Old 12-05-15, 12:49 PM   #361
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Pretty much how I see it.
I do not often agree with Rockstar but in this case I would tend to see it that way too...
Old 12-05-15, 12:52 PM   #362
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

If it is as so many proclaim the religion of peace. Why then, after they had travelled to the cradle of Islam itself didnt they come back and proclaim peace?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 01:30 PM   #363
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Wauw I must have met some "false" Muslims during my life until now.

Two working colleges-not at the same job though, one of them loved pork tenderloin he had that one time per month, the other, sad and had a after-work beer together with us.

And where I lived before I Sometimes met my Muslim neighbors in the laundry room while we stood and talked about football he stood and put clothes together also his wife's underwear

I could continue, as said by some there ain't no such thing as moderate Muslim, if that's true, then those mentioned above must be false Muslims

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 01:31 PM   #364
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Two working colleges-not at the same job though, one of them loved pork tenderloin he had that one time per month, the other, sad and had a after-work beer together with us.

And where I lived before I Sometimes met my Muslim neighbors in the laundry room while we stood and talked about football he stood and put clothes together also his wife's underwear

I could continue, as said by some there ain't no such thing as moderate Muslim, if that's true, then those mentioned above must be false Muslims

Markus
Markus, sure there are millions of Muslims who do not agree with the insanity and murderous ideology that ISIS and Al Qaeda espouse. They suffer from the extremists more than anyone.

For myself, I did not speculate until the FBI released their names.

More news, http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ca...0TO0BD20151205

Quote:
Islamic State said on Saturday that the married couple who killed 14 people in a mass shooting in California which the U.S. authorities are investigating as an act of terrorism were its followers.

The militant group made the statement in an online radio broadcast three days after U.S.-born Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and his wife Tashfeen Malik, 29, from Pakistan, attacked a holiday party for civil servants in San Bernardino, about 60 miles (100 km) east of Los Angeles.

The pair were killed two hours later in a shootout with police.

Officials with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which is leading the probe into the shooting, said Malik and her husband appeared to have been inspired by foreign militant groups but there was no sign they had worked with any of them or that Islamic State even knew who they were.

"It is entirely possible that these two attackers were radicalized to commit this act of terror," U.S. President Barack Obama said in a radio address on Saturday. "If so, it would underscore a threat we've been focused on for years, the danger of people succumbing to violent extremist ideologies."
Yeah. I guess it's possible...

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 12-05-15 at 01:37 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 01:45 PM   #365
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
I do not often agree with Rockstar but in this case I would tend to see it that way too...
Same.

Quote:
Exactly.
Old 12-05-15, 02:03 PM   #366
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Looks like the next place Daesh has moved to is Libya. Not very far from the heart of Europe.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/libyas-raqq...trikes-1531903

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 02:32 PM   #367
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Ugh, I can't believe i'm saying this, Rockstar has a point.

But we shouldn't call the non radical muslims false muslims just because they have the brain to resist brainwashing by imams with an agenda of their own in the same way we don't call false christians those that don't shoot up abortion clinics.
Like I said on another thread, the un-holliest thing in christianity is the Bible* and every single christian I know is a false christian becasue he/she doesn't stone his/hers children. Koran can't be far behind. Holly books were written to control populations, not a transcript from a fax line to god.
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 02:39 PM   #368
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
Which one?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 02:46 PM   #369
Betonov
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Which one?
The one that radicalised muslims are true followers of the religion.
To which I added that the same can be said for christians.
And since true christians are actually those that are ''false'' christians (not radical), the same can be true for the muslims.
Old 12-05-15, 02:58 PM   #370
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

But we shouldn't call the non radical muslims false muslims just because they have the brain to resist brainwashing by imams with an agenda of their own in the same way we don't call false christians those that don't shoot up abortion clinics.
I agree with you. No matter what parts of the Koran may be interpreted in ways that could suggest violence and intolerance, not all, even most Muslims act on it. Just like the Bible.

Quote:
"Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them," Allah instructs the Prophet Muhammad (Quran, 9:5). He continues: "Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites! ... Hell shall be their home, an evil fate.

Quote:
That may be the popular notion of jihad, says Waleed El-Ansary, but it's the wrong one. El-Ansary, who teaches Islamic studies at the University of South Carolina, says the Quran explicitly condemns religious aggression and the killing of civilians. And it makes the distinction between jihad — legal warfare with the proper rules of engagement — and irjaf, or terrorism.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124494788
Old 12-05-15, 02:59 PM   #371
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

It's a fair point, one only has to look at the Old Testament, boy did God not kid around in those days.
I must confess ignorance to the teachings of Sikh and Hindu, likewise to the part of Buddhism beyond that which is populised in the west.

But the thing is, we're not at war with Islam, because it's a war that cannot be won. There are some similarities with Imperial Japan, in particular Japan in the early Shówa period. Yes, we fought Japan, but we did not fight the spirit of Japan, the heart of Japan, the Emperor to be precise. In fact, in order to prevent bloodshed we made peace with the Emperor and the 'Reverse course' meant that while a lot of the Bushido code was dismantled, Japan suffered a much lighter touch than Germany, and the results of that can be seen today if one makes a comparison in attitudes regarding the war in either country.

To declare a war on Islam, on some 2 billion people, is suicide, so you must cut with a scalpel, not a broadsword, and cut the cancers out of Islam surgically. Just as you would aim to do the same with any religion, because people who would use a religion to further their own agenda of hate are people who would use anything to do such a thing. Heck, Stalin embraced the Orthadox church briefly during the 'Great Patriotic War' in order to help encourage fighting against the Germans in 'The Sacred War'.

I think, honestly, people who commit violence because of religion, would commit violence for any given ideology, quite why religion always seems to attract them though, I can't say. Perhaps the whole afterlife thing which gives freedom from consequences in the mortal world so long as you do the right things gives greater encouragement?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 03:32 PM   #372
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

Like I said on another thread, the un-holliest thing in christianity is the Bible* and every single christian I know is a false christian becasue he/she doesn't stone his/hers children. Koran can't be far behind. Holly books were written to control populations, not a transcript from a fax line to god.
Why I use the word "false Muslim" was not to talk down to these who have the brain to resist brainwashing.

I could have used another word instead. While writing I did not know what other word I should use.

Markus
Old 12-05-15, 03:34 PM   #373
Betonov
Navy Seal

Quote:
Why I use the word "false Muslim" was not to talk down to these who have the brain to resist brainwashing.

I could have used another word instead. While writing I did not know what other word I should use.

Markus
I didn't feel like you were talking down to normal muslims.
I understood it more of a sarcasm against those that believe that non-radical muslim are false.
Old 12-05-15, 03:35 PM   #374
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I didn't feel like you were talking down to normal muslims.
I understood it more of a sarcasm against those that believe that non-radical muslim are false.
Then you got it right-thank you.

Markus
Old 12-05-15, 03:38 PM   #375
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
...so you must cut with a scalpel, not a broadsword, and cut the cancers out of Islam surgically.
Hard to do when more and more western countries set course towards a future where criticizing someone's religion (Islam or whatever) falls under "hate speech" and therefore effectively kills freedom of speech, the maybe most important thing we (in the western world) have, cause it can be considered the foundation for everything else.

I read a line yesterday that Canada may pass a bill that will be a solid first step to silence freedom of speech.

Same with all the " " crap nowadays.

Tl;dr: I really don't like where all of this is going.

Tags
terrorism