Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Meanwhile in the White House:

Old 10-29-17, 12:07 PM   #3707
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Roger Stone had bit of a melt down on Twitter too. Now his account is suspended.
Old 10-29-17, 01:53 PM   #3708
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Roger Stone had bit of a melt down on Twitter too. Now his account is suspended.
Love it,lol

Al Capone
Old 10-29-17, 04:27 PM   #3709
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
What is this? Previews of coming attractions?

Are we truly at the point when we need trailers for legal action?

Why make the announcement on a Friday for action to take place on a Monday? Ratings?

Why make this announcement in the first place? Just do your job quietly and efficiently.

Make the announcement on Monday after the action is taken

I swear, our government is turning into a reality show.
A mini primer on Federal Grand Jury sealed indictments (Note: PACER refers to the Public Access to Court Electronic Records system, a sort of 'bulletin board' for the federal courts):

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ents-explained

My guess would be the announcement was made for some of the usual reasons:

1) Someone in the press got tipped off about the indictments and when the Special Counsel found out about it, an announcement was made as a preemptive move in order to keep some 'control' of the situation

2) The Special Counsel made the announcement to sort of 'rattle the cages' a bit to see which, if any, of the actors involved as potential targets in the investigations would make possibly self-incriminating moves in response; if anyone makes a sudden reservation for a flight to a non-extradition country, Mueller may have uncovered yet another route of investigation

It is interesting what day of the week and time of day the news was released; ever since the days of Nixon, close of business on Friday has been the optimal time to make announcements or take actions that may be controversial for one reason or another; if you're gonna fire someone or accept someone's resignation, if you're about to fess up some political peccadillo or other, if you want to take an action that may stir up a response you'd rather not deal with immediately, end of day Friday is the best bet; all the government offices are closed for the weekend making getting any official comment extremely difficult and all the major news outlets go to second or third string news staffs, meaning the big gun reporters and commentators won't be available to anchor the coverage; in addition, the weekend gives a whole two days to gauge public reaction to whatever transpired and adjust accordingly for open of business Monday...

Roger Stone's meltdown and Trumps plaintive pleas of "DO SOMETHING!!" might be a fair indicator those involved in the whole mess are not anticipating a resolution favorable to their condition(s)...

<O>
Old 10-29-17, 04:43 PM   #3710
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Or the investigation is turning out to be an anticlimactic flop. Meaning what everyone expected to find and what was actually uncovered is for the most part too trivial for the media first string to report.

If that's the case I as a citizen would love too know how much was spent in this boondoggle. But that'll probably be swept under the rug on a Friday too. Like they spent millions on a investigation looking into murder and conspiracy which turned up absolutely nothing. Too save face they impeached a sitting President over the definition of the word 'it'

I was thinking about this because it wasn't too long ago the President and Republcans congress always seemed very far apart. But as we drew near the conclusion of this investigation. I noticed they were now publically announcing themselves as team players like they knew it was now OK to associate themselves with POTUS,

Also in my experience shaking trees to see what falls is usually something that's done when you don't have anything to go on.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-29-17 at 05:30 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 10-29-17, 04:46 PM   #3711
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just set this stupid man (Trump) and his family - so captured because of threats to national security.
Then hopefully the nation will be born again...

Last edited by Bleiente; 10-29-17 at 04:54 PM.

Old 10-29-17, 05:17 PM   #3712
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Keep drinking that european kool aid. lol

Last edited by em2nought; 10-29-17 at 05:19 PM. Reason: funny
Old 10-29-17, 05:59 PM   #3713
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Or the investigation is turning out to be an anticlimactic flop. Meaning what everyone expected to find and what was actually uncovered is for the most part too trivial for the media first string to report.

If that's the case I as a citizen would love too know how much was spent in this boondoggle. But that'll probably be swept under the rug on a Friday too.

I was thinking about this because it wasn't too long ago the President and Republcans congress always seemed very far apart. But as we drew near the conclusion of this investigation. I noticed they were now publically announcing themselves as team players like they knew it was now OK to associate themselves with POTUS,

Also in my experience shaking trees to see what falls is usually something that's done when you don't have anything to go on.
If there was nothing to the investigation, I rather doubt a Federal Grand Jury or Federal Judge would sign off on indictment(s) or order the sealing of the charges. What would be gained by bringing up charges that would easily fall apart during legal process(es)? Look at the Clinton impeachment: there was no Grand Jury indictment returned against Clinton, he was indicted by Ken Starr, who had the authority; the fact the Grand Jury did not indict is a strong indicator they did not feel the charges were warranted and/or successfully prosecutable. That Star and the GOP went ahead anyway was a major boondoggle and a real waste of time and taxpayer money; got any complaints about that? At the very least, Mueller, unlike Starr, has apparently presented evidence and a case related to the charges that is enough to cause the Grand Jury to prefer charges against a person or persons; this means the case is already on far firmer footing than the previous case noted...

As far as being trivial, as I noted, the 'Friday ploy' is used to avoid the onslaught of media coverage, for whatever reason, and allow some 'breathing space' for the principals involved; there is also the component of being able to 'control' the dissemination of information and allow some sense of perspective without the circus of media 'talking heads'; if the case was indeed "trivial", what would be gained by delaying the inevitable? The argument is rather illogical...

I wonder where you're getting this impression the GOP mainstream is uniting in any major way with Trump; all I've seen or heard is members of the GOP, in Congress and out, becoming emboldened enough to publicly raise the alarm about the dangers of the Trump administration; I'm not really getting the 'all for one' vibe from the GOP and Trump: far from it...

If you want to gauge the situation by reaction, it should be noted Mueller and his team have been very low key throughout the process and are staying so; however, the frenzied meltdowns by Stone, Trump and the Trumpettes, who have got their collective Pampers in a bunch, and their desperate attempts to deflect and distract by manufacturing controversies that pale in comparison to the seriousness of the Special Counsel's investigations, indicates the desperation is not on Mueller's side: he's got at least one indictment, so far, and its scaring the bejesus out of the Trump and his Trumpettes - their soiled Pampers are mute testimony...

As far as shaking trees, its the best and easiest way to get what you want out of the branches; shaking tree for no gain is, well, illogical, much like Trump stirring up things with his nonsensical, absurd tweets; a sign of desperation on his part, you might say...

<O>
Old 10-29-17, 06:47 PM   #3714
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

All I'm saying is; does anyone know why the investigation was called in the first place? Then lets compare it to Monday's great revelation which when done I'm betting is a trivial non-event. Oh I'm sure it will be something much more to someone because for them it has to be plus for others their ratings depend on it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-29-17 at 08:45 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 10-30-17, 07:20 AM   #3715
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Manafort to turn himself in to Mueller, source says

Quote:
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is turning himself in Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.
Old 10-30-17, 07:29 AM   #3716
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Old 10-30-17, 08:36 AM   #3717
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Charges against Manafort and Rick Gates:
- conspiracy against the United States
- conspiracy to launder money
- unregistered agent of a foreign principal
- false and misleading US Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) statements
- false statements
- seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts

EDIT: Here's the actual document for those interested: https://www.justice.gov/file/1007271/download

Last edited by Dowly; 10-30-17 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-30-17, 09:08 AM   #3718
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

It has nothing to do with Trump and the White House though..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-30-17, 10:14 AM   #3719
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Give it time.

In other news, George Papadopolous (Trump's campaign aide) has pleaded quilty of lying to the FBI about his Russian contacts.

(PDF)
https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download
Old 10-30-17, 11:02 AM   #3720
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Yet!
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter