SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-10, 10:15 PM   #3811
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

TDW; following a revelation in W_clears Environment thread that the clocks do not adjust to your positioning in-game (ex: Operation drumbeat.. so confusing with time change and what the weather is like outside)

I thought that perhaps we could make a function allowing the player (or the game to automatically) adjust the clocks in your u-boat and in-game to you're relative position in relation to time zones?
Old 08-09-10, 10:29 PM   #3812
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
TDW; following a revelation in W_clears Environment thread that the clocks do not adjust to your positioning in-game (ex: Operation drumbeat.. so confusing with time change and what the weather is like outside)

I thought that perhaps we could make a function allowing the player (or the game to automatically) adjust the clocks in your u-boat and in-game to you're relative position in relation to time zones?
something like this could be done. I believe there is a way to set the clock in game to a user defined time. What info I would need is what lines of longitude are time zones and what +x they give. After getting that I could see if I could make it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 12:36 AM   #3813
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
something like this could be done. I believe there is a way to set the clock in game to a user defined time. What info I would need is what lines of longitude are time zones and what +x they give. After getting that I could see if I could make it.
Done: http://www.geographicguide.com/planet/time-zones.htm

Of course, the time zones rarely follow straight lines of longitude...
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 01:20 AM   #3814
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

The UI for Automation is almost complete. What's left to do is add code for when you mouse over an activated script it highlights in black (and stays highlighted). Then if it's highlighted to add controls to allow you to start, stop, and pause that activated script. Clicking an activated script deactives it and removes it from the activated scripts list.
Old 08-10-10, 04:12 AM   #3815
tuore
Swabbie

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Hmm.. I got this mod, installed the SH5Enhanced. It looks wonderful, and I especially like the shipping chart and the ship log.

However, when I'm trying to aim a torpedo and I hover the mouse over the ship's map symbol to see its speed, no pop up comes up. Why? Is it disabled in the mod? Because I suck at calculating it manually.
That's the only downside for me, and I'm not even sure if it's a downside (maybe the speed is shown elsewhere?)
tuore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 04:54 AM   #3816
Hooch
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Default possible glitch

TDW don't know if Ubisoft have changed anything but since yesterday when i open the captains hat and click on a signal it freezes that screen in place even though the rest of the sub reacts accordingly, ie change speed with
hotkeys etc.
Hooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 09:54 AM   #3817
Turtle01
A-ganger

Downloads: 104

Quote:
The UI for Automation is almost complete. What's left to do is add code for when you mouse over an activated script it highlights in black (and stays highlighted). Then if it's highlighted to add controls to allow you to start, stop, and pause that activated script. Clicking an activated script deactives it and removes it from the activated scripts list.

mmmmh amazing !
Thank you for your work i am speechless.

Greets Turtle
Old 08-10-10, 11:59 AM   #3818
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
What's left to do is add code for when you mouse over an activated script it highlights in black (and stays highlighted). Then if it's highlighted to add controls to allow you to start, stop, and pause that activated script. Clicking an activated script deactives it and removes it from the activated scripts list.
Mhmmm, good way.
But I suggest other solution for these scripts:
Click on officer icon -> teleport to this officer -> (or click on officer at his station) -> choose the correct script and check status from officer's dialog menu.

Adventages of this proposal:
- next step for "uboat's real life"
- no additional "unrealistic" dialog box for scripts menagement
- usying uboat officers dialog boxes
- no stupid dialogs (scripts instead "Herr kaleun, let's talk about my dog.")

Of course, this is only proposal...

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 02:16 PM   #3819
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

I'm curious to see what you are trying to do with this automation.. I don't quite understand what you are trying to achieve
Old 08-10-10, 02:23 PM   #3820
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
I'm curious to see what you are trying to do with this automation.. I don't quite understand what you are trying to achieve
Let's say you're crossing the pond. Now while crossing the pond you usually do what? You stop every so often, dive, listen for sound contacts, surface, sweep the periscope looking for contacts, etc. Well what if all that was automated for you? Then you just sit back and let your 'XO' do all the work. It can be used for just about anything

For example here is one of the included scripts:

[AS]
TDW_Search
[CATEGORY]
Long Distance Travel
[COMMANDS]
Set_Time_Compression,1,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; set time compression to 1 and wait 1 second before next command
Return_to_course,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; ensure we're following waypoints and wait 1 second before next command
Activate_NavMap_Station,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; activate the nav map station so we can see the full map and wait 5 seconds before next command
Set_Time_Compression,32,0,0,0,0,0,3600 ; set time compression to 32 and wait 3600 seconds (1 hour) before next command
Set_Time_Compression,1,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; set time compression to 1 and wait 1 second before next command
Periscope_depth,0,0,0,0,0,0,60 ; go to periscope depth and wait 15 seconds before next command
All_stop,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; order all stop and wait 1 second before next command
Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,0,0,0,0,60 ; tell hydrophone operator to normal sweep listening for contacts. Let him listen for 1 min (60 seconds) before next command
Report_nearest_sound_contact,0,0,0,0,0,0,10 ; report nearest sound contact heard and wait 10 seconds before next command (this gives time for user to cancel auto)
Rise_whole_obs_periscope,1,0,0,0,0,0,15 ; fully raise the attack scope and wait 15 seconds before next command (take a look around to ensure it's ok to surface)
Activate_Scope_Station,1,0,0,0,0,0,10 ; activate the attack scope station and wait 5 seconds before next command
Sweep_Scope,1,0,360,90.0,0,0,60 ; sweep the scope from 0 to 360 in 30 seconds. Next command will be issued after sweep is finished
Report_nearest_visual_contact,0,0,0,0,0,0,10 ; report nearest visual contact found. Wait 10 seconds before next command (this gives time for user to cancel auto)
Lower_whole_obs_periscope,0,0,0,0,0,0,5 ; fully lower the attack scope and wait 1 second before next command
Leave_Scope_Station,0,0,0,0,0,0,15 ; leave the scope station thus returning to nav map station and wait 1 second before next command
Ahead_standard,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; order ahead standard and wait 1 second before next command
Surface,0,0,0,0,0,1,90 ; surface the boat and wait 1 second before next command
Activate_Scope_Station,2,0,0,0,0,0,120 ; activate the UZO scope
Sweep_Scope,2,0,360,90.0,0,0,5 ; sweep the scope from 0 to 360 in 30 seconds. Next command will be issued after sweep is finished
Leave_Scope_Station,2,0,0,0,0,0,0
Loop,2,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; loop through all this 2 times before stopping and ending this script
[COMMANDS_END]

so when you select the category Long Distance Travel and then you enable (start) the TDW_Search script in Automation the following happens:

- time compression is set to 1
- return to course order is given
- nav map is called up
- time compression is set to 32
- 1 hr of game time passes
- time compression set back to 1
- periscope depth is then ordered up
- all stop is ordered up
- hyrdophone operator is told to perform normal sweep of hydrophone looking for contacts
- hydrophone operator is asked for nearest sound contact
- obs pericope is risen and obs scope station activated
- obs scope is swept from bearing 0 to bearing 360 in 90 seconds
- nearest visual contact is requested
- obs scope then lowered and obs scope station if left
- ahead standard ordered up
- surface order given
- UZO scope station activated
- UZO swept from bearing 0 to bearing 360 in 90 seconds
- UZO station left
- loop everything done again

Automation.....beautiful....sit back and be Captain!

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 08-10-10 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-10-10, 03:11 PM   #3821
tuore
Swabbie

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuore View Post
Hmm.. I got this mod, installed the SH5Enhanced. It looks wonderful, and I especially like the shipping chart and the ship log.

However, when I'm trying to aim a torpedo and I hover the mouse over the ship's map symbol to see its speed, no pop up comes up. Why? Is it disabled in the mod? Because I suck at calculating it manually.
That's the only downside for me, and I'm not even sure if it's a downside (maybe the speed is shown elsewhere?)
Anyone?
tuore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 03:14 PM   #3822
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuore View Post
Anyone?
open the expanded top right bar (click the little circle below the clock) and ensure item notes is highlighted
Old 08-10-10, 03:16 PM   #3823
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

The UI for Automation is complete. There's a legend that tells you what each color means. In the activated scripts column the black border signifies the currently selected script (for issuing commands to). The commands should be pretty familiar - start, pause, stop. The little arrows between available scripts and activated scripts allows you to select which scripts are activated (works like the JSGME tool for enabling/disabling mods).

doing final testing on v4.0.0 now
Old 08-10-10, 03:45 PM   #3824
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48

After having my UI white screen problem, I was in the market for a new UI. I just discovered this thread. One word: Incredible.

I don't quite understand how you're doing all this DarkWraith, but my God I'm glad you are; it's brilliant, pure and simple. As for this new automation thing, well it is just mind bogglingly brilliant. Great job, sir.
SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 04:23 PM   #3825
Hans Hansen
Loader

Downloads: 216

Quote:
Automation.....beautiful....sit back and be Captain!
hmm, sounds like this could heal the missing searchpattern-functionality as well...

brilliant anyway!

Gute Jagd!
Hans Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui