Closed Thread

Old 11-05-16, 02:26 PM   #3616
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Regardless of who will be the next President of USA

This thread will be very interesting to read the day after the election
(and of course the day before and on the election day, but mostly the day after)

Markus
Old 11-05-16, 03:10 PM   #3617
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
Obama is indeed a very good speaker. Her husband's not bad, either.

I've got to give Barack his due, he's probably been one of the most media savvy presidents since Reagan, and he's gotten right in there with the new social-media technology, and given a good image as a likeable family man, now whether that's just an image or whether it's the truth I cannot say, only he and his closest people would know that, but compared to what's coming...yeah, I'm going to miss him.
Old 11-05-16, 03:29 PM   #3618
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I've got to give Barack his due, he's probably been one of the most media savvy presidents since Reagan, and he's gotten right in there with the new social-media technology, and given a good image as a likeable family man, now whether that's just an image or whether it's the truth I cannot say, only he and his closest people would know that, but compared to what's coming...yeah, I'm going to miss him.
To his credit, Obama's administration has been scandal free to the point of dull sometimes. The really big scandals are always the ones in which the president himself is involved. It was Nixon's voice on those tapes that made Watergate a nightmare for him. It was Reagan's approval of the scheme to sell arms to terrorists and then divert the profits to the army the administration had created in Nicaragua that made Iran-Contra such a consequential affair. And as for the Lewinsky scandal, well let's just say Bill Clinton was intimately involved.

But the "no-drama Obama" thing seems to holding.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 11-05-16, 03:30 PM   #3619
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Ain't that funny-During his time as President, Obama was hated by many and there were many conspiracy regarding him and his Presidency

Now where there are two new candidates-many now hope that Obama would stay for a period or more.

I guess its like you know what you have. but you don't know what you'll got if electing a new President.

Markus
Old 11-05-16, 03:50 PM   #3620
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Although there are now a few voices who say at least a bit neutral or even slightly positive about Obama, almost all we could read here was that the majority of the american people have outright hated him.
The first black american president did not have much support for sure.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-05-16, 04:19 PM   #3621
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
almost all we could read here
The first black american president did not have much support for sure.
Not here anyway.
Old 11-05-16, 04:33 PM   #3622
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Mr. Obama was the first half-black president. His mother was white, remember? And she cared for him while his black father went on his merry way and abandoned him. Did not pay child support, did not spend time with him. Visited Barrack once. Yet people still say he's the first black president. He's just as much white as he is black. The math is easy. 50%.

Obama did not get support here because he was wrong for America. He's making our problems and challenges worse, not better. I like Obama as a person, he's a good guy and a really good speechifier, but I never thought he was qualified to be a President. I wish him well.
Old 11-05-16, 05:13 PM   #3623
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

So Clinton is under pressure-Heard on the news not so long ago, she had to visit one of the Dems certain state ´cause the polls showed it weren't that Dem-supporters after all. She hadn't any plan to visit this state
She visit Chicago.

Markus
Old 11-05-16, 05:31 PM   #3624
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The first black american president
Obama is not black. He is a half-caste, if that is the correct word (=Halbblut).

P.S. Oh, Neal was quicker.
Old 11-05-16, 06:16 PM   #3625
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Mr. Obama was the first half-black president. His mother was white, remember? And she cared for him while his black father went on his merry way and abandoned him. Did not pay child support, did not spend time with him. Visited Barrack once. Yet people still say he's the first black president. He's just as much white as he is black. The math is easy. 50%.
Which drinking fountain and bathroom would he have been permitted to use if he were around in the 50's? I doubt anyone back then would consider him "half black".
Old 11-05-16, 06:17 PM   #3626
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Obama is not black. He is a half-caste, if that is the correct word (=Halbblut).

P.S. Oh, Neal was quicker.
No, it is not the correct word. And by the one-drop rule that has historically dominated U.S. ideology regarding 'race', he is very much 'black'. Something which any impartial observer can readily see has driven much of the personal enmity against him.

Cue immediate denials by everyone...

Old 11-05-16, 06:28 PM   #3627
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Which drinking fountain and bathroom would he have been permitted to use if he were around in the 50's? I doubt anyone back then would consider him "half black".
Yeah, but you don't agree with those people in the 50's, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
No, it is not the correct word. And by the one-drop rule that has historically dominated U.S. ideology regarding 'race', he is very much 'black'. Something which any impartial observer can readily see has driven much of the personal enmity against him.

Cue immediate denials by everyone...
The one drop rule is racist. It was used to reduce someone's standing in society. It was racist to deny blacks equal access to public facilities, and this rule was instrumental in declaring someone with a black parent or grandparent were not equal to whites. And that prejudice exists today when people say a man with a black father and white mother is "black".

Someday, a black man will be elected President of the USA.
Old 11-05-16, 06:36 PM   #3628
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The one drop rule is racist. It was used to reduce someone's standing in society. It was racist to deny blacks equal access to public facilities, and this rule was instrumental in declaring someone with a black parent or grandparent were not equal to whites. And that prejudice exists today when people say a man with a black father and white mother is "black".

Someday, a black man will be elected President of the USA.
Of course the one drop rule is racist. That is what it is for.

Old 11-05-16, 06:38 PM   #3629
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

In Australia most people dont give a rats if you are white or black or anything else . But what I am more concerned about is big corporations undermining workers rights and pay . The rich are getting much richer and the poor are gaining in numbers .
Old 11-05-16, 06:43 PM   #3630
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
In Australia most people dont give a rats if you are white or black or anything else . But what I am more concerned about is big corporations undermining workers rights and pay . The rich are getting much richer and the poor are gaining in numbers .
I'm not sure the evidence really justifies your first sentence, but as for the rest, the answer lies in the hands of the Australian working class - a bit of good old-fashioned class struggle would seem to be the optimum response. Hopefully they won't allow themselves to be hoodwinked by billionaire businessmen pretending to be acting on their behalf...

Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump