Old 12-31-16, 06:08 PM   #346
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Operation Typhoon - Hitler's march on Moscow, October 1941
I suppose with your back, you have to stick to something that's not got too many laffs in it
Old 12-31-16, 06:57 PM   #347
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24

Icon13 THe Money Pit 101

Really camping out now: kitchen remod has us camped out! Now the inducer motor on my Bryant house-furnace has utterly died: motor bearing shrieking and too hot to touch!.. the 3'' plastic cooling fan (spinning black wheel-rim in video) melted and flew off right in front of me! No part is immediately available and the local furnace man not able until Monday! Damn motor was replaced three years ago on the furnace which was itself replaced 20 years ago.... built in obsolescence right on schedule!I'm opting for a new furnace in lieu of motor re-repair! I note the video guy is replacing his motor after only a year- hey! mine lasted three! The ironic upside is, this AM I had routinely called for a half-cord of firewood 2 B delivered tomorrow !!! Said wood-stove replaced original brick fireplace/chimney (to code) destroyed in earthquake epicentered 500 yards NW of the house twelve years ago! Now that I've no other heat source, I can burn even on "Spare the Air" days!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 12-31-16 at 07:11 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 04:35 AM   #348
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

You guys have had had one hell of a Christmas and New Year... I wish we could've had you round to stay but it's, what... 5000+ miles?
Old 01-01-17, 06:47 AM   #349
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Well I am not 12 hours into the new year and the neighbours have gone off the deep end shouting at each other and slamming doors. Happy new year as if, same old stuff continual's.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 07:53 AM   #350
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Discovering how to use "Facebook"
Getting to see how it works now. All these women are wanting to be friends...
Old 01-01-17, 09:13 AM   #351
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Well I am not 12 hours into the new year and the neighbours have gone off the deep end shouting at each other and slamming doors. Happy new year as if, same old stuff continual's.
I think by now I'd be having a 'quiet' word in their ear or having one of the local chaps doing that.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 10:47 AM   #352
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I think by now I'd be having a 'quiet' word in their ear or having one of the local chaps doing that.
Their low life riff raff jim, last time I went round and told them to give it a rest I got a visit from the police receiving a complaint I threaten to kill them. If telling some one to stop slamming doors and screaming at each other is a death threat then there is no hope.

Just to add that happen a few years ago, as I understand it now the police do not come out for that sort of thing any more now handled by the council and my council is useless.

Good news they all gone out so I am making the most of the piece and quite.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-01-17, 11:39 AM   #353
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24

Default They pound the walls u £ 'em in small claims

Your going at it wrong: I assume your a renter and the offenders may be also? One term of a rent implied or otherwise is:' U have the right to the 'peaceful use of the premises'. These people have denied U this. If you have the same land lord Withhold the rent till he solves the problem. Make sure the landlord knows the money's available upon his timely action. If not SUE 'EM! That's hardly a 'threat to kill them' all nice and legal too! I'm sure English procedures must B similar
Quote:
Can I sue a noisy neighbor?
If your neighbor keeps disturbing you, you can sue, and ask the court for money damages or to order the neighbor to stop the noise ("abate the nuisance," in legal terms). For money damages alone, you can use small claims court. For a court order telling somebody to stop doing something, you'll probably have to sue in regular court.
Of course, what you really want is for the nuisance to stop. But getting a small claims court to order your neighbor to pay you money can be amazingly effective. And suing in small claims court is easy, inexpensive, and doesn't require a lawyer.
To win, you'll need to show:
  • There is excessive and disturbing noise.
  • The person you are suing is either creating the noise or is the landlord and therefore responsible.
  • Your enjoyment of your home is affected.
  • You have asked the person to stop the noise.
To prove your case, use police reports, witnesses, your own testimony, or even a recording.
How much money should you sue for? In most states, small claims courts limit judgments to between £2,500 and £7,500. (For the amount in your state, see How Much Can I Sue for in Small Claims Court?) Requesting £20 a day for your trouble would probably be considered reasonable. If the noise problem is really severe -- keeping you from sleeping or working and making you completely frazzled -- make it £100 a day.
Quite naturally With your back being the more aggravated etc I'd throw in 'pain and suffering' as well. When U win possibly by default for not contesting, B sure to garnish their waqes from their employer, They'll really hate that! Bottom line; you're yankin' their chain they're not yankin' yours! Word of caution : never approach a domestic squabble while ongoing; I've done so in uniform and they can be extremely dangerous-fingernails and kitchen implements at close-quarters. ..and they'll both turn on you

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 12:56 PM   #354
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

The other element of this which the offenders wouldn't wish to invite is that it would leave them with a besmirched record, which might go against them in all kinds of ways in the future.
Old 01-01-17, 05:46 PM   #355
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Their low life riff raff jim, last time I went round and told them to give it a rest I got a visit from the police receiving a complaint I threaten to kill them. If telling some one to stop slamming doors and screaming at each other is a death threat then there is no hope.

Just to add that happen a few years ago, as I understand it now the police do not come out for that sort of thing any more now handled by the council and my council is useless.

Good news they all gone out so I am making the most of the piece and quite.
I know what you mean and I appreciate the dilemma you potentially face but if I had reached the end of my tether I would be seeking the assistance of those 'local chaps' who had the ability to convince them that going to the police was the far more dangerous course of action.

If they are the 'riff raff' you say they are, they will fully understand the possible implications of non-compliance. Of course, all that depends on whom you choose to pass the message on

Old 01-02-17, 06:33 AM   #356
STEED
Lucky Jack

Cold day today, just open the window let some fresh air in and its all quite out there. I suspect people are sobering up and coming down from the end of year high, yes its back to reality.

I think I will pop out later for a walk, give it time for the ice to melt.

Old 01-02-17, 09:30 AM   #357
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Cold day today, just open the window let some fresh air in and its all quite out there. I suspect people are sobering up and coming down from the end of year high, yes its back to reality.

I think I will pop out later for a walk, give it time for the ice to melt.
Get to a nice cosy bar with Sky Sports and watch the TOON

Old 01-02-17, 02:59 PM   #358
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Get to a nice cosy bar with Sky Sports and watch the TOON
I hope you never bothered, the buggas got beat

Old 01-02-17, 04:42 PM   #359
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Realizing
1) it's been ages since I played FSX, too long in fact and
2) real weather I was not ready for...

Anyone near Friday Harbor, Washington? What's up with your winter weather, guys?
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 04:53 PM   #360
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

It takes most people ages before they can play FSX, owing to the load-time