SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-26-14, 01:56 PM   #346
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Rumour holds it that the next update will be around 3GB in size, and will be the last update in the Early Access phase.

Considering the size, one is lured into believing that there might be cars, tracks, and additonal content, the new grapohics engine and sound engine, a "new and much demanded" feature that Kunos recently said they hope to cramp in (could be pitstops, I assume), in short: the final release candidate for 1.0.

Further hints they sporadically released via Twitter or Facebook indicate that the Early Access phase indeed will be over "soon".

There is a growing light in the dark tunnel, and it ain't the headlights of an approaching train...

For the time being, after today's Friday we are still at 0.22.9

Forza, Kunos, forza!
Old 09-28-14, 08:12 PM   #347
Skybird
Soaring

Kunos' manager Marco Massarutto released on Facebook a cryptic two-worder: "Almost done".

Meanwhile plenty of activity has been observed at Kunos' company headquarter at Vallelunga. Posters and banners got delivered and are being set up, partyrooms get build, track segments got decorated, trucks shuttled in many iconic sportscars (the real things this time), all of them happen to be content of AC.

Looks as if they are preparing a big party.

Means: get ready for the finishing line, guys...!!!
Old 09-29-14, 02:32 PM   #348
Skybird
Soaring

Live Blog:

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...ve-blog.93711/

Oculus Rift support. Pitstops in Multiplayer (not SP so far).
Old 09-30-14, 06:53 AM   #349
Skybird
Soaring

Rumour: release candidate in mid-october, release of 1.0 end of october.

That's why the press event yesterday.

Old 09-30-14, 03:06 PM   #350
Skybird
Soaring

Interview with Kunos manager Marco Massarutto in video, original Italian language, and with mouthwatering ingame video footage. The interview got translated into English in text form below the video. We learn some interesting news, for example that the pitstops that will come for MP in 1.0, will be worked into single player mode as well once the 1.0 has been released (look at the fully animated hectic pit crew at work in the video!), or that the Early Access program went so well that it allowed them to not only invest into additional licenses, but also to boost the team size from a core of 6 to 15 members.

http://simhqmotorsports.com/forum/ub...t_#Post3717081

Old 10-03-14, 05:56 AM   #351
Skybird
Soaring

Epic.

Kunos presents:

- new graphics engine
- La Ferrari
- Spa Francorshamps

Holy cow, does that look awesome! Cant put it better than the singer in her refrain...

Mind you, more good stuff coming as well: all new (and enhanced) sound system, new tire model (including flats, puncturing, and more), damage model both visually
and pyhsically, pit stops in MP (SP later to follow), new brake system (heating, fading), Hill Climb Trentro-Bondone, more cars, maybe more track surprises (classical
Spa, classical Silverstone, classical steep turn Monza)...

And here we see the heads and hands behind the marvel:

Aristotelis Vasilakos:
Quote:
Fabrizio Brugnaro (new junior programmer), Alessandro Piva (new senior programmer), Luca Miragoli (lead car 3D artist), Giovanni Romagnoli (senior programmer),
Fabio Massarutto (photographer, track acquisition), Marco Massarutto (Executive manager, Project manager, license director, miracle making), Valeria Bozzolan (CEO),
Stefano Casillo (CTO, Lead Programmer, Founder, visionary), Aristotelis Vasilakos (paper boy), Idomeneas Mitsotakis (User Interface Programmer), Valerio Nolano (external operations, track acquisition, photography)

Missing from the photo some very important members like, Simone Trevisiol (Lead 3D artist extraordinair, circuits), Luca Sodano (Sound engineer, Forum Admin, support),
Kirill Kuzin (3D cars artist) and of course some more external collaborators that slowly become part of the team in a more stable way, like Tim Brokaw (skins),
Mirza Rustemović (3D Artist), Pietro Cottone and Jonz (screenshots, videos) and others that I forgot right now so please forgive me for this

Last edited by Skybird; 10-03-14 at 06:47 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 07:45 AM   #352
Skybird
Soaring

In many posts on other forums there is plenty of wonderings and criticism that AC is this and not that, and does not feature items wanted while offering a focus that in the opinion of the poster is not "complete", and so on. Why is it no iRacing, why is it not Project Cars, why is it not rF2, why is not this, and why is it not that.

Aris from Kunos team gave this answer on what the focus is that AC revolves around, and it is so nice and puristic and concentrated on the core of things that it reminds me of SBP and eSim's attitude of prioritizing where their core expertise is:

Our focus is on driving fast. It always has been, and always will be. So if for whatever reason we need to do a compromise it will be for everything else not related to driving fast.

Lack of time, lack of talent, lack of experience, lack of technology, or whatever else, means we will try to make it better when you're inside the car driving, than when you're watching replays or moving around the track in birds view etc...

You can see this in tons of example in Assetto Corsa.

(Aristotelis Vasilakos, Kunos Simulazioni)

Old 10-07-14, 02:31 PM   #353
Skybird
Soaring

New Promotion Trailer:

Old 10-09-14, 06:19 AM   #354
Skybird
Soaring

RaceDepartment has a nice report about how they experienced the press day at Vallelunga, and some nice info is packed into the text.

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...s-event.94161/

Some highlights in info:

Quote:
To make sure the term Simulazione is used correctly, Kunos has great attention for factual details. All the official content in the game is officially licensed, and with that built on 100% real-life specifications. To get the closest to real feeling cars and the tyres they use have to behave as they should, and it needs to be accurate, no values are guessed, or estimated.

Announced improvements made on the tire model are:
  • Blistering: When the tires get too hot, small "heat bubbles" will form, and then little pieces get ripped from the surface of the tire.
  • Graining: Very often, this happens when the tires are getting abused, or is a bit too cold for the treatment it get's, it can very easily happen at the start of a race, if the tires are not brought up to correct temperature.
Blistering and graining are non-reversible, and you will lose grip and have slower lap times once you've encountered these problems. This is also a reason why pitstops are very important for Kunos to get out. For now, Kunos announced that pit stops will be on multiplayer only. Eventually, AI will be capable of pitting as well, but there is no indication given on when that will be.
Additional new cars for 1.0:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
Ferrari 458 GT2
Ferrari LaFerrari
Mercedes AMG SLS GT3

Additional new tracks for 1.0:

a third Silverstone track, not further specified
Spa-Francorchamps
Trento-Bondone Hillclimb

Free content after release of 1.0:

Zandvoort (!!)
Ruf Yellowbird
Nissan GTR
Corvette stingray C7
Silverstone historical 60s
Monza 1962
Abarth 595ss vintage
Abarth 500 Assetto Corse (race car)
Toyota GT86
Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5
Audi R8 Plus (2014)
Audi S1 Quattro (!!)
Lotus Exige R-Cup
Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione
2012 Hybrid

Dreampack 1st DLC (payware):

Nurburgring Nordschleife
Sauber Mercedes C9
Corvette C7R GTE
Nissan GTR GT3
Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
McLaren P1
McLaren F1 GTR
Ruf RT 35 S
Mercedes 190 E 2.6-16 Evolution 2

Old 10-15-14, 06:38 AM   #355
Skybird
Soaring

Will it happen today? Stefano Castillo, big boss of Kunos Simulazioni, confirms the plan to release it TODAY.

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/sta...45318638047233

Expected download size will be in the range of 3 GB, rumours say.

I will not switch off the computer today, and have Steam running in the background all the time. Both is against my usual habit.
Old 10-15-14, 12:38 PM   #356
Skybird
Soaring

Ladies and gentlemen,

after 11 months of Early Access program, we now have an official release candidate that I am currently downloading.

Assetto Corsa is now version 1.0, and feature-complete.

Download size is 3.1 GB. Installation over a clean, mod-free AC installation is recommended.

Quote:
1.0.0 RC
- Assetto Corsa is now feature complete
- General bugfixing and performance optimizations
- Visual damages enabled
- Aero damage implemented for all cars
- Engine damage implemented for all cars
- Suspension damage implemented for all cars
- Tyre Damage System
- Pit stop implemented for online races
- Multiplayer improvements
- New audio engine implemented
- New post processing effects enabled, heat shimmering, god rays etc
- New car : Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde model 2013
- New car : Ferrari 458 GT2
- New car : Ferrari LaFerrari
- New car : Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
- New car : Lotus Evora GTE Carbon
- New car : Lotus Exige S
- New car : Lotus Exige V6 CUP
- New car : Mercedes AMG SLS GT3
- New car : Shelby Cobra 427SC
- New track : Silverstone National
- New track : Spa Francorchamps
- New track : Trento Bondone hillclimb
- Audio sample improvements and volume balancing
- Added track reverb zones
- Fixed Traction Control always engaged in particular conditions
- TC and ABS factory settings now work properly
- Tuned distance filter and attenuation for exterior sounds
- Balanced performances for GT2/GT3 cars
- Lotus 49, Lotus 98T, Ferrari 312T have lower default rev limiters. Can go over 100% but damage may occur on higher revs
- Improvements on digital instruments cockpits for various cars
- Added track sound reverb
- Added different sounds for car to car, car to objects and car to track collisions
- Improvements on automatic gearbox on various cars
- All the tracks have been improved and updated with collidable objects
- Overall interior samples volume correction and balance
- Overall exterior samples volume correction
- Tuned wind and tyre rolling volumes and curves
- Tuned kerb pitch and volume according with speed
- Tuned ambience(crowd) volume
- Tuned interior and exterior gearshift sounds
- Steer animations for Ferrari 458 S3
- Small fix on the front Pagani Zonda R tyres
- LOD4 implemented to increase framerate performances
- Drivetrain damage for cars with H shifter gearboxes.
- Traction control sound now works for all cars
- Showroom bugfixing and improvements
- Added tyre blankets under realism tab. The setting is global for all cars and pre heats tyres at 80 C
- Career now available
- New 3D driver models
- BMW Z4 GT3 aero balancing, rear wings stalls more on low values
- New TCP/UDP server
- All tyres have graining and blistering enabled
- All tyres have rim radius
- Fixed all F1 cameras for all vehicles
- Fixed all F6 cameras for all vehicles
- GUI improvements
- Driver animations improvements
- Replay now records the current leaderboard
- Oculus DK2 support
- Single player Qualify improved
Old 10-16-14, 05:22 AM   #357
Skybird
Soaring

The Spa track is fantastic, looks, feels and drives awesome! One of the best tracks there are for AC, one of the very very best!

The Ferrari LaFerrari - hell, is that thing fast, while being more agile than the Huayra! As usual with these sportsupercars, you have to relearn driiving especially regarding when startzing to break. The magical spell is: EARLY.

The new sound suite, though still not complete for all cars, already is a fulminant improvement over the old one, especiallyx when watching from the fence, the new reverb effects and the roaring sounds of the engines really add to the excitement.

The new graohics engine also works way better than the old one, giving more natural contrasts that are not so harsh to the eye, and nicier brightness and colour scaling. I have switched the post processing effect profile from "dynamic" (which is default) to "none", however.

Damage system needs more balancing.

Some old malfunctions/bugs still are present. Its a release candidate, after all. Skins of cars when having more than one car class in arace, still get doubled and tripled, not fully randomised.

Trento-Bondone showed to be only a slightly improved conversion from the netKart track. Taken for itself: a solid track (and most mod tracks still do not make it to its level), compared to the standard of the other Kunos-made tracks: its not en par with them.

The third Silverstone version: I admit I think it was not really needed. Well done, but for driving it is the most boring of the three.

Although having cleaned my installation before downloading (although I had only car skins, two cars and a tire temp app and a mini-HUD aapp in use anyway, nothing else, except the car skins I removed all that), installation of 1.0 seems to have created problems, mod apps do not show up anymore, the acs.exe does not do its job for me, and as a result my G27 wheel does not get correctly recognised by the sim.

Spa, sound and graphics is what makes me grinning from ear to ear nevertheless. Spa is fantastic.

I needed 2:40 hours to download those 3.2 GB. I hope I do not end up needing to download the whole sim again (and I had external full installation copies on HD, and the Steam backup on USB stick - all to no use now). Not only would it be work to replace all those mod skins I use (> 20GB, probably several hundred skins), but the sim itself has a download volume in full install of 30 GB, according to the tech specs displayed at Steam. Go figure how long the download would take... One complete day and one complete night...
Old 10-16-14, 11:00 AM   #358
Mud
Captain

Downloads: 50

I have AC for about 7 months, tried it a few times but never was really impressed.
DL'd the update last night and give it a go this evening
Old 10-16-14, 11:49 AM   #359
Skybird
Soaring

In the past 7 months: massively improved tires, physics, sounds, gfx engine, acceptable AI, and superb default tracks (and by now quite some excellent mod tracks as well, some very excellent mod tracks indeed).

It should feel very different and very realistic for you. If you say later this night that you still are not impressed, I'll hit you!

Just take note of the recommendation to install 1.0 over a new installation, means in your case now: download it all freshly. I currently do it, since my installation of 1.0 over a manually cleaned existing 0.22 seems to have created artifacts causing troubles. It's 5.7 GB download in total. Thank God they compressed it heavily, else I would be screwed.
Old 10-16-14, 03:14 PM   #360
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Got a small problem in the showroom,lol!

Thankfully it doesn't show up that way in game!

I wish you guys would widen your tracks over there, keep doing a lot of this! Hunter is probably behind this too!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote