SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-10, 05:14 PM   #3601
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauner View Post
Just loading a game and text under the picture says use observation periscope before surfacing because it has higher elevation. When I'm on periscope depth I can't use observation periscope any way it's under water I have to go to snorkel depth to use it.Should observation periscope suppose to be higher than attack periscope?
nope. According to information posted by BIGREG the obs scope sits lower than the attack scope. So I changed the extended height of the obs scope to what BIGREG posted and added a snorkel depth icon to make it easier to use the obs scope.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 05:40 PM   #3602
Brauner
Watch

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
nope. According to information posted by BIGREG the obs scope sits lower than the attack scope. So I changed the extended height of the obs scope to what BIGREG posted and added a snorkel depth icon to make it easier to use the obs scope.
May be BIGREG is right. Thank You.
Brauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 08:19 PM   #3603
Wordeee
Seaman

Downloads: 35
Default Trouble with setting options

Hi all,

Not sure what im doing wrong here. I am patched to v1.2. When in the Options page where you can set Ui style etc, its not doing what i want it to do. Its most definitely my problem, im just not sure what im doing wrong. IE I want to use the SH3Style for UI, now to i physically type "SH3Style" or do i enter the #1. I've tried both ways and it still will not give me the SH3 Style. Can anyone plz point me in the right direction here. I really wanna use this mod but just cant seem to get things workin right for me.

Thx in advance

Wordeee
Wordeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 12:25 AM   #3604
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The reason for it is pretty obvious: the attack scope is way up in the conning tower and the obs is 2 or 3 meters down in the control room and both scopes are about the same length.

Another interesting note is that the obs scope can only be used when it's extended enough to reach to the eyepiece (duh!), whereas the attack scope can be used at any length of extension because the eyepiece remains fixed as the scope moves up and down. This was one of the reasons both the British and Americans were amazed by it.

And on that note, is it possible to force the obs scope to be either fully extended or fully retracted to simulate the above fact?
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 03:22 AM   #3605
Temujin
Bosun

Downloads: 46
Default Some bags on the last (3.81) version..

Some bags that I've noticed on the last (3.81) version.

1. when loading a saved game, the sub's depth show 000 instead of 004-005 when on surface.
  2. when loading a saved game, the engines, instead "standard ahead" (3) show "all stop" (0)
  3. the TC value is missing (blank)
  4. the L key doesn't hide the notepad anymore.
  5. the TAB key doesn't hide-maximize the TAI anymore.
  6. once you hide the tools with the button, they won't re-appear again,
    only when you manually extend the TAI's size.
  7. it seems to me that the game plays as if TC >1 in spite of setting it to TC=1.
BTW, I tried v3.70 just to notice that these bags present on that version as well.
In the meanwhile I've reinstalled version 3.51

Temujin

Last edited by Temujin; 07-26-10 at 09:51 AM.
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 08:55 AM   #3606
Kapitan Franz-Josef Lemml
Watch

Downloads: 29

For the life of me I can't get the SH3 three dials to work. I have watched the Youtube video...edited the Python file to SH3Style...still nothing. I suck at this mod stuff!

Also, I noticed that when the time compression is turned up, you click on the compass wheel, and the sub will not change course. Only works when TC is way down.
Old 07-26-10, 09:37 AM   #3607
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 167

Double the bug with the compass. I am using Enhanced SH5 Style, but when TC is > 1, a click on the round compass does not change the course.
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 10:00 AM   #3608
marleymen
Planesman

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
Some bags that I've noticed on the last (3.81) version.

1. when loading a saved game, the sub's depth show 000 instead of 004-005 when on surface.
  2. when loading a saved game, the engines, instead "standard ahead" (3) show "all stop" (0)
  3. the TC value is missing (blank)
  4. the L key doesn't hide the notepad anymore.
  5. the TAB key doesn't hide-maximize the TAI anymore.
  6. once you hide the tools with the button, they won't re-appear again,
    only when you manually extend the TAI's size.
  7. it seems to me that the game plays as if TC >1 in spite of setting it to TC=1.
BTW, I tried v3.70 just to notice that these bags present on that version as well.
In the meanwhile I've reinstalled version 3.51

Temujin
TAB key is working for me.
Seems that you have a problem with your mods installed
marleymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 10:47 AM   #3609
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman View Post
looking at the picture - there are two bugs labelled 50 and 48

The 50 is at basis of 90m and 48 at basis of 21m so you may assume that 48 is showing mastheight and 50 is showing shipslength, but i'd say that it would make more sense if the bugs were the other way around.

Bug 50 covers the Basis ring
Bug 48 covers the Entfernung ring

SO Bug 48 is more useful for reading across to the AOB ring from the Basis ring

So let's say the dial is made to resemble the SH4 stadimeter dial.

You manually set Bug 50 to the ships mast height on the Basis ring, let's say 25 m, and then use the normal stadimeter function, this should automatically rotate the Entfernung ring so that the correct range is read off next to Bug 50.

You then click the button so that stadimeter is now functioning on the x-axis.

You move bug 48 so that the line indicates the ship's length , say 90m, on the Basis ring, but this time when you use the stadimeter, it rotates the inner AOB ring until the correct AOB is shown against this line on Bug 48.

If this is not how it did work, i think it's how it could work.
Can this file be usefull in any way

C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Filters\Stadimeter.pfx

Code:
SuperimposeImage
{
 xDisplacement 0.0
 yDisplacement 0.25
 intensity 0.5
}
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 02:07 PM   #3610
tat501
Helmsman

Downloads: 275
Default Help!

Hi Guys,

I'm new on here and I realise that this problem may have come up before and is discussed here but I can't really trawl through 242 pages to find it. Basically, I installed NewUIs_TDC_3_8_1ByTheDarkWraith and the screen goes crazy on loading. Everything is visable...deck gun tutorial, torpedo aiming tutorial, the little white ubisoft trophy bar etc all overlapping each other so i cant see the screen and I can't close them. I only did it because I wanted to be able to access the radio and the only other mods I have installed are radio stations and the IRIA_0_0_12ByTheDarkWraith as well so I would'nt have thought there'd be a compatability issue. I tried to attatch a screenshot but I dont know how on here so apologies for that.

Has anybody had a similar problem? If so I would be grateful if you could let me know how you resolved it!
Thanks in advance.
tat501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 03:21 PM   #3611
tat501
Helmsman

Downloads: 275

Ah its ok! I've sorted it out. Just had to restart the old computer...whoops
tat501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 04:14 PM   #3612
wotan2
Swabbie

Downloads: 62

Hi, please don't kill/sink me guys but Iam totally newbe but really like this sim and want to learn and play...so my question is can I use this great mod with the stock auto TDC? because I want to familiar with all the other control first and just finally go with manual TDC...
wotan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 04:45 PM   #3613
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotan2 View Post
Hi, please don't kill/sink me guys but Iam totally newbe but really like this sim and want to learn and play...so my question is can I use this great mod with the stock auto TDC? because I want to familiar with all the other control first and just finally go with manual TDC...
As far as i remember, there should be no problem, als long as you keep the appropiate option in the SH5 options ticked (or unticked, dont remember what the setting was, exactly).
Old 07-26-10, 05:03 PM   #3614
wotan2
Swabbie

Downloads: 62

thanks for quick reply, but my first experience that I cannot ...because when I switcted off the TDC by XO the 1-2-3 numbers not showing up on the torp path The manual tdc turned off in game options and in mod options I turned off the forced manual targeting as well
wotan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 05:06 PM   #3615
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotan2 View Post
thanks for quick reply, but my first experience that I cannot ...because when I switcted off the TDC by XO the 1-2-3 numbers not showing up on the torp path The manual tdc turned off in game options and in mod options I turned off the forced manual targeting as well
use the new button on the TAI and nav map to edit the map features. Ensure these are checked (you can also edit the options file to make these changes persistent on each game start):

- Torpedo solution line
- Round numbers on torpedo solution line (1, 2, 3)

Then also ensure TDC is off and you don't have manual targeting checked in the game options. That should show the torp line with the 1-2-3 numbers on it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui