SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-15, 02:02 PM   #346
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

At least the female had sworn allegiance to IS, German media quote San Bernadino police speaker. Add this to "14 dead", "12 pipe bombs", "5000 rounds stored", and "Islamic mindset".

I add the single pieces together, and I don't care for the oh so clever hair-splitting by some people here. Call the drama, call the two murderers what you want - its two Muslim terrorists we talk of now, because that is what their mindset obviously has been, and if they had not gone off now, they would have later: the writing is crystal-clear on the wall.

And who knows if maybe people must feel lucky that they went off by beign triggered by some job event. if thy had started their coup in an even more prepared fashion, by the time and place of their choice, the local residents maybe would need to bury many more corpses now. Paris has shown what a very small number of automatic weapons in the few hands of the determined can do. There is the reason why these weapons are called the worst weapon of mass destruction ever in human history.
Old 12-04-15, 03:03 PM   #347
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Hope some can provide me with confirmations about what I'm about to write

A friend had posted a video showing Russian Bomber plane bombing A Daesh what looks like a refinery and some cistern

And with words these has been untouched until now.

That made me confused-Have our own politicians let Daesh have these oil refinery all these time

USA/NATO etc have been bombing Daesh for a long time before Russia entered the party and targets like those are or should be what I would call top priority targets.

Markus
Yes Markus, Russian and Coalition aircraft have been bombing oil refineries in Syria. To cut off the ability of Daesh to sell the oil on the black market.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 03:40 PM   #348
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Yes Markus, Russian and Coalition aircraft have been bombing oil refineries in Syria. To cut off the ability of Daesh to sell the oil on the black market.
Thank you, but you missed some part of my question or I may have misspelled it.

Was Russia the first to bomb these targets ? If yes, why wasn't they bombed by USA/NATO and other countries ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 03:55 PM   #349
eddie
Ocean Warrior

The Coalition started bombing them a while ago. Russia wasn't the first to do it.

Al Capone
Old 12-04-15, 03:58 PM   #350
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Unbelievable!!! The goofy landlord of the shooters home, let reporters inside and they went crazy in there! Jeez, I wonder if the crime scene has been contaminated now!?!

http://news.yahoo.com/reporters-inex...82218908.html#

Al Capone
Old 12-04-15, 06:00 PM   #351
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I was watching the live news conference by the local police, the FBI and other alphabet agencies on TV about 3 hours ago and the FBI Director in charge of this region and the current investigation addressed the very subject of the landlord opening up the condo to the press. He said the various agencies had completed their sweeps and had turned over control of the condo to the owner (the couple had been renting the unit and did not own it). The Director said the FBI was required to do so by law. He noted that after returning control to the owner, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have no say in what happens to the property. If you saw the news footage of the inside of the condo, there was very openly placed on a table copies of the search warrants and a full and complete listing of all items removed from the scene. When the press questioned why those documents were left at the scene, the Director said the law also required the agencies to leave copies of those documents at the scene...

If you saw the footage of the condo and its remaining contents, there was something rather odd about the scene; there were items one would think would have been tagged and bagged for evaluation, items such as at least one printer, a couple of PC keyboards and mice, and a surprisingly large number of items one would think might yield fingerprints, DNA, or other trace evidence. It was almost as if the items were left behind on purpose, although what that purpose might be is beyond my ken. This whole case is rife with some very odd and anomalous circumstances and activities. Even the Director, at the press conference in San Bernardino, noted many aspects of the couple, their actions, and the related evidence has been baffling, running contrary to what has come to be expected in cases of either workplace violence or terrorist attacks. There is something rather hinky about the whole case and it will be interesting to see what develops in the future. What I hope doesn't happen is a slide into an attitude of "Well, they're dead, so what difference does it make?. There are to many unanswered questions and possible leads to be followed to allow the investigation of this crime to fall into a posture of indifference...

<O>
Old 12-04-15, 10:51 PM   #352
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

"Typical Housewife"

Quote:
Farook was remembered as reserved by co-workers, who said he had grown his beard out in recent months – often a sign among Muslims of heightened religious devotion. He also had gotten into several heated arguments with a co-worker, Nicholas Thalasinos, about Islam. Thalasinos reportedly questioned whether Farook’s faith was truly a “religion of peace.” He was one of the 14 killed in Wednesday’s attack.
I guess Farook showed him.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 12-04-15 at 11:00 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 01:28 AM   #353
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

That's why I avoid conversations about religion,sports or politics at work or when I encounter people. I just nod and agree with what ever they say.

While I was in the Air Force let me tell you I heard some interesting(crazy) "conversations" (mostly me just nodding in agreement while the other blabbed). I never had any issues so it must have worked. I did report once a guy that said some interestign(conserning) stuff about Nazis I guess they sundowned him cause he just vanished from the unit one day.
EDIT: Sundowned means kicked out of the military rapidly
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 02:50 AM   #354
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
That's why I avoid conversations about religion,sports or politics at work or when I encounter people. I just nod and agree with what ever they say.

While I was in the Air Force let me tell you I heard some interesting(crazy) "conversations" (mostly me just nodding in agreement while the other blabbed). I never had any issues so it must have worked. I did report once a guy that said some interestign(conserning) stuff about Nazis I guess they sundowned him cause he just vanished from the unit one day.
EDIT: Sundowned means kicked out of the military rapidly
Me too, I stay the hell away from anything religious or political at work. You're just looking for trouble. It's almost always that third party, that has no part of your conversation, over hears it and reports you to HR because they didn't like it. I've worked with people who wore their religion on their sleeves. Really smurfing annoying. One place I work, there were two people who didn't like each others faith, so they were constantly trying to convert each other. People can be so petty about beliefs, you don't believe their way....they won't even talk to you.
Old 12-05-15, 08:29 AM   #355
Dmitry Markov
Officer

Downloads: 0

My condolenses to all who suffered during shooting in CA.
Old 12-05-15, 09:14 AM   #356
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

It would now appear that those who speculated it may be terrorism related were correct.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 11:58 AM   #357
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Heated arguement if Islam was a religion of peace, whats the argument? Of course its a religion of peace. Its just that there can be no peace until all have submitted to it.

And dont give me any crap about he was radicalized. There is no such thing in Islam. You either believe fully in its morally henious doctrine like the perpetrators of this crime did, or you don't.

"They were radicalized" is used to minimize the responisibilty of a terrorist act. Someone else made the person a "terrorist" against that persons will. Some here are very fond of the word and use it often for just that reason.

Too bad.

Nobody radicalized them nobody made them do it. That religion and doctrine called lead them and they made the conscience decision follow it to the letter.

LEADERSHIP

1. the position or function of a leader, a person who guides or directs a group:
He managed to maintain his leadership of the party despite heavy opposition.
Synonyms: administration, management, directorship, control, governorship, stewardship, hegemony.
2. ability to lead:
As early as sixth grade she displayed remarkable leadership potential.
Synonyms: authoritativeness, influence, command, effectiveness; sway, clout.
3. an act or instance of leading; guidance; direction:
They prospered under his strong leadership.
Old 12-05-15, 12:05 PM   #358
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Heated arguement if Islam was a religion of peace, whats the argument? Of course its a religion of peace. Its just that there can be no peace until all have submitted to it.

And dont give me any crap about he was radicalized. There is no such thing in Islam. You either believe fully in its morally henious doctrine like the perpetrators of this crime did, or you don't.

"They were radicalized" is used to minimize the responisibilty of a terrorist act. Someone else made the person a "terrorist" against that persons will. Some here are very fond of the word and use it often for just that reason.
Pretty much how I see it.
Old 12-05-15, 12:31 PM   #359
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It would now appear that those who speculated it may be terrorism related were correct.
Looks that way Jim.

Al Capone
Old 12-05-15, 12:48 PM   #360
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Is this one of those times when you are just kidding?

Quote:
If you have any kind of evidence to back this up I'd like to hear it. And don't bother quoting from an ancient book. There are lots of ancient books that say lots of things. Not everybody believes them. You should be able to differentiate between a religious person and a religious extremist. If you can't you will have some problems.

Quote:
Nobody radicalized them nobody made them do it.
Unless this is just your personal opinion, prove it.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism