SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-10, 10:36 AM   #3736
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
That isn't the case, it's clearly just a mistake, of which there are many in SH5. Even if it was the case, it's poorly executed, unrealistic and unecessary. I say remove it.
What Meldric said is correct, those ghost contacts are the (at least estimated) positions of the contact at the time you reach the last waypoint you actually are defining. Just like a help for people who cannot compute an intercept course. However, i agree to at least have an option to remove them entirely. If not possible, remove them completely. If possible, that is.
Old 08-04-10, 11:29 AM   #3737
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I call these contacts that appear when you drag a waypoint 'Waypoint contacts'. Here are those waypoint contacts with same shape and no color:

so now I can make them disappear, change shape, basically do whatever I want them to do. I'll be releasing a new version 3.9.3 with this fix.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 11:58 AM   #3738
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Could an early-war U-Boat detect surface contacts with it's hydrophones?

Sailor Steve has told me categorically 'no'.

Why is there a rotating radar loop on my '39 U-Boat?

My pointer keeps disappearing when the ID manual is brought up, making this U.I. Mod unplayable I don't wanna have to press Shift+Z several times to bring it back. This is obviously a problem with a lesser than optimum resolution. In the screenshot below you'll see that almost the entire viewport is obscured by this gubbins, can we move it somewhere else? I know there's a toggle to switch it off, but it shouldn't be there in the first place and if you switch off this part of the interface then how the hell do you use the stadimeter?! It's symptomatic of a poorly desgined U.I. I'm talking about the initial design, not the great work you've done DW. Please test your U.I. in the 16:9 Res to see what I mean.

Last edited by The General; 08-04-10 at 12:29 PM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 12:11 PM   #3739
simsurfer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

I like you mod, installed it today with a bunch of other mods I had running at the time, got a whole bunch of Program stopped responding errors and it took me a bit to get it all worked out. Played one game, now when I attempt to load the game again the Program terminates again on loading. I have uninstalled the game and am loading it back on as I type, will report back later on.

In the meantime is there a load order for this mod, I mean what mod do I load first, second, third? Your UI mod wants to be over ridden by some of the other mods that you have added to the overall mod no matter what order I load them.

Any insight, thanks.
Old 08-04-10, 12:13 PM   #3740
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Quote:
Could an early-war U-Boat detect surface contacts with it's hydrophones?

Sailor Steve has told me categorically 'no'.

Why is there a rotating radar loop on my '39 U-Boat?
The loop antenna is a directional antenna used to intercept enemy radio transmissions and find their direction. It is customarily known as direction finding (DF) antenna. However, it has nothing to do with radar systems.

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 12:20 PM   #3741
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
My pointer keeps disappearing when the ID manual is brought up, making this U.I. Mod unplayable I don't wanna have to press Shift+Z to bring it back everytime. this is obviously a problem with a lesser than optimum resolution. In the screenshot below you'll see that almost the entire viewport is obscured by this gubbins, can we move it somewhere else?
you have two options:

- enable XO TDC Dialog box draggable in the options file so you can drag it wherever you want or
- press the 'L' key to hide the messagebox and move the XO TDC Dialog box to more favorable position on right side of screen
Old 08-04-10, 12:34 PM   #3742
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
enable XO TDC Dialog box draggable in the options file so you can drag it wherever you want
God bless you DW for your patience with my ranting I keep getting contact lines when surfaced. Is this information coming from the DF antenna or the Sonar? When in visual range of a surface contact, my sonar guy fails to detect any sonar contacts, why?

Old 08-04-10, 12:46 PM   #3743
Chowhound
Swabbie

Downloads: 156
Default Awesome!

Just installed the SH5 UI. It is truly a game changer!

Thanks for all of your hard work.
Chowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 12:47 PM   #3744
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
God bless you DW for your patience with my ranting I keep getting contact lines when surfaced. Is this information coming from the DF antenna or the Sonar? When in visual range of a surface contact, my sonar guy fails to detect any sonar contacts, why?
The information is coming from the hydophone station controller in the game. Your sonar guy fails to detect the visual contact because the game either displays hydrophone contact lines or the visual contact symbol, not both for a contact.
I'm looking to add an add-on mod to disable the hydrophone when surfaced.
Old 08-04-10, 01:27 PM   #3745
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Sorry but what do the following files do?

ERM Reaper7 NightVision
Old 08-04-10, 01:30 PM   #3746
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Sorry but what do the following files do?

ERM Reaper7 NightVision
see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3509

it's Reaper7's enhanced rec manual revised by myself
Old 08-04-10, 01:31 PM   #3747
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Ahh, excellent, at the moment I use his Enhanced Recognition manual 2.0
Old 08-04-10, 02:55 PM   #3748
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
v3.9.3 released. This version adds add-on mods for the problem posted above. It also adds an add-on mod that will prevent hydrophone contacts unless you are at least ~9m depth.
See post #1 for details
The options file is unchanged in this version.
Old 08-04-10, 03:42 PM   #3749
TopCat
Helmsman

Downloads: 113

Well TDW, I know I said it a hundred times, but I need to tell you once again: You're the man!

I'll just try the new version! Thank you for your great work!
TopCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 06:33 PM   #3750
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectronus View Post
- added a high precision timer class to the game. This class takes into account TC level and thus can be used for timings that involve TC level. The stock animation timers of the game do not account for TC level

See this made me think that a old idea someone once had on the sh3 forums might be possible now. Cool new Bell and Whistle for your awesome UI

TC dependent Dive Control and Sonar Search Feature.

This would at over a certain TC level make your boat dive to lets say periscope depth and search for sonar contacts for X amount of minutes and then return to surface.

You could add the extra icon to the top of your SH5 style UI for a toggle On/off and also one of your cool TC adjustment option for this. - 32 +
v4.0.0 work has begun with the main goal of bringing this fabulous idea to life! Here is the preliminary file that will define the commands available and the syntax for automation:

; Automation
; Allows for player to automate common tasks while in patrol
;
; Available commands (from \data\cfg\commands.cfg):
;
; format:
; command,x,y,t
; command is the name of the command to execute
; x = parameter 1 of command
; y = parameter 2 of command
; t = time to wait before issuing next command (in seconds) NOTE: minimum time delay is 1 second to account for code overhead
;
; a press of any key cancels the automation script!
;
;
; Set_depth,x,y,t - Dive to a depth of x meters. If y=0 then don't do a depth under keel check. If y=1 then check depth under keel before diving. If x > depth under keel then x will be set to: current depth < x < depth under keel - 5
; Surface,0,0,t - surface the boat
; Periscope_depth,0,0,t - go to periscope depth.
; Snorkel_depth,0,0,t - go to snorkel depth
; Knuckle_port,0,0,t - 90 degree turn to port
; Double_knuckle_port,0,0,t - 90 degree turn to port followed by a short straight run followed by another 90 degree turn to port
; Knuckle_starboard,0,0,t - 90 degree turn to starboard
; Double_knuckle_starboard,0,0,t - 90 degree turn to starboard followed by a short straight run followed by another 90 degree turn to starboard
; Deploy_decoys,0,0,t - deploys decoys (noise makers)
; Activate_radar,0,0,t - activate radar (turn on) if installed
; Radar_toggle_range - toggle radar range between short and far
; Deactivate_radar,0,0,t - deactivate radar (turn off) if installed
; Rise_whole_periscope,0,0,t - fully raise the attack scope
; Lower_whole_periscope,0,0,t - fully lower the attack scope
; Get_depth_under_sub_keel,0,0,t - get the depth under the sub's keel
; Rise_whole_obs_periscope,0,0,t - fully raise the obs scope
; Lower_whole_obs_periscope,0,0,t - fully lower the obs scope
; Rig_for_silent_running,0,0,t - set silent running (minimal noise)
; Secure_from_silent_running,0,0,t - secure from silent running
; Set_speed,x,0,t - set the current sub's speed
; Ahead_slow,0,0,t - ahead slow bell
; Ahead_one_third,0,0,t - ahead 1/3 bell
; Ahead_standard,0,0,t - ahead standard bell
; Ahead_full,0,0,t - ahead full bell
; Ahead_flank,0,0,t - ahead flank bell
; Back_slow,0,0,t - back slow bell
; Back_standard,0,0,t - back standard bell
; Back_full,0,0,t - back full bell
; Back_emergency,0,0,t - back emergency bell
; All_stop,0,0,t - all stop bell
; Set_course,x,0,t - set course relative to current course
; Set_heading,x,0,t - set new heading
; Return_to_course,0,0,t - return to following waypoints
; Report_depth_under_keel,0,0,t - get the depth under sub's keel
; Report_nearest_visual_contact,0,0,t - get the nearest visual contact spotted by crew
; Report_nearest_radio_contact,0,0,t - report the nearest radio contact received/detected
; Radar_one_sweep,0,0,t - perform one sweep of radar (if installed)
; Radar_continuous_sweep,0,0,t - continuous sweep of radar (if installed)
; Report_nearest_sound_contact,0,0,t - report the nearest sound contact detected.
; Report_nearest_warship_sound_contact,0,0,t - report the nearest warship sound contact detected
; Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,t - perform normal sweeps on hydrophone
;
;
; Additional commands:
;
; Set_Time_Compression,x,0,t - set time compression to x value (x must be a power of 2!)
; Sweep_Scope,x,y,t - sweep the scope from a start of x degrees to an end of y degrees. Time to sweep from x to y determined by t. Next command will be issued after t time
; Activate_Scope_Station,x,0,t - activates a scope station where x = the scope station number (0=attack, 1=obs, 2=UZO)
; Leave_Scope_Station,0,0,t - leaves the scope station and returns to bridge
; Activate_NavMap_Station,0,0,t - activates the navigation map station
; Leave_NavMap_Station,0,0,t - leaves the nav map station and returns to bridge
; Loop,0,0,t - loop this automation script t times before stopping
;
;
; You define an Automation Script by starting with the header [AS] followed by the name of the script on the following line. Then immediately following that the header [COMMANDS]. Then your commands line by line followed finally by [COMMANDS_END]
;
;
[AS]
TDW_Cruise
[COMMANDS]
Return_to_course,0,0,1 ; ensure we're following waypoints and wait 1 second before next command
Activate_NavMap_Station,0,0,5 ; activate the nav map station so we can see the full map and wait 5 seconds before next command
Set_Time_Compression,32,0,3600 ; set time compression to 32 and wait 3600 seconds (1 hour) before next command
Set_Time_Compression,1,0,1 ; set time compression to 1 and wait 1 second before next command
Periscope_depth,0,0,15 ; go to periscope depth and wait 15 seconds before next command
All_stop,0,0,1 ; order all stop and wait 1 second before next command
Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,60 ; tell hydrophone operator to normal sweep listening for contacts. Let him listen for 1 min (60 seconds) before next command
Report_nearest_sound_contact,0,0,10 ; report nearest sound contact heard and wait 10 seconds before next command (this gives time for user to cancel auto)
Rise_whole_periscope,0,0,15 ; fully raise the attack scope and wait 15 seconds before next command (take a look around to ensure it's ok to surface)
Activate_Scope_Station,0,0,5 ; activate the attack scope station and wait 5 seconds before next command
Sweep_Scope,0,360,60 ; sweep the scope from 0 to 360 in 30 seconds. Next command will be issued after sweep is finished
Report_nearest_visual_contact,0,0,10 ; report nearest visual contact found. Wait 10 seconds before next command (this gives time for user to cancel auto)
Leave_Scope_Station,0,0,1 ; leave the scope station thus returning to nav map station and wait 1 second before next command
Lower_whole_periscope,0,0,1 ; fully lower the attack scope and wait 1 second before next command
Ahead_standard,0,0,1 ; order ahead standard and wait 1 second before next command
Surface,0,0,1 ; surface the boat and wait 1 second before next command
Loop,0,0,5 ; loop through all this 5 times before stopping and ending this script
[COMMANDS_END]

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui