away, I can revert back to 393 which worked perfectly, so no rush, but if you can think of anything that I might be doing wrong to cause this, I'd appreciate the help.
I can't reproduce the problem you report. It appears you have a corrupted game because the only files that changed from v3.9.3 to v4.0.0 were ones for Automation. Nothing was changed dealing with crew and/or dialogs.
I just ran v4.0.0 in campaign and was able to interact with the crew on the dock without any problems.
Old 08-11-10, 02:23 PM   #3863
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarata View Post
One thing I've found so far, when i press F5 F6 and F7, the game crashes.
just ran v4.0.0 with historic missions and in campaign and had no problems pressing the F5, F6, or F7 keys. Sounds like you have a corrupted game somehow.
Old 08-11-10, 02:33 PM   #3864
lavr
Swabbie

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0

TheDarkWraith, yes it is active and turn yellow when I press it, but nothing is happening after that. Periscope does not follow my target. One more thing I did not mention. Torpedo fire button does not function either. I have to use combination shift+space to fire.
I used missioneditor2 which is provided with the game. I might be doing something wrong but have no idea what. Any advise?
Thank you.
lavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 02:47 PM   #3865
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

got a new idea for v4.1.0. Decks awash. Going to try and implement it. What I'm thinking of doing is adding another icon to the left side depth bar that when pressed will take you to decks awash. It would be located under the surface icon. Because of automation I can do this BUT anyone using voice commands will have problems with it. Reason: the surface command will take you to decks awash and the new surface command via automation will take you to surfaced. What do you think?

EDIT:

Think I can do this without screwing up those using voice commands. I'll just have to make you teleport to radio (it will do this automatically) when asking for anything other than surface when decks awash
Old 08-11-10, 03:32 PM   #3866
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
EDIT:

Think I can do this without screwing up those using voice commands. I'll just have to make you teleport to radio (it will do this automatically) when asking for anything other than surface when decks awash
This would be good.
Old 08-11-10, 03:48 PM   #3867
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210

Small bug report on 4.0.0, clicking the torpedo icons after firing no longer brings up the stop watch with the predicted time of impact.

And on the note of running with decks awash, would it actually be tactically useful (particularly when combined with IRAI) to cruise that way when near enemy ships?
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 06:13 PM   #3868
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Small bug report on 4.0.0, clicking the torpedo icons after firing no longer brings up the stop watch with the predicted time of impact.

And on the note of running with decks awash, would it actually be tactically useful (particularly when combined with IRAI) to cruise that way when near enemy ships?
just tried the torpedo icons and they work fine. There's something screwy going on because there's a rash of people reporting errors that don't exist. What version of JSGME are you using? The latest? I'm still using v2.5.0.150 so I wonder if that's the reason for these false errors?

Yes decks awash would be tactically useful. Anything that reduces your submarine's footprint above water will lower the enemy's visual range of being able to detect you.
Old 08-11-10, 06:43 PM   #3869
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210

Hmm... I'm using 2.5.0.150 as well. I'll try another attack and see if the problem persists.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 06:44 PM   #3870
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I just reinstalled sh5 so i see how a fresh install goes .
Please let me know. Everything works fine on my end and I'm really puzzled as to how things that worked in previous versions now are causing problems, especially when those items are untouched (code wise). It sounds more like JSGME was updated and directions weren't followed by the maker when upgrading to the newest version and thus has caused corrupted game files.

EDIT:

just found something that I didn't think would ever exist but someone managed to do it. lavr sent me his training mission that he was using that he couldn't get follow target to work. I loaded up his training mission and was immediately given python errors. This had me a bit puzzled. I tracked down the offender and it was due to the sub in his training mission not having a flak gun. It's fine that the sub doesn't have a flak gun but it's not fine that my code doesn't handle this. I've corrected it and I'll have to issue a bugfix version, v4.0.1, because of this.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui